1. And all the congregation of the children of Israel journeyed from the wilderness of Sin, after their journeys, according to the commandment of the LORD, and pitched in Rephidim. And there was no water for the people to drink.
2. And the people argued with Moses and said, “Give us water that we may drink.” And Moses said to them, “Why do you argue with me? Why do you tempt the LORD?”
3. And the people thirsted there for water. And the people murmured against Moses and said, “Why is this, that you brought us up out of Egypt to kill us and our children and our livestock with thirst?”
4. And Moses cried to the LORD, saying, “What shall I do with this people? They are almost ready to stone me!”
5. And the LORD said to Moses, “Go on ahead of the people, and take with you the elders of Israel. And take your rod with which you struck the Nile. Take it in your hand and go.
6. Behold, I will stand before you there upon the rock in Horeb. And you shall smite the rock, and there shall come water out of it, so that the people may drink.” And Moses did so in the sight of the elders of Israel.
7. And he called the name of the place Massah and Meribah because of the arguing of the children of Israel and because they tempted the LORD, saying, “Is the LORD among us or not?”
8. Then Amalek came and made war against Israel in Rephidim.
9. And Moses said to Joshua, “Choose men for us, and go out to fight against Amalek. Tomorrow I will stand on the top of the hill with the rod of God in my hand.”
10. And Joshua did as Moses had said to him, and fought against Amalek. And Moses, Aaron and Hur went up to the top of the hill.
11. And it came to pass when Moses held up his hand, Israel prevailed. And when he let down his hand, Amalek prevailed.
12. But Moses’ hands became heavy. And they took a stone and put it under him, and he sat on it. And Aaron and Hur held up his hands, the one on the one side, and the other on the other side. And his hands were steady until the going down of the sun.
13. And Joshua defeated Amalek and his people with the edge of the sword.
15. And Moses built an altar, and called the name of it The LORD My Banner.
16. And he said, “Because the LORD has sworn that the LORD will have war against Amalek from generation to generation.”
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved