1. And the LORD said to Moses, “Now you shall see what I will do to Pharaoh; for with a strong hand he shall let them go, and with a strong hand he shall drive them out of his land.”
2. And God spoke to Moses, and said to him, “I am the LORD.
3. And I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob as God Almighty. But I was not known to them by My name JEHOVAH.
4. And I have also established My covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan, the land of their pilgrimage, in which they were strangers.
5. And I have also heard the groaning of the children of Israel, those whom the Egyptians are keeping in bondage. And I have remembered My covenant.
6. Therefore say to the children of Israel, ‘I am the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will rescue you out of their bondage. And I will redeem you with an outstretched arm, and with great judgments.
7. And I will take you to Me for a people, and I will be to you a God. And you shall know that I am the LORD your God, Who brings you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.
8. And I will bring you into the land concerning which I did swear to give to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob. And I will give it to you for a heritage. I am the LORD!’ ”
9. And Moses spoke in this manner to the children of Israel. But they did not hearken to Moses through shortness of spirit and through cruel bondage.
10. And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying,
11. “Go in, speak to Pharaoh, king of Egypt, that he let the children of Israel go out of his land.”
12. And Moses spoke before the LORD, saying, “Behold, the children of Israel have not hearkened to me. How then shall Pharaoh hear me since I have lips that are not circumcised?”
13. And the LORD spoke to Moses and to Aaron, and gave them a charge to the children of Israel, and to Pharaoh, king of Egypt, to bring the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt.
14. These were the heads of their fathers’ houses: The sons of Reuben, the firstborn of Israel: Hanoch and Pallu, Hezron and Carmi. These were the families of Reuben.
15. And the sons of Simeon: Jemuel and Jamin and Ohad and Jachin and Zohar and Shaul, the son of a Canaanitess. These were the families of Simeon.
16. And these were the names of the sons of Levi, according to their generations: Gershon and Kohath and Merari. And the years of the life of Levi were a hundred and thirty-seven years.
17. The sons of Gershon: Libni and Shimi, by their families.
18. And the sons of Kohath: Amram and Izhar and Hebron and Uzziel. And the years of the life of Kohath were a hundred and thirty-three years.
19. And the sons of Merari: Mahli and Mushi. These were the families of Levi according to their generations.
20. And Amram took Jochebed, his father’s sister, for his wife. And she bore him Aaron and Moses. And the years of the life of Amram were a hundred and thirty-seven years.
21. And the sons of Izhar: Korah and Nepheg and Zichri.
22. And the sons of Uzziel: Mishael and Elzaphan and Zithri.
23. And Aaron took Elisheba, the daughter of Amminadab, sister of Nahshon, for his wife. And she bore him Nadab and Abihu, Eleazar and Ithamar.
24. And the sons of Korah were Assir and Elkanah and Abiasaph. These were the families of the Korahites.
25. And Aaron’s son Eleazar took his wife of the daughters of Putiel. And she bore him Phinehas. These were the heads of the fathers of the Levites according to their families.
26. It was Aaron and Moses to whom the LORD said, “Bring out the children of Israel from the land of Egypt according to their armies.”
27. These were the ones who spoke to Pharaoh, king of Egypt, to bring out the children of Israel from Egypt. It was Moses and Aaron.
28. And it came to pass on the day the LORD spoke to Moses in the land of Egypt,
29. That the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, “I am the LORD. You speak to Pharaoh, king of Egypt, all that I say to you.”
30. And Moses said before the LORD, “Behold, I am of uncircumcised lips, and how shall Pharaoh hearken to me?”
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved