1. And I looked, and behold! In the expanse over the head of the cherubim appeared the form of a throne, like a sapphire stone, above them.
2. And He spoke to the man clothed with linen, and said, “Go in among the wheels, under the cherubim, and fill your hands with coals of fire from between the cherubim, and scatter them upon the city.” And he went in before me.
3. And the cherubim were standing on the right side of the house when the man went in; and the cloud filled the inner court.
4. And the glory of the LORD rose from the cherubim, over the threshold of the house. And the house was filled with the cloud, and the court was full of the brightness of the LORD’S glory.
5. And the sound of the wings of the cherubim was heard over the outer court, as the voice of the Almighty God when He speaks.
6. And it came to pass when He had commanded the man clothed with linen, saying, “Take fire from between the wheels, from between the cherubim;” then he went in and stood beside a wheel.
7. And one cherub stretched out his hand from between the cherubim to the fire between the cherubim, and he lifted it and put it into the hands of the one clothed with linen. And he took it and went out.
8. And the form of a man’s hand was seen under the wings of the cherubim.
9. And I looked, and behold, the four wheels were beside the cherubim, one wheel was by one cherub, and another wheel by one cherub; and the wheels looked like the color of a beryl stone.
10. And their appearance was as one, the four of them, as if the wheel were in the midst of the wheel.
11. When they went, they went on their four sides. They did not turn as they went, but in the direction the head was facing they followed. They did not turn as they went.
12. And their whole bodies, and their backs, and their hands, and their wings, and the wheels were full of eyes all around, even their wheels that the four of them had.
13. As for the wheels, it was called to them in my hearing, “O whirling wheel!”
14. And each one had four faces. The first face was the face of a cherub, and the second face was the face of a man, and the third the face of a lion, and the fourth the face of an eagle.
15. And the cherubim rose up. This is the living creature that I saw by the river of Chebar.
16. And when the cherubim went, the wheels went beside them; and when the cherubim lifted their wings to soar from the earth, the wheels did not turn from beside them.
17. When they stood still, these stood still, and when they rose up, these lifted up. For the spirit of the living creatures was in them.
18. And the glory of the LORD went from the threshold of the temple, and stood over the cherubim.
19. And the cherubim lifted up their wings and rose up from the earth in my sight. When they went out, the wheels also were beside them. And they stood at the door of the eastern gate of the LORD’S house. And the glory of the God of Israel was over them from above.
20. These were the living creatures that I saw under the God of Israel by the river Chebar, and I knew that they were cherubim.
21. Four, even four faces belonged to each one; and four wings to each one. And the form of a man’s hands was under their wings.
22. And the form of their faces was the same as the faces that I saw by the river Chebar, even their appearance. They each went straight forward.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved