1. And the Spirit lifted me up and brought me to the eastern gate of the LORD’S house, which faces eastward. And behold, twenty-five men were at the opening of the gate; among whom I saw Jaazaniah the son of Azzur, and Pelatiah the son of Benaiah, princes of the people.
2. And He said to me, “Son of man, these are the men who plot evil and give wicked advice in this city;
3. Who say, ‘The time is not near to build houses; this city is the caldron, and we are the flesh.’
4. Therefore prophesy against them. Prophesy, O son of man!
5. And the Spirit of the LORD fell upon me, and said to me, “Speak, ‘Thus says the LORD, “Thus you have said, O house of Israel, for I Myself know the things that come into your mind, every one of them.
6. You have multiplied your slain in this city, and you have filled its streets with the slain.”
7. Therefore thus says the Lord GOD, “Your slain whom you have laid in her midst, they are the flesh, and this city is the caldron. But I will bring you out of her midst.
8. You have feared the sword, and I will bring a sword upon you,” says the Lord GOD.
9. “And I will bring you out of her midst, and deliver you into the hands of strangers, and will execute judgments among you.
10. You shall fall by the sword. I will judge you unto the border of Israel, and you shall know that I am the LORD.
11. This city shall not be your caldron, nor shall you be the flesh in her midst. But I will judge you unto the border of Israel,
12. And you shall know that I am the LORD. For you have not walked in My statutes, nor have you executed My ordinances, but have done after the customs of the nations all around you.” ‘ ”
13. And it came to pass when I prophesied, Pelatiah the son of Benaiah died. And I fell on my face and cried out with a loud voice, and said, “Ah, Lord GOD! Will You make a full end of the remnant of Israel?”
14. Again the Word of the LORD came to me, saying,
15. “Son of man, your brethren, even your brethren, the men of your kindred, and all the house of Israel, of all that have heard the inhabitants of Jerusalem say to all of them, ‘Go far away from the LORD; this land is given to us for a possession.’
16. Therefore say, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD, “Though I have sent them far off among the nations, and though I scat- tered them among the countries, yet I will be to them as a little sanctuary in the countries where they have gone.” ‘
17. Therefore say, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD, “I will even gather you from the people and assemble you out of the countries where you were scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel.” ‘
18. And they shall come there, and they shall take away all its detestable things and all its abominations from it.
19. And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you. And I will remove the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them a heart of flesh,
20. So that they may walk in My statutes and keep My ordinances, and do them. And they shall be My people, and I will be their God.
21. And as to those whose heart is going after their detestable things, and also their heart is after their abominable idols, I will recompense their way upon their own heads,” says the Lord GOD.
22. And the cherubim lifted up their wings, and the wheels beside them. And the glory of the God of Israel was over them above.
23. And the glory of the LORD went up from the midst of the city and stood upon the mountain which is on the east side of the city.
24. And the Spirit lifted me up and brought me in a vision by the Spirit of God into Chaldea, to the exiles. And the vision that I had seen went up from me.
25. And I spoke to the exiles all the things that the LORD had shown me.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved