1. And the Word of the LORD came to me, saying,
2. “Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel who prophesy. And say to those who prophesy out of their own hearts, ‘Hear the Word of the LORD:
3. Thus says the Lord GOD, “Woe to the foolish prophets who follow their own spirit and have seen nothing!
4. O Israel, your prophets are like the foxes in the ruins.
5. You have not gone up into the breach, nor built the wall for the house of Israel, that it might stand in the battle in the day of the LORD.
6. They have seen vanity and lying divination, saying, ‘The LORD says.’ And the LORD has not sent them; but they hoped to confirm their word.
7. Did you not see a vain vision, and speak a lying divination? When you say, ‘The LORD says;’ although I have not spoken.”
8. Therefore thus says the Lord GOD, “Because you have spoken vanity and seen lies, therefore, behold, I am against you,” says the Lord GOD.
9. “And My hand shall be against the prophets who see vanity and who divine a lie. They shall not be in the assembly of My people, nor shall they be written in the writing of the house of Israel, nor shall they enter into the land of Israel. And you shall know that I am the Lord GOD.
10. Because, even because they have seduced My people, saying, ‘Peace;’ and there was no peace—and when anyone builds a weak wall they cover it with whitewash.
11. Say to those who cover it with whitewash, that it shall fall; there will be a flooding rain; and you, O great hailstones, shall fall, and a stormy wind will break forth.
12. And, behold, when the wall has fallen, shall it not be said to you, ‘Where is the whitewash with which you have covered it?’ ”
13. Therefore thus says the Lord GOD, “I will cause a stormy wind to break forth in My fury. And there shall be a flooding rain in My anger, and hailstones in fury to destroy it.
14. And I will break down the wall that you have covered with whitewash, and bring it down to the ground; yea, I will expose its foundation. And it shall fall, and you shall be destroyed in her midst; and you shall know that I am the LORD.
15. And I will fulfill My wrath on the wall and on those who covered it with whitewash. And I will say to you, ‘The wall is no more;’ and, ‘Those who whitewashed it are no more—that is,
16. The prophets of Israel who prophesy concerning Jerusalem, and who see visions of peace for her, when there is no peace,’ ” says the LORD.’
17. And likewise you, son of man, set your face against the daughters of your people, who prophesy out of their own hearts. And prophesy against them,
18. And say, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD, “Woe to the women who sew magic charms on their sleeves, and make long veils for the head of every woman of stature, to hunt souls! Will you hunt down the lives of My people but preserve your own?
19. And you have profaned Me among My people for handfuls of barley and for pieces of bread, to kill the souls that should not die; and to save alive the souls that should not live, by your lying to My people who listen to lies.”
20. Therefore thus says the Lord GOD, “Behold, I am against your armbands with which you are hunting the souls, as birds. And I will tear them from your arms, and I will set free the people whom you hunt as birds.
21. Also I will tear your long veils and deliver My people out of your hand, and they shall no more be in your hand to be hunted. And you shall know that I am the LORD.
22. Because with lies you have saddened the heart of the righteous, whom I have not made sad; and have made the hands of the wicked strong, so that he should not turn from his wicked way, that his life may be saved;
23. Therefore you shall see no more vanity, and you shall not divine any divination. And I will deliver My people out of your hands; and you shall know that I am the LORD.” ‘ ”
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved