1. And the Word of the LORD came to me, saying,
2. “Son of man, put forth a riddle and speak a parable to the house of Israel.
3. And say, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD, “A great eagle with great wings, long of pinion, full of feathers, who had different colors, came to Lebanon and took the highest branch of the cedar.
4. He plucked off the top of its young twigs and carried it into a land of traders. He set it in a city of merchants.
5. He also took of the seed of the land and planted it in a fruitful field. He placed it by abundant waters and set it as a willow tree.
6. And it grew and became a spreading low vine, whose branches turned toward him. But its roots remained under him. So it became a vine and brought out branches and shot out boughs.
7. There was also another great eagle with great wings and many feathers. And behold, this vine bent its roots toward him and shot out its branches toward him, from the beds where it was planted, that He might water it.
8. It was planted in a good soil by great majestic waters, that it might bring forth branches, and that it might bear fruit, to be a splendid vine.”
9. Say, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD, “Shall it prosper? Shall he not pull up its roots and cut off its fruit, and it withers? Even all its sprouting leaves shall wither, neither shall great power or much people be at hand when it is plucked up by its roots.
10. And behold, being planted, shall it prosper? Shall it not utterly wither when the east wind touches it? It shall wither in the furrows where it sprouted.” ‘ ”
11. And the Word of the LORD came to me, saying,
12. “Say now to the rebellious house, ‘Do you not know what these things mean?’ Tell them, ‘Behold, the king of Babylon has come to Jerusalem and has taken its king and its rulers, and brings them to himself to Babylon.
13. And he has taken of the king’s seed and has made a covenant with him, and has taken an oath from him. He has also taken the mighty of the land,
14. So that the kingdom might be low, that it might not lift itself up, but that by keeping his covenant it might stand.
15. But he rebelled against him in sending his ambassadors into Egypt, to give him horses and many people. Shall he be blessed? Shall he who does such things escape? Or shall he break the covenant and be delivered?
16. As I live,’ says the Lord GOD, ‘surely in the place of the king who made him king, whose oath he despised and whose covenant he broke, even with him in the midst of Babylon he shall die.
17. Neither shall Pharaoh with his mighty army and great company help him in the war, when they cast up mounds and build siege forts to cut off many persons.
18. And he has despised the oath by breaking the covenant. And, behold, he had given his hand, and has done all these, he shall not escape.’ ”
19. Therefore thus says the Lord GOD, “As I live, surely My oath that he has despised, and My covenant that he has broken, I will even repay it upon his own head.
20. And I will spread My net upon him, and he shall be taken in My snare, and I will bring him to Babylon, and I will judge him there for his sin which he has sinned against Me.
21. And all his fugitives with all his bands shall fall by the sword, and those who remain shall be scattered toward all winds. And you shall know that I the LORD have spoken it.”
22. Thus says the Lord GOD, “I, even I, will also take of the top of the highest cedar and will set it; I will crop off from the topmost of its young twigs a tender one, and will plant it on a high and lofty mountain.
23. In the mountain of the height of Israel, I will plant it. And it shall bring forth boughs, and bear fruit, and be a majestic cedar. And under it shall dwell birds of every kind; in the shadow of its branches they shall dwell.
24. And all the trees of the field shall know that I the LORD have brought down the high tree, have exalted the low tree, have dried up the green tree, and have made the dry tree to flourish. I the LORD have spoken it and have done it.”
HTothe highest branchH6788
HNcfscof the cedar.H730
He plucked offH6998
HNcmscof its young twigsH3242
HNcfpcHSp3msand carried itH935
HNpHe set itH7760
HVqp3msHSp3msin a cityH5892
He also tookH3947
HCHVqw3msof the seedH2233
HRHNcmscof the landH776
HTdHNcbsaand planted itH5414
HCHVqw3msHSp3msin a fruitfulH2233
HVqp3msHSp3msitas a willow tree.H6851
And it grewH6779
HRHSp3msBut its rootsH8328
HRHSp3msSo it becameH1961
HRHNcbsaand brought outH6213
HNcmpaand shot outH7971
HRHSp3msand shot outH7971
HRHSp3msfrom the bedsH6170
HRHNcfpcwhere it was planted,H4302
HNcmscHSp3fsthat He might waterH8248
HNcmpathat it might bring forthH6213
HNcmsaand that it might bearH5375
HNp"Shall it prosper?H6743
HVqi3fsShall he notH3808
HNcmscHSp3fsand it withers?H3001
HCHTnshall great powerH1419
HCHRHNcmsabe at handH2220
HToHSp3fsis plucked upH5375
HRHVqcby its roots.H8328
HVqsfsashall it prosper?H6743
HTiHVqi3fsShall it notH3808
HVqawhen the eastH6921
HRHSp3fsIt shall witherH3001
HTeto the rebelliousH4805
HRHNcmsc'Do you notH3808
HPdxcpthings mean?' Tell them,H559
HNpand has takenH3947
And he has takenH3947
HCHVqw3msof the king'sH4410
HRHNcmscand has madeH3772
HRHSp3msand has takenH935
HToHSp3msHe has alsoH853
HNcmpcof the land,H776
So that the kingdomH4467
HAafsathat it might notH1115
HRHClift itself up,H5375
HVtcbutthat by keepingH8104
HNcfscHSp3msit might stand.H5975
But he rebelledH4775
HCHNcmsaShall he be blessed?H6743
HTiHVqi3msShall he who doesH6213
HTiHVNi3msOr shall he breakH6565
HNcfsaand be delivered?H4422
HTnin the placeH4725
HRHNcmscof the kingH4428
HTdHNcmsawho made himH853
HVhp3mseven with himH854
HRHSp3msin the midstH8432
HNphe shall die.H4191
HNpwith his mightyH1419
HToHSp3msin the war,H4421
HRdHNcfsawhen they cast upH8210
HNcmsato cut offH3772
And he has despisedH959
HCHTmhe had givenH5414
HNcbscHSp3msand has doneH6213
HPdxcphe shall notH3808
HTrhe has despised,H959
HVqp3msand My covenantH1285
HTrhe has broken,H6331
HVhp3msI will even repay itH5414
HCHVqq1csHSp3msupon his own head.H7218
And I will spreadH6566
HRHSp3msand he shall be takenH8610
HCHVNq3msin My snare,H4686
HRHNcfscHSp1csand I will bring himH935
HNpHSdand I will judgeH8199
HDfor his sinH4603
HTrhe has sinnedH4604
HVqi3mpby the sword,H2719
HRdHNcfsaand those who remainH7604
HCHTdHVNrmpashall be scatteredH6566
HNcbsaAnd you shall knowH3045
HPp1csevenI, will also takeH3947
HCHVqq1csof the topH6788
HRHNcfscof the highestH7311
HTdHNcmsaand will setH5414
HPp1cswill crop offH6998
HVqi1csfrom the topmostH7218
HRHNcmscof its young twigsH3127
HNcfpcHSp3msa tender one,H7390
HAamsaand will plant itH8362
In the mountainH2022
HRHNcmscof the heightH4791
HNpI will plant it.H8362
HVqi1csHSp3msAnd it shall bring forthH5375
HRHNcmsaAnd under itH8478
HNcmscin the shadowH6738
HRHNcmscof its branchesH1808
HNcfpcHSp3msthey shall dwell.H7931
HNcmpcof the fieldH7704
HNphave brought downH8213
HNcmsahave dried upH3001
HNcmsaand have made the dryH3002
HVpp1csitand have done it."H6213
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved