1. And it came to pass in the eleventh year, on the first day of the month, the Word of the LORD came to me, saying,
2. “Son of man, because Tyre has said against Jerusalem, ‘Aha! She is shattered, that was the gate of the people, it has swung open to me; I shall be replenished; now that she is laid waste.’
3. Therefore thus says the Lord GOD, ‘Behold, I am against you, O Tyre, and will cause many nations to come up against you, as the sea causes its waves to come up.
4. And they shall destroy the walls of Tyre and break down her towers. I will also scrape her dust from off her and make her like a bare rock.
5. It shall be a place for the spreading of nets in the middle of the sea. For I have spoken it,’ says the Lord GOD. ‘And it shall become a spoil to the nations.
6. And her daughters who are in the field shall be killed by the sword; and they shall know that I am the LORD.’
7. For thus says the Lord GOD, ‘Behold, I will bring Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon upon Tyre, a king of kings from the north, with horses and with chariots and with a company of horsemen, and many people.
8. He shall kill your daughters with the sword in the field. And he shall make siege walls against you, and build up a siege mound against you, and lift up the shield against you.
9. And he shall set engines of war against your walls, and with his axes he shall break down your towers.
10. Because of his many horses, their dust shall cover you. Your walls shall shake at the sound of the horsemen, and of the wheels, and of the chariots, when he shall enter into your gates, as men enter a city that is breached.
11. With the hoofs of his horses he shall trample all your streets. He shall kill your people by the sword, and the pillars of your strength shall go down to the ground.
12. And they shall plunder your riches, and make a pillage of your merchandise. And they shall break down your walls and destroy your pleasant houses. And they shall lay your stones and your timber and your dust in the midst of the waters.
13. And I will cause the noise of your songs to cease; and the sound of your lyres shall be heard no more.
14. And I will make you like a bare rock. You shall be a place to spread nets on; you shall be built no more; for I the LORD have spoken,’ says the Lord GOD.
15. Thus says the Lord GOD to Tyre, ‘Shall not the isles shake at the sound of your fall, when the slain groan, when the slaughter is made in your midst?
16. And all the rulers of the sea shall come down from their thrones, and lay away their robes, and strip off their embroidered garments. They shall clothe themselves with trembling; they shall sit on the ground and tremble every moment, and be astonished at you.
17. And they shall take up a mourning for you, and say to you, “How are you destroyed who lived by the sea, the famous city which was strong in the sea, she and her people who caused their terror to be upon all who lived in it!
18. Now the isles shall tremble in the day of your fall; yea, the isles by the sea shall be troubled at your going.” ‘
19. For thus says the Lord GOD, ‘When I shall make you a desolate city, like the cities that have no inhabitants; when I shall bring up the deep upon you, and great waters shall cover you;
20. Then I shall bring you down with those who go down into the pit, with the people of old, and shall set you in the low parts of the earth, in places ruined in days of old, with those who go down to the pit, so that you have no inhabitants (but I establish glory in the land of the living).
21. I will give you terrors, and you will be no more. Though you are sought, yet you shall never be found forever’ says the Lord GOD.”
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved