1. The Word of the LORD came to me, saying,
2. “Son of man, set your face against the Ammonites and prophesy against them.
3. And say to the Ammonites, ‘Hear the Word of the Lord GOD. Thus says the Lord GOD, “Because you said, ‘Aha,’ against My sanctuary when it was profaned, and against the land of Israel when it was desolate, and against the house of Judah when they went into captivity;
4. Therefore, behold, I will give you to the men of the east for a possession. And they shall set their camp sites among you, and put their dwellings among you. They shall eat your fruit, and they shall drink your milk.
5. And I will make Rabbah a pasture for camels, and the Ammonites a crouching place for flocks. And you shall know that I am the LORD.”
6. For thus says the Lord GOD, “Because you have clapped your hands and stamped the foot, and rejoiced in heart with all your spite against the land of Israel;
7. Behold, therefore I will stretch out My hand upon you, and will give you as a spoil to the heathen. And I will cut you off from the people, and I will cause you to perish out of the countries. I will destroy you, and you shall know that I am the LORD.”
8. Thus says the Lord GOD, “Because Moab and Seir say, ‘Behold, the house of Judah is like all the heathen;’
9. Therefore, behold, I will open the side of Moab from the cities, from his cities, from his borders, the glory of the land, even Beth Jeshimoth, Baal Meon, and Kirjathaim,
10. To the men of the east with the Ammonites. And I will give them for a possession so that the Ammonites may not be remembered among the nations.
11. And I will execute judgments on Moab; and they shall know that I am the LORD.”
12. Thus says the Lord GOD, “Because Edom has dealt against the house of Judah by taking vengeance, and has greatly offended and revenged himself on them;”
13. Therefore thus says the Lord GOD, “I will also stretch out My hand on Edom, and will cut man and beast off from it; and I will make it a waste from Teman, even to Dedan they shall fall by the sword.
14. And I will lay My vengeance on Edom by the hand of My people Israel. And they shall do in Edom according to My anger and according to My fury. And they shall know My vengeance,” says the Lord GOD.
15. Thus says the Lord GOD, “Because the Philistines have taken vengeance; yes, have taken vengeance with spite in their heart, to destroy it with never ending hatred,”
16. Therefore thus says the Lord GOD, “Behold, I will stretch out My hand on the Philistines, and I will cut off the Cherethites, and will destroy the rest of the sea coast.
17. And I will execute great vengeance on them with rebukes; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay My vengeance upon them.” ’ ”
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved