1. And in the ninth year, in the tenth month, on the tenth day of the month, the Word of the LORD came to me, saying,
2. “Son of man, write for yourself the name of the day, even of this same day; for the king of Babylon has set himself against Jerusalem this same day.
3. And speak a parable to the rebellious house, and say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD, “Set up a pot; set it up, and also pour water into it.
4. Gather its pieces into it, even every good piece, the thigh, and the shoulder. Fill it with the choice bones.
5. Take the choice of the flock, and also burn the bones under it; make it boil well, and let them boil its bones in it.”
6. ‘Wherefore thus says the Lord GOD, “Woe to the bloody city, to the pot whose scum is in it, and whose scum has not gone out of it! Bring it out, piece by piece; without casting lots for them.
7. For her blood is in her midst; she set it upon the top of a rock. She did not pour it on the ground, to cover it with dust,
8. That it might cause fury to come up to take vengeance. I have set her blood on top of a shining rock, that it should not be covered.”
9. Therefore thus says the Lord GOD, “Woe to the bloody city! I will even heap greatly on the pile for fire.
10. And heap on the wood, kindle the fire, consume the flesh, and mix in the spice, and let the bones be burned.
11. Then set it empty on its coals, so that its bronze may be hot and may glow, and that its uncleanness may be melted in it, that the scum of it may be burned away.
12. She has frustrated all efforts; her heave deposit has not been removed, not even by fire.
13. In your defilement is lewdness. Because I tried to purge you, but you would not be purged of your impurity, you shall not be purged from your defilement any more, until I have caused My fury to rest on you.
14. I the LORD have spoken it. It shall come to pass and I will do it. I will not hold back, nor will I spare, nor will I repent. According to your ways, and according to your doings, they shall judge you,” says the Lord GOD.
15. And the Word of the LORD came to me, saying,
16. “Son of man, behold, I take away from you the desire of your eyes with a stroke. Yet neither shall you mourn nor weep, nor shall your tears run down.
17. Groan but be silent; make no mourning for the dead; tie your turban on you, and put your sandals on your feet, and do not cover your lips, and do not eat the bread of men.”
18. So I spoke to the people in the morning. And in the evening my wife died, and I did in the morning as I was commanded.
19. And the people said to me, “Will you not tell us what these things mean to us, that you do so?”
20. And I answered them, “The Word of the LORD came to me, saying,
21. ‘Speak to the house of Israel. “Thus says the Lord GOD, ‘Behold, I will profane My sanctuary, the pride of your power, the delight of your eyes, and that in which your soul delights. And your sons and your daughters whom you have left shall fall by the sword.
22. And you shall do as I have done. You shall not cover your lips nor eat the bread of men.
23. And your turbans shall be on your heads, and your sandals on your feet. You shall not mourn nor weep; but you shall rot away for your iniquities and mourn to one another.
24. Thus Ezekiel is a sign to you. According to all that he has done, you shall do. And when this comes, you shall know that I am the Lord GOD.’ ”
25. ‘Also, son of man, will it not be in the day when I take from them their strength, the joy of their glory, the desire of their eyes, and that on which they set their minds, their sons and their daughters,
26. That he who escapes in that day shall come to you to cause you to hear it with your ears?
27. In that day your mouth shall be open to him who has escaped, and you shall speak and be no more dumb. And you shall be a sign to them, and they shall know that I am the LORD.’ ”
And in the ninthH8671
HRdHNcfsain the tenthH6218
HRdHNcmsaon the tenthH6224
HTdHAomsaday of the month,H2320
HNcmscof the LORDH3068
HNcmscof the day,H3117
HToeven of thisH2088
HTdHNcmsafor the kingH4428
HTdHNcbsaset it up,H8239
HNcfsaand the shoulder.H3802
HVpv2msit withthe choiceH4005
HNcmscof the flock,H6629
HRHSp3fsmake it boilH7570
HTjto the bloodyH1818
HNcfscto the potH5518
HRHSp3fsand whose scumH2457
HRHSp3fsBring it out,H3318
HVqp3msin her midst;H8432
HRHNcmscHSp3fsshe set itH7760
HNcmscof a rock.H5553
HNcmsaShe did notH3808
That it might cause furyH2534
HNcfsato come upH5927
HNcmsaI have setH5414
HNcmscof a shining rock,H5553
HNcmsathat it should notH1115
HTjto the bloodyH1818
HVhi1cson the pileH4071
HVhv2mson the wood,H6086
HTdHNcmsaand mix inH7543
HTdHNcfsaand let the bonesH6106
HNcfscHSp3fsmay be hotH3179
HVqi3fsand may glow,H2787
HCHVqq3fsand that its uncleannessH2932
HNcfscHSp3fsmay be meltedH5413
HRHNcmscHSp3fsthatthe scum of itH2457
HNcfscHSp3fsmay be burned away.H8552
In your defilementH2932
HCI tried to purge you,H2891
HVpp1csHSp2fsbut you would notH3808
HVqp2fsof your impurity,H2932
HRHNcfscHSp2fsyou shall notH3808
HVqi2fsfrom your defilement any more,H5750
HToI have caused My furyH2534
HVpp1csit. It shall come to passH935
HVqrfsaand I will doH6213
HCHVqq1csit. I will notH3808
HCHTnwill I spare,H2347
HCHTnwill I repent.H5162
HVNi1csAccording to your ways,H1870
HRHNcbpcHSp2fsand according to your doings,H5949
HCHRHNcfpcHSp2fsthey shall judge you,"H8199
HNcmscof your eyesH5869
HNcbdcHSp2mswith a stroke.H4046
HCHTnshall you mournH5594
HCHTnshall your tearsH1832
HCHNcfpcHSp2mson your feet,H7272
HRHNcfdcHSp2msand do notH3808
HNcmsaand do notH3808
So I spokeH1696
HTdHNcmsain the morning.H1242
HRdHNcmsaAnd in the eveningH6153
HCHVqw3fsand I didH6213
HCHVqw1csin the morningH1242
HRHTrI was commanded.H6680
And the peopleH5971
HRHSp1cs"Will you notH3808
HPdxcpthings meanto us,Hl
HVqv2msto the houseH1004
HNcmscof your power,H5797
HNcmscof your eyes,H5869
HNcbdcHSp2mpand that in which your soulH5315
HCHNcmscAnd your sonsH1121
HCHNcmpcHSp2mpand your daughtersH1323
HTryou have leftH5800
HVqi3mpby the sword.H2719
And your turbansH6287
HNcmpcHSp2mpand your sandalsH5275
HCHNcfpcHSp2mpon your feet.H7272
HRHNcfdcHSp2mpYou shall notH3808
HVqi2mpbut you shall rot awayH4743
HCHVNq2mpfor your iniquitiesH5771
HRHSp2mpAccording to allH3605
HTrhe has done,H6213
HVqp3msyou shall do.H6213
HVqi2mpAnd when this comes,H935
HRHVqcHSp3fsyou shall knowH3045
HTiHTnbein the dayH3117
HNcmscof their glory,H8597
HNcmscof their eyes,H5869
HCHTothat on which they setH4853
HNcmpcHSp3mpand their daughters,H1323
HNcmscHSp2msshall be openH6605
HToto him who has escaped,H6412
HTdHNcmsaand you shall speakH1696
HCHVpi2msand be noH3808
HVNi2msAnd you shall beH1961
HRHSp3mpand they shall knowH3045
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved