1. And in the ninth year, in the tenth month, on the tenth day of the month, the Word of the LORD came to me, saying,
2. “Son of man, write for yourself the name of the day, even of this same day; for the king of Babylon has set himself against Jerusalem this same day.
3. And speak a parable to the rebellious house, and say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD, “Set up a pot; set it up, and also pour water into it.
4. Gather its pieces into it, even every good piece, the thigh, and the shoulder. Fill it with the choice bones.
5. Take the choice of the flock, and also burn the bones under it; make it boil well, and let them boil its bones in it.”
6. ‘Wherefore thus says the Lord GOD, “Woe to the bloody city, to the pot whose scum is in it, and whose scum has not gone out of it! Bring it out, piece by piece; without casting lots for them.
7. For her blood is in her midst; she set it upon the top of a rock. She did not pour it on the ground, to cover it with dust,
8. That it might cause fury to come up to take vengeance. I have set her blood on top of a shining rock, that it should not be covered.”
9. Therefore thus says the Lord GOD, “Woe to the bloody city! I will even heap greatly on the pile for fire.
10. And heap on the wood, kindle the fire, consume the flesh, and mix in the spice, and let the bones be burned.
11. Then set it empty on its coals, so that its bronze may be hot and may glow, and that its uncleanness may be melted in it, that the scum of it may be burned away.
12. She has frustrated all efforts; her heave deposit has not been removed, not even by fire.
13. In your defilement is lewdness. Because I tried to purge you, but you would not be purged of your impurity, you shall not be purged from your defilement any more, until I have caused My fury to rest on you.
14. I the LORD have spoken it. It shall come to pass and I will do it. I will not hold back, nor will I spare, nor will I repent. According to your ways, and according to your doings, they shall judge you,” says the Lord GOD.
15. And the Word of the LORD came to me, saying,
16. “Son of man, behold, I take away from you the desire of your eyes with a stroke. Yet neither shall you mourn nor weep, nor shall your tears run down.
17. Groan but be silent; make no mourning for the dead; tie your turban on you, and put your sandals on your feet, and do not cover your lips, and do not eat the bread of men.”
18. So I spoke to the people in the morning. And in the evening my wife died, and I did in the morning as I was commanded.
19. And the people said to me, “Will you not tell us what these things mean to us, that you do so?”
20. And I answered them, “The Word of the LORD came to me, saying,
21. ‘Speak to the house of Israel. “Thus says the Lord GOD, ‘Behold, I will profane My sanctuary, the pride of your power, the delight of your eyes, and that in which your soul delights. And your sons and your daughters whom you have left shall fall by the sword.
22. And you shall do as I have done. You shall not cover your lips nor eat the bread of men.
23. And your turbans shall be on your heads, and your sandals on your feet. You shall not mourn nor weep; but you shall rot away for your iniquities and mourn to one another.
24. Thus Ezekiel is a sign to you. According to all that he has done, you shall do. And when this comes, you shall know that I am the Lord GOD.’ ”
25. ‘Also, son of man, will it not be in the day when I take from them their strength, the joy of their glory, the desire of their eyes, and that on which they set their minds, their sons and their daughters,
26. That he who escapes in that day shall come to you to cause you to hear it with your ears?
27. In that day your mouth shall be open to him who has escaped, and you shall speak and be no more dumb. And you shall be a sign to them, and they shall know that I am the LORD.’ ”
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved