1. The Word of the LORD came again to me,
2. “Son of man, there were two women, the daughters of one mother.
3. And they committed whoredoms in Egypt; they whored in their youth, their breasts were handled, and there their virgin nipples were fondled.
4. And their names were Oholah, the oldest, and Oholibah, her sister. And they were Mine, and they bore sons and daughters. And their names: Samaria is Oholah, and Jerusalem is Oholibah.
5. And Oholah whored when she was Mine. And she lusted after her lovers, her Assyrian neighbors,
6. They were clothed with purple, even their governors and rulers, all of them desirable young men, horsemen riding upon horses.
7. Thus she bestowed her whoredoms on them, the choice sons of Assyria; with all of them, and with all whom she lusted after; she defiled herself with all their idols.
8. Neither did she leave her whoredoms brought from Egypt. For in her youth they lay with her, and they fondled her virgin nipples, and poured their lust upon her.
9. Therefore I have given her into the hand of her lovers, into the hand of the Assyrians after whom she lusted.
10. They uncovered her nakedness. They took her sons and her daughters and killed her with the sword. And she became a byword among women, and they executed judgment on her.
11. And her sister Oholibah saw this, yet she was more corrupt in her lustfulness than she, and her whoredoms were greater than her sister’s whoredoms.
12. She lusted after the Assyrians her neighbors, their governors and rulers, clothed most gorgeously; horsemen riding upon horses, all of them desirable young men.
13. And I saw that she too was defiled— in the same way, both of them.
14. And she increased her whoredoms. And she saw men carved on the wall which were images of the Chaldeans engraved with vermilion,
15. Girded with belts on their loins, with flowing turbans on their heads, all of them looking like captains, like the sons of Babylon in Chaldea, the land of their birth.
16. And as soon as she saw them she lusted after them with her eyes, and sent messengers to them into Chaldea.
17. And the Babylonians came to her into the bed of love, and they defiled her with their whoredom. And when she was defiled by them, she turned herself from them in disgust.
18. So she uncovered her whoredoms and uncovered her nakedness; then My soul was alienated from her just as My soul was alienated from her sister.
19. Yet she multiplied her whoredoms to recall the days of her youth, in which she had played the harlot in the land of Egypt.
20. And she lusted after her lovers, whose flesh is like the flesh of donkeys and whose issue is like the issue of horses.
21. Thus you longed for the wickedness of your youth, when the Egyptians fondled your nipples, for the sake of your youthful breasts.
22. Therefore, O Oholibah, thus says the Lord GOD, ‘Behold, I will raise up your lovers against you, from whom your soul is alienated; and I will bring them against you from all around;
23. The Babylonians, and all the Chaldeans, Pekod, and Shoa, and Koa, and all the Assyrians with them; all of them desirable young men, governors and rulers, all of them, great lords and renowned; all of them riding upon horses.
24. And they shall come against you with weapons, chariots, and wheels, and with an assembly of people; buckler and shield and helmet shall they set against you all around. And I will commit the judgment to them, and they shall judge you by their judgments.
25. And I will direct My jealous anger against you, and they shall deal with you in fury. They shall cut off your nose and your ears, and the survivors shall fall by the sword. They shall take away your sons and your daughters, and the rest of you shall be devoured by the fire.
26. They shall also strip you of your clothes and take away your beautiful jewels.
27. So I will make your wickedness to cease from you, and your whoredom from the land of Egypt. And you shall not lift up your eyes to them, nor shall you remember Egypt any more.’ ”
28. For thus says the Lord GOD, “Behold, I will give you into the hand of those who you hate, into the hand of those from whom your soul was alienated.
29. And they shall deal with you in hatred, and shall take away all your labor, and shall leave you naked and bare. And the nakedness of your whoredoms shall be uncovered, both your lewdness and your whoredoms.
30. These things will be done to you because you have whored after the nations, and because you are defiled with their idols.
31. You have walked in the way of your sister; therefore I will give her cup into your hand.”
32. Thus says the Lord GOD, “You shall drink of your sister’s cup deep and large; you shall be laughed to scorn and mocked; for it contains much.
33. In drunkenness and sorrow you are filled, the cup of astonishment and desolation with the cup of your sister Samaria.
34. You shall even drink it and empty it. And you shall break it into pieces, and tear at your own breasts. For I have spoken it,” says the Lord GOD.
35. Therefore, thus says the Lord GOD, “Because you have forgotten Me and cast Me behind your back, therefore you shall also bear your own lewdness and your adulteries.”
36. And the LORD said to me, “Son of man, will you judge Oholah and Oholibah, and declare to them their abominations,
37. That they have committed adultery, and blood is on their hands? And they have committed adultery with their idols and have also caused their sons whom they bore to Me to pass through the fire to them, to devour them.
38. And moreover they have also done this to Me: They have defiled My sanctuary in that day, and have profaned My Sabbaths.
39. And when they had slain their children to their idols, then they came into My sanctuary the same day to profane it. And lo, thus have they done in the midst of My house.
40. And they have even sent for men to come from far, to whom a messenger was sent. And lo, they came. You washed yourself for them, painted your eyes, and adorned yourself with ornaments,
41. And sat on a stately bed with a table prepared before it, on which you set My incense and My oil.
42. And the sound of a carefree crowd was with her; and drunkards from the wilderness were brought with the men from the rabble of mankind; and they put bracelets on their hands, and beautiful crowns upon their heads.
43. And I said about the one who was worn with adulteries, ‘Let them use her as a prostitute, for that is what she is.’
44. And they went in to her, as they go in to a woman of harlotry; so they went into Oholah and to Oholibah, the lewd women.
45. But righteous men shall judge them with the judgment of adulteresses, and the judgment of women who shed blood; because they are adulteresses, and blood is on their hands.
46. For thus says the Lord GOD, ‘I will bring up a company against them, and give them over to terror and plunder.
47. And the company shall stone them with stones, and cut them down with their swords. They shall kill their sons and their daughters, and burn up their houses with fire.
48. Thus I will cause lewdness to cease out of the land, that all women may be taught, not to go after your lewdness.
49. And they shall recompense your lewdness upon you, and you shall bear the sins of your idols. And you shall know that I am the Lord GOD.’ ”
And they committed whoredomsH2181
HDHSdin their youth,H5271
And their namesH8034
HNcfscHSp3fsAnd they wereH1961
HRHSp1csand they boreH3205
HCHNcfpaAnd their names:H8034
They were clothedH3847
HNcmscHSp3mpof them desirableH2531
Thus she bestowedH5414
HNpwithall of them,H3605
HNcmscHSp3mpand with allH3605
HVqp3fsafter; she defiled herselfH2930
HTndid she leaveH5800
HNcfpcHSp3fsbrought from Egypt.H4714
HCin her youthH5271
HRHDI have given herH5414
HVqp1csHSp3fsinto the handH3027
HRHNcbscof her lovers,H157
HVprmpcHSp3fsinto the handH3027
HRHNcbscof the AssyriansH1121
HNcmpcHSp3fsand her daughtersH1323
HVqp3cpher with the sword.H2719
HRdHNcfsaAnd she becameH1961
HRdHNcfpaand they executedH6213
And her sisterH269
HCHVqw3fsyetshe was more corruptH7843
HCHVhw3fsin her lustfulnessH5691
HNcfpcHSp3fswere greater than her sister'sH269
HNcmpaall of themH3605
And she increasedH3254
HNcfpcHSp3fsAnd she sawH7200
HTdHNcmsawhich were imagesH6754
HNcmpcof the ChaldeansH3778
HNcmsaon their loins,H4975
HNcmpaon their heads,H7218
HRHNcmpcHSp3mpall of themH3605
HNcmpalike the sonsH1121
HNcbscof their birth.H4138
And as soon as she sawH4758
HRHNcmscthem she lustedH5689
HRHSp3mpwith her eyes,H5869
And the BabyloniansH1121
HRHSp3fsinto the bedH4904
HNcmpaand they defiledH2930
HToHSp3fswith their whoredom.H8457
HRHNcfscHSp3mpAnd when she was defiledH2930
HRHSp3mpshe turned herselfH5315
So she uncoveredH1540
HNcfscHSp3fsthen My soulH5315
Yet she multipliedH7235
HNcmpcof her youth,H5271
HTrshe had played the harlotH2181
HVqp3fsin the landH776
And she lustedH5689
HNcmscis like the fleshH1320
HNcbpaand whose issueH2231
HCHNcfscis likethe issueH2231
Thus you longedH6485
HTofor the wickednessH2154
HNcfscof your youth,H5271
HNcbpcHSp2fswhen the EgyptiansH4714
HNcmdcHSp2fsfor the sakeH4616
HRof your youthfulH5271
HTmHSp1cswill raise upH5782
HVqp3fsand I will bring themH935
HRHSp2fsfrom all around;H5439
HToHSp3mpall of them desirableH2531
HCHNcmpaall of them,H3605
HCHVqsmpaall of themH3605
And they shall comeH935
HCHNcmsaand with an assemblyH6951
HCHNcmsashall they setH7760
HNcbsaAnd I will commitH5414
HRHNcbpcHSp3mpand they shall judge youH8199
HCHVqq3cpHSp2fsby their judgments.H4941
And I will directH5414
HCHVqq1csMy jealous angerH7068
HRHSp2fsand they shall dealH6213
HRHNcfsaThey shall cut offH5493
HNcmscHSp2fsand your ears,H241
HCHNcfdcHSp2fsand the survivorsH319
HVqi3fsby the sword.H2719
HPp3mpshall take awayH3947
HNcmpcHSp2fsand your daughters,H1323
HCHNcfpcHSp2fsand the rest of youH319
HCHNcfscHSp2fsshall be devouredH398
HVNi3fsby the fire.H784
So I will make your wickednessH2154
HNcfscHSp2fsfrom the landH776
HNpAnd you shall notH3808
HTnshall you rememberH2142
HTmHSp1cswill give youH5414
HVqrmscHSp2fsinto the handH3027
HRHNcbscof those whoH834
HVqp2fsinto the handH3027
And they shall dealH6213
HRHNcfsaand shall take awayH3947
HNcmscHSp2fsand shall leave youH5800
HCHNcfsaAnd the nakednessH6172
HNcfscof your whoredomsH2183
HNcmpcHSp2fsshall be uncovered,H1540
HCHVNq3msboth your lewdnessH2154
HCHNcfscHSp2fsand your whoredoms.H8457
HPdxcpthingswill be doneH6213
HRHSp2fsbecause you have whoredH2181
HTryou are defiledH2930
HVNp2fswith their idols.H1544
HNp"You shall drinkH8354
HVqi2fsof your sister'sH269
HCHTdHAafsayou shall beH1961
HVqi3fslaughed to scornH6712
HCHRHNcmsafor it containsH3557
HCHNcmsayou are filled,H4390
HCHNcfsawith the cupH3563
HNcfscof your sisterH269
You shall even drinkH8354
HCHToyou shall breakH1633
HVpi2fsit into pieces,H2789
HVpi2fsat your own breasts.H7699
HCyou have forgottenH7911
HVqv2fsyour own lewdnessH2154
And the LORDH3068
HNcmsawill you judgeH8199
HCthey have committed adultery,H5003
HCHNcmsaison their hands?H3027
HRHNcbdcHSp3fpAnd they have committed adulteryH5003
HNcmpcHSp3fpand have alsoH1571
HTocaused their sonsH1121
HRHSp1csto pass throughH5674
HVhp3cpthe fire to them,Hl
HDthey have also doneH6213
HRHSp1csThey have defiledH2930
And when they had slainH7819
HNcmpcHSp3mpto their idols,H1544
HRHNcmpcHSp3mpthen they cameH935
HRdHNcmsato profane it.H2490
HDhave they doneH6213
HVqp3cpin the midstH8432
HRHNcmscof My house.H1004
HCHDthey have evenH3588
HVqp2fsyourself for them,H834
HNcbdcHSp2fsand adorned yourselfH5710
HNcfsawith a tableH7979
HRHSp3fswhich you setH7760
HCHNcfscHSp1csand My oil.H8081
And the soundH6963
HCHNcmsaof a carefreeH7961
HNcmsawas with her;Hb
HNcmpafrom the wildernessH4057
HNcmpafrom the rabbleH7230
HNcmsaand they putH5414
And they went inH935
HRHSp3fsas they go inH935
HVqrfpaand the judgmentH4941
HCHNcmscof women who shedH8210
HCHNcmsaison their hands.H3027
HNp'I will bring upH5927
HToHSp3fpover to terrorH2189
And the companyH6951
HNcfsaand cut themH853
HCHVpawith their swords.H2719
HRHNcfpcHSp3mpThey shall killH2026
HNcmpcHSp3mpand their daughters,H1323
HCHNcfpcHSp3mpand burn upH8313
Thus I will cause lewdnessH2154
HTdHNcfpamay be taught,H3256
HVqi3fpafter your lewdness.H2154
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved