1. And the Word of the LORD came to me, saying,
2. “Son of man, prophesy and say, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD, “Howl, ‘Woe is the day!’
3. For the day is near, even the day of the LORD is near, a day of clouds. It shall be the time of the nations.
4. And the sword shall come upon Egypt, and great pain shall be in Ethiopia, when the slain shall fall in Egypt, and they shall take away her wealth, and her foundations shall be broken down.
5. Ethiopia, and Libya, and Lydia, and all the mixed people; and Chub, and the men of the land who are in covenant with them shall fall by the sword.”
6. Thus says the LORD, “Those who uphold Egypt shall also fall, and the pride of her power shall come down. From Migdol to Syene they shall fall in it by the sword,” says the Lord GOD.
7. “And they shall be desolate in the midst of the countries that are desolate, and her cities shall be in the midst of the cities that are laid waste.
8. And they shall know that I am the LORD, when I have set a fire in Egypt and when all her helpers shall be destroyed.
9. In that day messengers shall go out from Me in ships to terrify the confident Ethiopians, and anguish shall be upon them, as in the day of Egypt; for lo, it is coming.”
10. Thus says the Lord GOD, “I will also make the multitude of Egypt to cease by the hand of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon.
11. He and his people with them, the most ruthless of the nations, shall be brought to destroy the land. And they shall draw their swords against Egypt, and fill the land with the slain.
12. And I will make the rivers dry, and sell the land into the hand of the wicked. And I will waste the land, and her fullness, by the hand of strangers. I the LORD have spoken.”
13. Thus says the Lord GOD, “I will also destroy the idols, and I will cause their images to cease out of Noph. And there shall no more be a prince of the land in Egypt; and I will put a fear in the land of Egypt.
14. And I will make Pathros a ruin, and will set fire in Zoan, and will execute judgments in No.
15. And I will pour My fury upon Sin, the strength of Egypt. And I will cut off the multitude of No.
16. And I will set fire in Egypt; Sin shall be in great convulsion, and No shall be torn asunder, and Noph shall have daily woes.
17. The young men of Aven and of Pi Beseth shall fall by the sword; and these cities shall go into exile.
18. And at Tehaphnehes also the day shall be held back, when I shatter the yokes of Egypt there. And the pride of her strength shall cease in her; as for her, a cloud shall cover her, and her daughters shall go into exile.
19. Thus I will execute judgments in Egypt; and they shall know that I am the LORD.” ’ ”
20. And it came to pass in the eleventh year, in the first month, on the seventh day of the month, the Word of the LORD came to me, saying,
21. “Son of man, I have broken the arm of Pharaoh king of Egypt. And lo, it shall not be bound up to give healing, nor will a bandage be put on to bind it, to make it strong to hold the sword.
22. Therefore thus says the Lord GOD, ‘Behold, I am against Pharaoh king of Egypt, and will break his arms, the strong one and the broken one. And I will cause the sword to fall out of his hand.
23. And I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations, and will scatter them throughout the countries.
24. And I will strengthen the arms of the king of Babylon, and put My sword in his hand. But I will break Pharaoh’s arms, and he shall groan before him with the groanings of one who is mortally wounded.
25. But I will strengthen the arms of the king of Babylon, and the arms of Pharaoh shall fall. And they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall put My sword into the hand of the king of Babylon, and he shall stretch it upon the land of Egypt.
26. And I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations, and scatter them among the countries. And they shall know that I am the LORD.’ ”
HAamsaeven the dayH3117
HNcmsaof the LORDH3068
HNcmsaIt shall beH1961
HNcbscof the nations.H1471
And the swordH2719
HRHNpand great painH2479
HRHNpwhen the slainH2491
HRHNpand they shall take awayH3947
HNcmscHSp3fsand her foundationsH3247
HNcmpcHSp3fsshall be broken down.H2040
HCHNcmscthe mixed people;H6154
HCHNpand the menH1121
HCHNcmpcof the landH776
HNcbscwho are incovenantH1285
HVqi3mpby the sword."H2719
HNp"Those who upholdH5564
HNpshall also fall,H5307
HCHVqq3cpand the prideH1347
HNcmscof her powerH5797
HNcmscHSp3fsshall come down.H3381
HNpthey shall fallH5307
HRHSp3fsby the sword,"H2719
"And they shall be desolateH8074
HCHVNq3cpin the midstH8432
HRHNcmscof the countriesH776
HNcbpathat are desolate,H8074
HVNrfpaand her citiesH5892
HVqi3fpin the midstH8432
HRHNcmscof the citiesH5892
HNcfpathat are laid waste.H2717
And they shall knowH3045
HNpwhen I have setH5414
HRHNpand when allH3605
HVqrmpcHSp3fsshall be destroyed.H7665
HNcmpashall go outH3318
HRHSp3mpas in the dayH3117
HTmit is coming."H935
HTo"I will also make the multitudeH1995
HCHVhq1csby the handH3027
HPp3msand his peopleH5971
HRHSp3msthe most ruthlessH6184
HAampcof the nations,H1471
HNcmpashall be broughtH935
HTdHNcbsaAnd they shall drawH7324
And I will makeH5414
HTdHNcbsainto the handH3027
HRHNcbscof the wicked.H7451
HAampaAnd I will wasteH8074
HNcbsaand her fullness,H4393
HCHNcmscHSp3fsby the handH3027
HNp"I will also destroyH6
HNcmpaand I will cause their imagesH457
HCHVhq1csout of Noph.H5297
HRHNpAnd there shall noH3808
HCHNcmsaof the landH776
HNpand I will putH5414
HNcfsain the landH776
And I will setH5414
HNpshall be in greatH2342
And at TehaphnehesH8471
HCHRHNpalso the dayH3117
HTdHNcmsashall be held back,H2821
HVqp3mswhen I shatterH7665
HDAnd the prideH1347
HNcmscof her strengthH5797
HRHSp3fsas for her,H1931
HNcmsashall cover her,H3680
HVpi3msHSp3fsand her daughtersH1323
And it came to passH1961
HCHVqw3msin the eleventhH259
HNcfsain the firstH7223
HRdHAamsamonth, on the seventhH7651
HRHAcmsaday of the month,H2320
HNcmscof the LORDH3068
HNcmsaI have brokenH7665
HCHTmit shall notH3808
HTnbe bound upH2280
HNcfpanor will a bandageH2848
HRHVqcon to bind it,H2280
HRHVqcHSp3fsto make it strongH2388
HNpand will breakH7665
HTothe strong oneH2389
HCHTothe broken one.H7665
HToAnd I will cause the swordH2719
HCHVhq1csout of his hand.H3027
And I will strengthenH2388
HNcbpcof the kingH4428
HNcfscHSp1csin his hand.H3027
HRHNcbscHSp3msBut I will breakH7665
HNcbpcand he shall groanH5008
HRHNcbpcHSp3mswith the groaningsH5009
HNcfpcof one who is mortally wounded.H2491
But I will strengthenH2388
HNcbpcof the kingH4428
HNpand the armsH2220
HVqi3fpAnd they shall knowH3045
HNpwhen I shall putH5414
HNcfscHSp1csinto the handH3027
HRHNcbscof the kingH4428
HNpand he shall stretchH5186
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved