1. And the Word of the LORD came to me, saying,
2. “Son of man, prophesy and say, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD, “Howl, ‘Woe is the day!’
3. For the day is near, even the day of the LORD is near, a day of clouds. It shall be the time of the nations.
4. And the sword shall come upon Egypt, and great pain shall be in Ethiopia, when the slain shall fall in Egypt, and they shall take away her wealth, and her foundations shall be broken down.
5. Ethiopia, and Libya, and Lydia, and all the mixed people; and Chub, and the men of the land who are in covenant with them shall fall by the sword.”
6. Thus says the LORD, “Those who uphold Egypt shall also fall, and the pride of her power shall come down. From Migdol to Syene they shall fall in it by the sword,” says the Lord GOD.
7. “And they shall be desolate in the midst of the countries that are desolate, and her cities shall be in the midst of the cities that are laid waste.
8. And they shall know that I am the LORD, when I have set a fire in Egypt and when all her helpers shall be destroyed.
9. In that day messengers shall go out from Me in ships to terrify the confident Ethiopians, and anguish shall be upon them, as in the day of Egypt; for lo, it is coming.”
10. Thus says the Lord GOD, “I will also make the multitude of Egypt to cease by the hand of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon.
11. He and his people with them, the most ruthless of the nations, shall be brought to destroy the land. And they shall draw their swords against Egypt, and fill the land with the slain.
12. And I will make the rivers dry, and sell the land into the hand of the wicked. And I will waste the land, and her fullness, by the hand of strangers. I the LORD have spoken.”
13. Thus says the Lord GOD, “I will also destroy the idols, and I will cause their images to cease out of Noph. And there shall no more be a prince of the land in Egypt; and I will put a fear in the land of Egypt.
14. And I will make Pathros a ruin, and will set fire in Zoan, and will execute judgments in No.
15. And I will pour My fury upon Sin, the strength of Egypt. And I will cut off the multitude of No.
16. And I will set fire in Egypt; Sin shall be in great convulsion, and No shall be torn asunder, and Noph shall have daily woes.
17. The young men of Aven and of Pi Beseth shall fall by the sword; and these cities shall go into exile.
18. And at Tehaphnehes also the day shall be held back, when I shatter the yokes of Egypt there. And the pride of her strength shall cease in her; as for her, a cloud shall cover her, and her daughters shall go into exile.
19. Thus I will execute judgments in Egypt; and they shall know that I am the LORD.” ’ ”
20. And it came to pass in the eleventh year, in the first month, on the seventh day of the month, the Word of the LORD came to me, saying,
21. “Son of man, I have broken the arm of Pharaoh king of Egypt. And lo, it shall not be bound up to give healing, nor will a bandage be put on to bind it, to make it strong to hold the sword.
22. Therefore thus says the Lord GOD, ‘Behold, I am against Pharaoh king of Egypt, and will break his arms, the strong one and the broken one. And I will cause the sword to fall out of his hand.
23. And I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations, and will scatter them throughout the countries.
24. And I will strengthen the arms of the king of Babylon, and put My sword in his hand. But I will break Pharaoh’s arms, and he shall groan before him with the groanings of one who is mortally wounded.
25. But I will strengthen the arms of the king of Babylon, and the arms of Pharaoh shall fall. And they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall put My sword into the hand of the king of Babylon, and he shall stretch it upon the land of Egypt.
26. And I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations, and scatter them among the countries. And they shall know that I am the LORD.’ ”
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved