1. And it came to pass in the eleventh year, in the third month, on the first day of the month, the Word of the LORD came to me, saying,
2. “Son of man, speak unto Pharaoh king of Egypt and to his multitude, ‘To whom are you like in your greatness?
3. Behold, Assyria was like a cedar in Lebanon, with fair branches and forest shade, and of great height. And his top was among the thick boughs.
4. The waters made him great; the deep set him up on high with her rivers running all around his plants, and sent out her little channels to all the trees of the field.
5. Therefore his height was lifted up above all the trees of the field, and his boughs were multiplied, and his branches became long because of the many waters, when he sent out its boughs.
6. All the birds of the heavens nested in his boughs, and under his branches all the beasts of the field bore their young, and under his shadow dwelt all great nations.
7. Thus he was beautiful in his greatness, n the length of his branches. For his root was by abundant waters.
8. The cedars in the garden of God could not hide him; the fir trees were not like his boughs, and the chestnut trees were not like his branches. Nor was any tree in the garden of God like him in his beauty.
9. I have made him beautiful by his many branches, so that all the trees of Eden in the garden of God envied him.’
10. Therefore thus says the Lord GOD, ‘Because you have exalted yourself up in stature, and he set his top among the thick boughs, and his heart is lifted up in his height;
11. Therefore I have delivered him into the hand of the mighty one of the nations. He shall surely deal with him; I have expelled him for his wickedness.
12. And strangers have cut him off, the terrible of the nations, and have left him. On the mountains and in all the valleys his branches have fallen, and his boughs have been broken by all the rivers of the land. And all the people of the earth have gone from his shadow, and have left him.
13. Upon his ruin shall all the birds of the heavens remain, and all the beasts of the field shall be upon his branches,
14. To the end that none of all the trees by the waters shall exalt themselves in their height, nor set their top among the thick boughs, nor should their trees stand up fully in their height, even all that drink water. For all of them are given to death, to the lower parts of the earth, in the midst of the children of men, with those who go down into the pit.’
15. Thus says the Lord GOD, ‘In the day when he went down to the grave, I caused a mourning. I covered the deep for him, and I held back its floods, and the great waters were held back. And I caused Lebanon to mourn for him, and all the trees of the field fainted because of him.
16. I made the nations shake at the sound of his fall, when I cast him down to the grave with those who go down into the pit. And all the trees of Eden, the choice and best of Lebanon, all that drink water, shall be comforted in the lower parts of the earth.
17. They also went down into the grave with him to those who are slain with the sword, even his arm, who lived under his shadow in the midst of the nations.
18. To whom are you like in glory and in greatness among the trees of Eden? Yet you shall be brought down with the trees of Eden to the lower parts of the earth. You shall lie in the midst of the uncircumcised with those slain by the sword. This is Pharaoh and all his multitude,’ says the Lord GOD.”
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved