1. And it came to pass in the twelfth year, in the twelfth month, on the first day of the month, the Word of the LORD came to me, saying,
2. “Son of man, take up a lament for Pharaoh king of Egypt, and say to him, ‘You did liken yourself unto a young lion of the nations, whereas you were like a sea monster. And you came out with your rivers, and churned the waters with your feet, and fouled their rivers.’
3. Thus says the Lord GOD, ‘I will therefore spread out My net over you with an assembly of many people; and they shall lift you up in My net.
4. And I will leave you upon the land; I will cast you upon the face of the field, and cause all the birds of the heavens to settle upon you, and I will let the beasts of all the whole earth gorge themselves on you.
5. And I will put your flesh on the mountains, and fill the valleys with your remains.
6. I will also water the land with your blood in which you swim, even to the mountains; and the ravines shall be full of you.
7. And when I put you out, I will cover the heaven and make its stars dark; I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon shall not give her light.
8. I will make all the bright lights of the heavens dark over you, and will set darkness upon your land,’ says the Lord GOD.
9. ‘I will also vex the hearts of many people, when I bring your destruction among the nations, among the countries which you have not known.
10. Yea, I will make many people appalled at you, and their kings shall be horribly afraid for you, when I shall brandish My sword before them; and they shall tremble at every moment, each man for his own life, in the day of your fall.’
11. For thus says the Lord GOD, ‘The sword of the king of Babylon shall come upon you.
12. By the swords of the mighty, I will cause your multitude to fall, the terrible of the nations, all of them. And they shall spoil the pride of Egypt, and all its multitude shall be destroyed.
13. I will also destroy all its beasts from beside the abundant waters. Nor shall the foot of man stir them any more, nor shall the hoofs of beasts stir them.
14. And I will make their waters sink, and cause their rivers to run like oil,’ says the Lord GOD.
15. ‘When I shall make the land of Egypt desolate, and the land is stripped of its fullness; when I shall strike all those who dwell in it, then they shall know that I am the LORD.
16. This is the lamentation with which they shall mourn her. The daughters of the nations shall mourn her; they shall mourn for her, for Egypt and for all her multitude,’ says the Lord GOD.”
17. It was also in the twelfth year, on the fifteenth day of the month, that the Word of the LORD came to me, saying,
18. “Son of man, wail for the multitude of Egypt, and bring it down, her and the daughters of the majestic nations, to the lower parts of the earth, with those who go down into the pit.
19. ‘Whom do you surpass in beauty? Go down and be laid with the uncircumcised.’
20. They shall fall in the midst of those slain by the sword; she is delivered to the sword; they draw her down and all her multitudes.
21. The strong among the mighty shall speak of him out of the midst of the grave, with those who help him. ‘They have gone down, they lie uncircumcised, slain by the sword.’
22. Assyria is there and all her company. His graves are all around them; all of them are slain, fallen by the sword;
23. Their graves are set in the sides of the pit, and her company is all around her grave. All of them are slain, fallen by the sword, those who caused terror in the land of the living.
24. There is Elam and her multitude all around her grave. All of them are slain, fallen by the sword, who have gone down uncircumcised into the lower parts of the earth, who caused their terror in the land of the living. Yet they have borne their shame with those who go down to the pit.
25. They have set her a bed in the midst of the slain with all her multitude. Her graves are all around him; all of them uncircumcised, slain by the sword; because their terror was spread throughout the land of the living, they have borne their shame with those who go down to the pit. He is put in the midst of the slain.
26. There is Meshech, Tubal, and all her multitude. Her graves are all around him. All of them are uncircumcised, slain by the sword, because they spread their terror in the land of the living.
27. And they shall not lie with the mighty that are fallen of the uncircumcised, who have gone down to the grave with their weapons of war. And they have put their swords under their heads, but their sins are upon their bones, though they were the terror of the mighty in the land of the living.
28. Yea, you shall be broken in the midst of the uncircumcised, and shall lie with those slain with the sword.
29. There is Edom, her kings, and all her princes, who with their might are laid by those slain by the sword. They shall be with the uncircumcised and with those who go down to the pit.
30. There are the princes of the north, all of them, and all the Sidonians, who have gone down with the slain, ashamed for all the terror, which they have caused; and they lie uncircumcised with those who are slain by the sword, and bear their shame with those who go down to the pit.
31. Pharaoh shall see them and shall be comforted over all his multitude, even Pharaoh and all his army killed by the sword,” says the Lord GOD.
32. “For I had put My terror in the land of the living. And he shall be laid waste in the midst of the uncircumcised with those slain with the sword, even Pharaoh and all his multitude,” says the Lord GOD.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved