1. And he brought me to the temple and measured the pillars, six cubits wide on one side and six cubits wide on the other side, which was the breadth of the tabernacle.
2. And the breadth of the door was ten cubits; and the sides of the door, five cubits on one side, and five cubits on the other side. And he measured its length, forty cubits, and the breadth, twenty cubits.
3. And he went inside and measured the pillar of the door, two cubits; and the door was six cubits; and the breadth of the door, seven cubits.
4. And he measured its length, twenty cubits; and the breadth, twenty cubits, before the temple. And he said to me, “This is the Holy of Holies.”
5. And he measured the wall of the temple, six cubits; and the width of each side room was four cubits, all around the temple on every side.
6. And the side chambers were thus: a side chamber was over a side chamber, three stories, and thirty chambers in each story. And entrances in the wall of the temple for the side chambers all around, that they might be supported, but they were not supported by the wall of the temple.
7. The higher side chambers around the temple were wider than the lower chambers. The width of the side chambers as it went up from floor to floor increased. The access from the lowest to the highest went through the middle floor.
8. I also saw the height of the temple all around. The foundations of the side rooms were a full reed, six large cubits each joining one another.
9. The width of the outside wall, which was for the side chambers outside, was five cubits, and space was left between the side chambers and the temple.
10. And between the chambers and the temple was the width of twenty cubits, circling all around the temple.
11. And the doors of the side chambers facing the open space had one door that opened northward and one door that opened southward. And the width of the opening was five cubits on each chamber all around.
12. And the building that was facing the courtyard at the end of the way of the west was seventy cubits wide. And the wall of the building was five cubits wide all around, and its length, ninety cubits.
13. And he measured the temple, a hundred cubits long. And the courtyard, and the building, and its wall, were a hundred cubits long.
14. And the width of the front of the temple and of the courtyard eastward was a hundred cubits.
15. And he measured the length of thebuilding to the front of the courtyard which was behind it with the galleries on the one side and on the other side, was a hundred cubits, including the inner temple and the porches of the court,
16. The doorposts, and the latticed narrow windows, and the galleries all around, their three stories across from the door, were overlaid with wood panelings all around, and from the ground up to the windows; and the windows were covered,
17. To the area above the door, even to the inside of the temple, and outside, and on all the walls around inside and outside, by measure.
18. And it was made with cherubim and palm trees, and a palm tree was between cherub and cherub. And each cherub had two faces,
19. The face of a man was toward the palm tree on one side, and the face of a young lion toward the palm tree on the other side. It was made throughout all the temple all around.
20. From the ground to the area above the door were cherubim and palm trees carved, and on the wall of the temple as well.
21. The temple doorposts were squared, as was the front of the Holy of Holies. The appearance of one side was like the other side.
22. The altar of wood was three cubits high, and its length two cubits. And its corners, and its length, and its sides, were of wood. And he said to me, “This is the table that is before the LORD.”
23. And the temple and the sanctuary had two doors.
24. And the doors had two leaves each,two turning doors, two for the one door, and two for the other door.
25. And on them, on the temple doors, were carved cherubim and palm trees like those on the walls, and thick wood was on the face of the porch outside.
26. And latticed windows, and palm trees, were on one side and on the other side, on the sides of the porch, and on the side chambers of the temple, and wooden canopies.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved