1. In the twenty-fifth year of our captivity, in the beginning of the year, on the tenth day of the month, in the fourteenth year after the city was stricken, in the same day the hand of the LORD was on me, and brought me there.
2. In the visions of God He brought me into the land of Israel, and made me rest on a very high mountain, upon which was a structure like a city on the south.
3. And He brought me there, and behold, a man whose appearance was like the look of bronze, and a line of flax in his hand, and a measuring reed. And he stood in the gate.
4. And the man said to me, “Son of man, behold with your eyes and hear with your ears, and set your heart on all that I shall show you. For you are brought here so that I might show them to you. Declare all that you see to the house of Israel.”
5. And behold, a wall on the outside of the house all around, and in the man’s hand was a measuring reed, six cubits long, with a cubit and a span. And he measured the building’s breadth, one reed; and the height, one reed.
6. And he came to the gate which faced eastward, and went up its steps, and measured the threshold of the gate, one reed wide, even the one threshold, one reed wide.
7. And a guardroom was one reed long and one reed wide. And between the guardrooms were five cubits. And the threshold of the gate by the porch of the gate facing the house, one reed.
8. He also measured the porch of the gateway inside, one reed.
9. And he measured the porch of the gateway, eight cubits; and its pillars, two cubits; also the porch of the gate faced the house.
10. And the gate rooms eastward were three on this side, and three on that side; each three of them had the same measure; and the pillars from one side and to the other had the same measure.
11. And he measured the breadth of the gate-opening, ten cubits. The length of the gate was thirteen cubits.
12. And the border in front of the guardrooms was one cubit on one side, and the space was one cubit on the other side. And the guardrooms were six cubits on one side and six cubits on the other side.
13. And he measured the gate of the guardroom from one end of the roof to the other end of the roof, twenty-five cubits wide, from door to door.
14. He also made the pillars sixty cubits, even to the court-pillar, from the gate all around.
15. And from the front of the entrance gate to the face of the porch of the inner gate was fifty cubits;
16. And latticed windows were to the guardrooms and to their pillars inside the gate all around. And so for the porches; and windows were all around facing inward; and upon each pillar were palm trees.
17. And he brought me into the outer court, and lo, there were chambers, and a pavement made for the court all around. Thirty rooms were fronted on the pavement.
18. And the pavement by the side of the gates was equal to the length of the gates; this was the lower pavement.
19. And he measured the breadth from the front of the lower gate to the front of the inner court on the outside, a hundred cubits eastward and northward.
20. And the gate which faces toward the north of the outer court, he measured its length and its breadth.
21. And its guardrooms were three on one side and three on the other side. And its pillars and its porches were according to the same measure of the first gate: Its length was fifty cubits, and its breadth, twenty-five cubits.
22. And their windows, and their porches, and their palm trees, were according to the measure of the gate facing the east. And they went up to it by seven steps; and its porches were in front of them.
23. And the gate of the inner court was across from the gate toward the north and toward the east. And he measured from gate to gate, a hundred cubits.
24. And he led me toward the south, and behold a gate facing south. And he measured its pillars and its porches according to these measures.
25. And there were windows in it and in its porches all around, like those windows. The length was fifty cubits, and the breadth, twenty-five cubits.
26. And seven steps were going up to it, and its arches were in front of them. And it had palm trees, one on one side and another on the other side, upon its pillars.
27. And there was a gate in the inner court southward. And he measured from gate to gate southward, a hundred cubits.
28. And he brought me to the inner court by the south gate. And he measured the south gate according to these measures,
29. And its rooms and its pillars and its arches according to these measures. And there were windows in it and in the arches all around. It was fifty cubits long and twenty-five cubits wide.
30. And the arches all around were twenty-five cubits long and five cubits wide.
31. And its arches were toward the outer court; and palm trees on its pillars. And its stairway had eight steps.
32 And he brought me into the inner court eastward. And he measured the gate according to these measures.
33. And its guardrooms, and its pillars, and its porches, were measured according to these measures. And there were windows in it and in its arches all around. It was fifty cubits long and twenty-five cubits wide.
34. And its arches were toward the outer court. And palm trees were on its pillars, from one side to the other side. And its stairway had eight steps.
35. And he brought me to the north gate, and measured it according to these measures;
36. Its rooms, its pillars, and its arches, and its windows all around. The length was fifty cubits, and the breadth twenty-five cubits.
37. And its pillars were faced toward the outer court. And palm trees were on its pillars, on one side and on the other side. And its stairway had eight steps.
38. And the chamber and its door was by the pillars of the gates, there they washed the burnt offering.
39. And in the porch of the gate were two tables on one side and two tables on the other side, for the slaughtering of the burnt offering and the sin offering and the trespass offering.
40. And to the side outside, as one goes up to the door of the gate northward were two tables; and on the other side at the porch of the gate were two tables.
41. Four tables were on one side, and four tables were on the other side of the gate: eight tables whereupon they slaughter their sacrifices.
42. And the four tables for burnt offering were of cut stone, a cubit and a half long, and a cubit and a half wide, and one cubit high. They also laid on them the instruments with which they slaughtered the burnt offering and the sacrifice.
43. And the double hooks of one span were fastened in the house all around, and on the tables the flesh of the offering.
44. And outside the inner court were the chambers of the singers in the inner court, which was at the side of the north gate. And one faced south: one at the side of the east gate faced north.
45. And he said to me, “This chamber facing south is for the priests, the keepers of the charge of the house.
46. And the chamber facing north is for the priests, the keepers of the charge of the altar. They are the sons of Zadok among the sons of Levi, who come near the LORD to minister to Him.”
47. And he measured the court, a square, a hundred cubits long and a hundred cubits wide; and the altar was in front of the temple.
48. And he brought me to the porch of the temple and measured each pillar of the porch, five cubits on one side and five cubits on the other side. And the gate was three cubits wide on one side and three cubits on the other side.
49. The porch was twenty cubits long, and eleven cubits wide. And it was by the steps that it was ascended. And columns were by the pillars, one on one side and another on the other side.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved