1. And he led me to the gate, the gate that faces eastward.
2. And behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east. And His voice was like the sound of many waters. And the earth shined with His glory.
3. And it looked the same as the vision which I saw, even according to the vision which I saw when I came to destroy the city. And the visions were like the vision that I saw by the river Chebar. And I fell on my face.
4. And the glory of the LORD came into the temple by the way of the gate whose view is eastward.
5. And the Spirit took me up and brought me into the inner chamber. And behold, the glory of the LORD filled the temple.
6. And I heard Him speaking to me from the temple. And standing by me was a Man.
7. And He said to me, “Son of man,the house of Israel shall no more defile the place of My throne, and the place of the soles of My feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the sons of Israel forever; neither they, nor their kings, by their whoredom, nor by the dead bodies of their kings in their high places.
8. When they set their threshold by My threshold, and their doorpost by My doorpost; and the wall between Me and them, they have even defiled My holy name by their abominations which they have done. And I have consumed them in My anger.
9. Now let them put away their whoredom, and the dead bodies of their kings from Me, and I will dwell in their midst forever.
10. You, son of man, show the house of Israel the temple, so that they may be ashamed of their iniquities. And let them measure its pattern.
11. And if they are ashamed of all that they have done, the form of the house, and its arrangement, and its exits, and its entrances, and all its forms, and all its ordinances, and all its forms, and all its laws, make known to them. And write them before their eyes, so that they may observe all its form, and all its ordinances, and do them.
12. This is the law of the temple. On the top of the mountain is all its border, all around it is most holy. Behold, this is the law of the temple.
13. And these are the measures of the altar by the cubit. The cubit is a cubit and a span; even the base shall be a cubit, and the width a cubit, and its border by its edge all around shall be a span. And this is the upper part of the altar.
14. And from the base on the ground even to the lower ledge shall be two cubits, and the width one cubit. And from the smaller ledge even to the greater ledge shall be four cubits, and the width one cubit.
15. And the altar hearth shall be four cubits, and from the altar hearth and upward shall be four horns.
16. And the altar hearth shall be twelve cubits long, twelve wide, square in its four sides.
17. And the ledge shall be fourteen cubits long and fourteen wide in its four sides. And the border around it shall be half a cubit, and its base a cubit around. And its steps shall face eastward.”
18. And He said to me, “Son of man, thus says the Lord GOD, ‘These are the ordinances of the altar in the day of its being made to offer upon it burnt offerings, and to sprinkle blood upon it.
19. And you shall give a young bull for a sin offering to the priests the Levites, who are of the seed of Zadok, who approach Me to minister to Me,’ says the Lord GOD.
20. And you shall take of its blood and put it on its four horns, and on the four corners of the ledge, and on the border all around. So you shall cleanse and purge it.
21. You shall also take the bull of the sin offering, and he shall burn it in the appointed place of the temple, outside the sanctuary.
22. And on the second day you shall offer a kid of the goats without blemish for a sin offering. And they shall cleanse the altar as they cleansed it with the bull.
23. And when you have finished cleansing it, you shall offer a young bull without blemish and a ram out of the flock without blemish.
24. And you shall offer them before the LORD, and the priests shall cast salt upon them, and they shall offer them up for a burnt offering to the LORD.
25. Every day for seven days you shall prepare a goat for a sin offering. They also shall prepare a young bull, and a ram out of the flock, without blemish.
26. Seven days they shall purge the altar and purify it; and they shall consecrate themselves.
27. And when these days are expired, it shall be that on the eighth day, and forward, the priests shall make your burnt offerings before the altar, and your peace offerings. And I will accept you,’ says the Lord GOD.”
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved