1. And he brought me back by the way of the gate of the outer sanctuary which looks eastward. And it was shut.
2. And the LORD said to me, “This gate shall be shut; it shall not be opened, and no man shall enter in by it. Because the LORD, the God of Israel, has entered in by it, therefore it shall be shut.
3. It is for the prince; being a prince, he shall sit in it to eat bread before the LORD. He shall enter by the way of the porch of that gate, and shall go out by the same way.”
4. And he brought me by the way of the north gate before the house. And I looked, and, behold, the glory of the LORD filled the temple of the LORD. And I fell on my face.
5. And the LORD said to me, “Son of man, note carefully: see with your eyes, and hear with your ears all that I say to you concerning all the ordinances of the temple of the LORD, and all its laws. And mark well the entrance of the temple, with all the exits of the sanctuary.
6. And you shall say to the rebellious, to the house of Israel, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD, “O house of Israel, let it be more than enough for you, of all your hateful deeds,
7. That you have brought strangers, uncircumcised in heart and uncircumcised in flesh, to be in My sanctuary, to profane it, even My house, when you offer My bread, the fat and the blood. And they have broken My covenant because of all your abominations.
8. And you have not kept the charge of My holy things, but you have set keepers of My charge in My sanctuary for themselves.”
9. Thus says the Lord GOD, “No son of an alien, uncircumcised of heart and uncircumcised of flesh, shall enter into My sanctuary, or any son of a stranger among the children of Israel.
10. But the Levites who have gone far away from Me, when Israel went astray; those who went astray from Me after their idols; they shall even bear their iniquity.
11. Yet they shall be ministers in My sanctuary, as overseers at the gates of the temple and ministering at the temple. They shall kill the burnt offering and the sacrifice for the people, and they shall stand before them to minister to them.
12. Because they ministered to them before their idols, and caused the house of Israel to fall into iniquity, therefore I have lifted up My hand against them,” says the Lord GOD, “and they shall bear their iniquity.
13. And they shall not come near Me, to do the office of a priest to Me, nor to come near any of My holy things, in the most holy place; but they shall bear their shame and their abominations which they have committed.
14. But I will make them keepers of the charge of the temple for all its service, and for all that shall be done in it.
15. But the priests, the Levites, the sons of Zadok, who kept the charge of My sanctuary when the children of Israel went astray from Me, they shall come near Me to minister to Me, and they shall stand before Me to offer to Me the fat and the blood,” says the Lord GOD.
16. “They shall enter My sanctuary, and they shall come near My table, to minister to Me, and they shall keep My charge.
17. And it shall be, when they enter in at the gates of the inner court, they shall be clothed with bleached linen clothing. And no wool shall come on them while they serve in the gates of the inner court, and within the temple.
18. Turbans of bleached linen shall be on their heads, and they shall have bleached linen undergarments on their loins. They shall not clothe themselves with anything that causes sweat.
19. And when they go out into the outer court, even into the outer court of the people, they shall put off their clothes in which they ministered, and lay them in the holy chambers. And they shall put on other clothes, so that they shall not sanctify the people with their own clothes.
20. Nor shall they shave their heads nor allow their hair to grow long; they shall only trim their heads.
21. And the priests shall not drink wine when they enter the inner court.
22. Nor shall they take for their wives a widow, nor her who is divorced. But they shall take virgins of the seed of the house of Israel, or a widow who had a priest before.
23. And they shall teach My people to discern between the holy and profane, and between the unclean and the clean.
24. And in a dispute they shall stand in judgment; and they shall judge it according to My judgments. And they shall keep My laws and My statutes in all My assemblies, and they shall keep My Sabbaths holy.
25. And he shall not come near any dead person to defile himself; but he may defile themselves for father, or for mother, or for son, or for daughter, for brother, or for sister who has had no husband.
26. And after he is cleansed, they shall count seven days for him.
27. And in the day that he goes into the sanctuary, to the inner court, to minister in the sanctuary, he shall offer his sin offering,” says the Lord GOD.
28. “And it shall be to them for an inheritance. I am their inheritance. And you shall give them no possession in Israel; I am their possession.
29. They shall eat the grain offering, and the sin offering, and the guilt offering; and every dedicated thing in Israel shall be theirs.
30. And the first of all the firstfruits of all, and every offering of all, of every kind of your sacrifices, shall be the priest’s. You shall also give the priest the first of your dough, so that he may cause the blessing to rest in your house.
31. The priests shall not eat of anything that died of itself, or is torn, whether it is bird or animal.”
And he brought me backH7725
HToHSp1csby the wayH1870
HNcbscof the gateH8179
HNcmscof the outerH2435
And the LORDH3068
HVqsmsait shall notH3808
HVqi3msin by it.Hb
HVqp3msin by it,Hb
HRHSp3mstherefore it shall beH1961
HToIt is for the prince;H5387
HTdHNcmsabeing a prince,H5387
HNpHe shall enterH935
HVqi3msby the wayH1870
HRHNcbscof the porchH197
HNcmscof that gate,H8179
HTdHNcmsaand shall go outH3318
HVqi3msby the same way."H1870
And he brought meH935
HCHVhw3msHSp1csby the wayH1870
HNcbscof the northH6828
HTdHNcmsaAnd I looked,H7200
HNcbscof the LORDH3068
HNcmscof the LORD.H3068
HNpAnd I fellH5307
And the LORDH3068
HCHVqv2mswith your eyes,H5869
HVqv2mswith your earsH241
HNcbpcof the templeH1004
HNcmscof the LORD,H3068
HRHNcmscof the temple,H1004
HNcmpcof the sanctuary.H4720
And you shall sayH559
HNplet it be more than enoughH7227
HRHNcmscyour hateful deeds,H8441
That you have broughtH935
HRHVqcin My sanctuary,H4720
HRHNcmscHSp1csto profane it,H2490
HNcmscHSp1cswhen you offerH7126
HNcmsaand the blood.H1818
HCHNcmsaAnd they have brokenH6565
And you have notH3808
HNcfscof My holy things,H6944
HNcmpcHSp1csbut you have setH7760
HRHVqrmpcof My chargeH4931
HNcfscHSp1csin My sanctuaryH4720
HNcmscof an alien,H5236
HNcmscof a strangerH5236
HTrhave gone far awayH7368
HTrwho went astrayH8582
HNcmpcHSp3mpthey shall even bearH5375
Yet they shall beH1961
HVprmpain My sanctuary,H4720
HNcmpcof the templeH1004
HToat the temple.H1004
HTothe burnt offeringH5930
HTdHNcmsafor the people,H5971
HRHNcbpcHSp3mpto minister to them.H8334
HTmI have lifted upH5375
HNp"and they shall bearH5375
And they shall notH3808
HRHSp1csto do the office of a priestH3547
HRHSp1csnor to come nearH5066
HNcmscof My holy things,H6944
HRthe most holy place;H6944
HTdHNcmpabut they shall bearH5375
HNcfscHSp3mpand their abominationsH8441
HTrthey have committed.H6213
But I will makeH5414
HVqrmpcof the chargeH4931
HNcfscof the templeH1004
HNcfscHSp3msand for allH3605
HTrshall be doneH6213
But the priests,H3548
HNcfscof My sanctuaryH4720
HNcmscHSp1cswhen the childrenH1121
HRHRHSp1csthey shall come nearH7126
HRHSp1csto minister to Me,H8334
HNcmsaand the blood,"H1818
HCHPp3mpshall come nearH7126
HRminister to Me,H8334
HRHVpcHSp1csand they shall keepH8104
And it shall be,H1961
HCHVqq3mswhen they enterH935
HRat the gatesH8179
HNcmpcof the innerH6442
HTdHNcbsathey shall be clothedH3847
HRHSp3mpwhile they serveH8334
HRHVpcHSp3mpin the gatesH8179
HRHNcmpcof the innerH6442
HTdHNcbsaand within the temple.H1004
HNcmscHSp3mpand they shall haveH1961
HNcmdcHSp3mpThey shall notH3808
HVqi3mpthemselves with anything that causes sweat.H3154
And when they go outH3318
HTdHNcmsathey shall put offH6584
HToHSp3mpin the holyH6944
HRHNcfpcAnd they shall putH3847
HNcmpaso that they shall notH3808
HTdHNcmsawith their own clothes.H899
HTnshall they shaveH1548
HTnallow their hairH6545
HCHNcmsato grow long;H7971
HVpi3mpthey shall onlyH3697
HTnshall they takeH3947
HCHNcfsanor her who is divorced.H1644
HCthey shall takeH3947
HNcfpaof the seedH2233
HRHNcmscof the houseH1004
HNpor a widowH490
HCHTothey shall teachH3384
HAamsaand the clean.H2889
HRHNcmsaand they shall judgeH8199
HVqi3mpHSp3msit according to My judgments.H4941
HCHTothey shall keepH8104
HCHTothey shall keep My SabbathsH7676
And he shall notH3808
HChe may defileH2930
HVti3mpthemselves for father,H1
HRHNcmsaor for mother,H517
HCHRHNcfsaor for son,H1121
HCHRHNcmsaor for daughter,H1323
HRHNcmsaor for sisterH269
And in the dayH3117
HCHRHNcmscthat he goesH935
HRHVpcin the sanctuary,H6944
HRdHNcmsahe shall offerH7126
HVhi3mshis sin offering,"H2403
"And it shall beH1961
HRHSp3mpfor an inheritance.H5159
HNcfscHSp3mpAnd you shall giveH5414
HVqi3mpHSp3mpthe grain offering,H4503
HTdHNcfsaand the sin offering,H2403
HCHTdHNcfsaand the guilt offering;H817
And the firstH7225
HRHNcmsckindof your sacrifices,H8641
HRdHNcmpaYou shall also giveH5414
HCHNcfscof your dough,H6182
HNcfpcHSp2mpso that he may cause the blessingH1293
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved