1. And he led me again to the door of the house. And behold, water came out from under the threshold of the house eastward. For the front of the house is east, and the water came down from under the right side of the house, at the south side of the altar.
2. And he led me out by the way of the north gate, and led me around the way outside to the outer gate, by the way facing the east. And behold, water was running out of the right side.
3. When the man went out eastward, and a line in his hand, he measured a thousand cubits. And he brought me through the water. The water was to the ankles.
4. And he measured a thousand cubits, and brought me through the water—the water was up to the knees. And he measured a thousand, and brought me through water to the loins.
5. And he measured a thousand; and there was a river which I was not able to pass; for the water had risen, water to swim in, a river that could not be passed.
6. And he said to me, “Son of man, have you seen this?” And he led me, and caused me to return to the bank of the river.
7. When I returned, then behold, on the bank of the river were very many trees, on one side and on the other.
8. And he said to me, “These waters go out toward the east country, and go down into the Arabah, and go into the sea. They are brought out into the sea, and its waters shall be healed.
9. And it shall be that every living creature which swarms in every place, there where the rivers go, every thing shall live. And there shall be very many fish because these waters shall come there. And they shall be healed. And all shall live where the river goes.
10. And it will be, the fishermen shall stand on it from En Gedi even to En Eglaim, a spreading place for nets shall be there. Their fish shall be according to their kinds, like the fish of the Great Sea, exceedingly many.
11. But its swamps and its marshes shall not be healed; they shall be given to salt.
12. And all trees for food shall go up by the river, on its bank on this side, and on that side. Its leaf shall not fade, nor its fruit fail. It will bear month by month because its waters come out from the sanctuary. And its fruit shall be for food, and its leaf for healing.”
13. Thus says the Lord GOD, “This shall be the border by which you shall inherit the land according to the twelve tribes of Israel. Joseph shall have two portions.
14. And you shall inherit it, each man like his brother, as I lifted up My hand to give to your fathers; even this land shall fall to you for an inheritance.
15. And this is the border of the land to the north side, from the Great Sea, the way of Hethlon, to the entrance of Zedad;
16. Hamath, Berothah, Sibraim, which is between the border of Damascus and the border of Hamath; Hazar Hatticon, which is by the border of Hauran.
17. And the border shall be from the sea to Hazar Enan, at the border of Damascus and the north, northward, even the border of Hamath. And this is the north side.
18. And you shall measure the east side from between Hauran, and from Damascus, and from Gilead, and the land of Israel, shall be the Jordan, from the border to the Eastern Sea. And this is the east side.
19. And the south side, southward from Tamar, to the waters of Meriboth Kadesh, the river to the Great Sea. And this is the south side, southward.
20. And the west side is the Great Sea from the border until one is beside the entrance of Hamath. This is the west side.
21. And you shall divide this land for yourselves by the tribes of Israel.
22. And it will be, you shall make it fall by lot for an inheritance to yourselves, and to the strangers who live among you, who shall beget children among you. And they shall be to you as native-born among the children of Israel. They shall be allotted an inheritance among the tribes of Israel.
23. And it shall be, in the tribe in which the stranger resides, there you shall give his inheritance,” says the Lord GOD.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved