1. Moreover the Word of the LORD came to me, saying,
2. “And also you, son of man, thus says the Lord GOD to the land of Israel, ‘An end! The end has come upon the four corners of the land.
3. Now the end has come upon you, and I will send My anger upon you and will judge you according to your ways, and will lay upon you all your abominations.
4. And My eye shall not spare you, neither will I have pity. But I will repay your ways upon you, and your abominations shall be in your midst; and you shall know that I am the LORD.’
5. Thus says the Lord GOD, ‘An evil: Behold, an unheard of evil has come!
6. An end has come, the end has come! It awakes against you; behold, it has come.
7. The encirclement of doom has come unto you, O dwellers of the land. The time has come, the day of tumult is near, and not a joyful shouting upon the mountains.
8. And I will soon pour out My fury upon you, and fulfill My anger upon you. And I will judge you according to your ways, and will repay you for all your abominations.
9. And My eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity; I will repay you according to your ways and your abominations that are in your midst. And you shall know that I am the LORD who strikes.
10. Behold the day! Behold, it has come; the encirclement of doom has gone out; the rod has blossomed; arrogance has budded.
11. Violence has risen up into a rod of wickedness. None of them shall remain, nor of their multitude, nor of any of their riches; nor shall there be wailing for them.
12. The time has come; the day has arrived. Let not the buyer rejoice, nor the seller mourn; for wrath is upon all her multitude.
13. For the seller shall not recover the hing he has sold as long as both of them live; for the vision to all her multitude shall not be reversed, neither shall any preserve his life because of the iniquity.
14. They have blown the trumpet, even to make all ready; but none goes to the battle, for My wrath is upon all her multitude.
15. The sword is without, and the plague and the famine within. He who is in the field shall die with the sword; and he who is in the city shall be devoured by famine and plague.
16. But if their fugitives shall escape, then they shall be like doves of the valleys on the mountains, all of them mourning, each one for his iniquity.
17. All hands shall be feeble, and all knees shall go as weak as water.
18. They shall also gird on sackcloth, and trembling shall cover them; and shame shall be upon all faces, and baldness upon all heads.
19. They shall throw their silver in the streets, and their gold shall be an unclean thing. Their silver and their gold shall not be able to deliver them in the day of the wrath of the LORD. They shall not satisfy their souls, neither fill their bowels; because their iniquity has become a stumbling block for them.
20. And the beauty of His ornaments— which He set in majesty—they made of it the images of their abominations and of their hateful things; therefore I make it to them as an unclean thing.
21. And I will give it into the hands of the strangers for a prize, and to the wicked of the earth for a spoil; and they shall defile it.
22. I will also turn My face from them, and they shall pollute My secret place; and robbers shall enter into it and defile it.
23. Make a chain; for the land is full of bloody crimes, and the city is full of violence.
24. And I will bring the worst of the heathen, and they shall possess their houses. I will also make the pomp of the strong to cease; and their holy places shall be defiled.
25. Terror comes; and they shall seek peace, but there shall be none.
26. Disaster shall come upon disaster, and rumor shall be upon rumor. And they shall seek a vision from the prophet; but the law shall perish from the priest, and wisdom from the elders.
27. The king shall mourn, and the prince shall be clothed with despair, and the hands of the people of the land shall tremble. I will do to them according to their way, and according to their uncleanness I will judge them; and they shall know that I am the LORD.’ ”
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved