1. And the Word of the LORD came to me, saying,
2. “Son of man, set your face toward the mountains of Israel and prophesy against them.
3. And say, ‘Mountains of Israel, hear the Word of the Lord God. Thus says the Lord GOD to the mountains, and to the hills, to the rivers and to the valleys, “Behold, I, even I, will bring a sword upon you, and I will destroy your high places.
4. And your altars shall be desolate, and your incense altars shall be broken. And I will make your slain fall before your idols.
5. And I will put the dead bodies of the children of Israel before their idols; and I will scatter your bones around your altars.
6. In all the places where you live, the cities shall be laid waste, and the high places shall be desolate; so that your altars may be laid waste and become desolate, and your idols may be broken and cease, and your incense altars may be cut down, and your works may be abolished.
7. And the slain shall fall in the midst of you, and you shall know that I am the LORD.
8. Yet I will leave a remnant that may be left to you—some who escape the sword among the nations, when you are scattered throughout the countries.
9. And those of you who escape shall remember Me among the nations where they shall be exiled, how I have been grieved by their whoring heart which has departed from Me, and with their whoring eyes which go after their idols. And they shall loathe themselves for the evils which they have committed in all their abominations.
10. And they shall know that I am the LORD, and that I have not said in vain that I would bring this evil upon them.”
11. Thus says the Lord GOD, “Strike with your hand and stamp with your foot, and say, ‘Alas, for all the evil abominations of the house of Israel! For they shall fall by the sword, and by the famine, and by the plague.
12. He who is afar off shall die of the plague; and he who is near shall fall by the sword; and he who remains and is under siege shall die by the famine. Thus I will fulfill My fury upon them.
13. Then you shall know that I am the LORD, when their dead shall be among their idols all around their altars, on every high hill, in all the tops of the mountains, and under every green tree, and under every thick oak, the places where they offered sweet incense to all their idols.
14. And I will stretch out My hand on them and make the land desolate, yea, even more desolate and waste than the wilderness toward Diblath, in all the places where they live; and they shall know that I am the LORD.’ ” ’ ”
HNcmscof the LordH136
HNpto the mountains,H2022
HRdHNcmpaand to the hills,H1389
HCHRdHNcfpato the riversH650
HRdHNcmpaand to the valleys,H1516
HRHSp2mpand I will destroyH6
HCHVpq1csyour high places.H1116
And your altarsH4196
HNcmpcHSp2mpshall be desolate,H8074
HCHVNq3cpand your incense altarsH2553
HNcmpcHSp2mpshall be broken.H7665
HCHVNq3cpAnd I will make your slainH2491
And I will putH5414
HTothe dead bodiesH6297
HNcmpcof the childrenH1121
HNcmpcHSp3mpand I will scatterH2219
HRHNcmscthe places where you live,H4186
HTdHNcfpashall be laid waste,H2717
HVqi3fpand the high placesH1116
HCHTdHNcfpashall be desolate;H3456
HNcmpcHSp2mpmay be laid wasteH2717
HVqi3mpand become desolate,H816
HCHVqi3mpand your idolsH1544
HNcmpcHSp2mpmay be brokenH7665
HCHVNq3cpand your incense altarsH2553
HNcmpcHSp2mpmay be cut down,H1438
HCHVNq3cpand your worksH4639
HNcmpcHSp2mpmay be abolished.H4229
Yet I will leave a remnantH3498
HCHVhq1csthat may beH1961
HNcfsaamong the nations,H1471
HRdHNcmpawhen you are scatteredH2219
HRHVNcHSp2mpthroughout the countries.H776
And those of you who escapeH6412
HToHSp1csamong the nationsH1471
HTrthey shall be exiled,H7617
HTrI have been grievedH7665
HToby their whoringH2181
HCHTowith their whoringH2181
HNcbdcHSp3mpwhich go afterH310
HNcmpcHSp3mpAnd they shall loatheH6962
HTrthey have committedH6213
And they shall knowH3045
HNpand thatI have notH3808
HDthat I would bringH6213
HVhv2mswith your handH3709
HCHVqv2mswith your foot,H7272
HNcfpcof the houseH1004
HTrthey shall fallH5307
HVqi3mpby the sword,H2719
HRdHNcfsaand by the famine,H7458
HRdHNcmsaand by the plague.H1698
He who is afar offH7350
HVqi3msof the plague;H1698
HRdHNcmsaand he who is nearH7138
HVqi3msby the sword;H2719
HRdHNcfsaand he who remainsH7604
HCHTdHVNrmsaand is under siegeH5341
HVqi3msby the famine.H7458
HRdHNcmsaThus I will fulfillH3615
Then you shall knowH3045
HNpwhen their deadH2491
HNcmpcof the mountains,H2022
And I will stretch outH5186
HNcfsayea, even more desolate and wasteH4923
HCHNcfsathan the wildernessH4057
HRHNcmscthe places where they live;H4186
HNcmpcHSp3mpand they shall knowH3045
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved