1. And the Word of the LORD came to me, saying,
2. “Son of man, set your face toward the mountains of Israel and prophesy against them.
3. And say, ‘Mountains of Israel, hear the Word of the Lord God. Thus says the Lord GOD to the mountains, and to the hills, to the rivers and to the valleys, “Behold, I, even I, will bring a sword upon you, and I will destroy your high places.
4. And your altars shall be desolate, and your incense altars shall be broken. And I will make your slain fall before your idols.
5. And I will put the dead bodies of the children of Israel before their idols; and I will scatter your bones around your altars.
6. In all the places where you live, the cities shall be laid waste, and the high places shall be desolate; so that your altars may be laid waste and become desolate, and your idols may be broken and cease, and your incense altars may be cut down, and your works may be abolished.
7. And the slain shall fall in the midst of you, and you shall know that I am the LORD.
8. Yet I will leave a remnant that may be left to you—some who escape the sword among the nations, when you are scattered throughout the countries.
9. And those of you who escape shall remember Me among the nations where they shall be exiled, how I have been grieved by their whoring heart which has departed from Me, and with their whoring eyes which go after their idols. And they shall loathe themselves for the evils which they have committed in all their abominations.
10. And they shall know that I am the LORD, and that I have not said in vain that I would bring this evil upon them.”
11. Thus says the Lord GOD, “Strike with your hand and stamp with your foot, and say, ‘Alas, for all the evil abominations of the house of Israel! For they shall fall by the sword, and by the famine, and by the plague.
12. He who is afar off shall die of the plague; and he who is near shall fall by the sword; and he who remains and is under siege shall die by the famine. Thus I will fulfill My fury upon them.
13. Then you shall know that I am the LORD, when their dead shall be among their idols all around their altars, on every high hill, in all the tops of the mountains, and under every green tree, and under every thick oak, the places where they offered sweet incense to all their idols.
14. And I will stretch out My hand on them and make the land desolate, yea, even more desolate and waste than the wilderness toward Diblath, in all the places where they live; and they shall know that I am the LORD.’ ” ’ ”
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved