1. Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, that the Word of the LORD by the mouth of Jeremiah might he fulfilled, the LORD stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, so that he made a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and put it also in writing, saying,
2. “Thus says Cyrus king of Persia, ‘The LORD God of heaven has given me all the kingdoms of the earth. And He has charged me to build Him a house at Jerusalem, which is in Judah.
3. Whoever there is among you of all His people, may his God be with him, and let him go up to Jerusalem, which is in Judah, and build the house of the LORD God of Israel—He is the God Who is in Jerusalem.
4. And whoever remains in any place where he resides, let the men of his place help him with silver and with gold and with goods and with animals, besides the freewill offering for the house of God that is in Jerusalem.’ ”
5. And the chiefs of the fathers of Judah and Benjamin, and the priests, and the Levites, even all whose spirit God had stirred up, arose to go up to build the house of the LORD which is in Jerusalem.
6. And all those who were around them made their hands strong with vessels of silver, with gold, with goods, and with animals, and with precious things, besides all that was willingly offered.
7. And Cyrus the king brought out the vessels of the house of the LORD, which Nebuchadnezzar had brought out of Jerusalem and had put in the house of his gods.
8. Even those Cyrus king of Persia brought out by the hand of Mithredath the treasurer and numbered them to Sheshbazzar, the prince of Judah.
9. And this is the number of them: thirty basins of gold, a thousand basins of silver, twenty-nine knives,
10. Thirty bowls of gold, four hundred and ten silver bowls of a second kind, and a thousand other vessels.
11. All the vessels of gold and of silver were five thousand and four hundred. All these Sheshbazzar brought up when the exiles went up from Babylon to Jerusalem.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved