1. And these are the children of the province who went up out of the captivity, of those who had been carried away, whom Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon had carried away to Babylon. And these came again to Jerusalem and Judah, each one to his city.
2. These are the ones who came with Zerubbabel: Jeshua, Nehemiah, Seraiah, Reelaiah, Mordecai, Bilshan, Mispar, Bigvai, Rehum, Baanah. This is the number of the men of the people of the children of Israel:
3. The children of Parosh, two thousand one hundred and seventy-two.
4. The children of Shephatiah, three hundred and seventy-two.
5. The children of Arah, seven hundred and seventy-five.
6. The children of Pahath-Moab, of the sons of Jeshua and Joab, two thousand eight hundred and twelve.
7. The children of Elam, a thousand two hundred and fifty-four.
8. The children of Zattu, nine hundred and forty-five.
9. The children of Zaccai, seven hundred and sixty.
10. The children of Bani, six hundred and forty-two.
11. The children of Bebai, six hundred and twenty-three.
12. The children of Azgad, a thousand two hundred and twenty-two.
13. The children of Adonikam, six hundred and sixty-six.
14. The children of Bigvai, two thousand and fifty-six.
15. The children of Adin, four hundred and fifty-four.
16. The children of Ater of Hezekiah, ninety-eight.
17. The children of Bezai, three hundred and twenty-three.
18. The children of Jorah, a hundred and twelve.
19. The children of Hashum, two hundred and twenty-three.
20. The children of Gibbar, ninety-five.
21. The children of Bethlehem, a hundred and twenty-three.
22. The men of Netophah, fifty-six.
23. The men of Anathoth, a hundred and twenty-eight.
24. The children of Azmaveth, forty-two.
25. The children of Kirjath-Arim, Chephirah, and Beeroth seven hundred and forty-three.
26. The children of Ramah and Geba, six hundred and twenty-one.
27. The men of Michmas, a hundred and twenty-two.
28. The men of Bethel and Ai, two hundred and twenty-three.
29. The men of Nebo, fifty-two.
30. The men of Magbish, a hundred and fifty-six.
31. The children of the other Elam, a thousand two hundred and fifty-four.
32. The children of Harim, three hundred and twenty.
33. The children of Lod, Hadid and Ono, seven hundred and twenty-five.
34. The children of Jericho, three hundred and forty-five.
35. The children of Senaah, three thousand, six hundred and thirty.
36. The priests: the children of Jedaiah, of the house of Jeshua, nine hundred and seventy-three.
37. The children of Immer, a thousand and fifty-two.
38. The children of Pashhur, a thousand two hundred and forty-seven.
39. The children of Harim, a thousand and seventeen.
40. The Levites: the children of Jeshua and Kadmiel, of the children of Hodaviah seventy-four.
41. The singers: the children of Asaph, a hundred and twenty-eight.
42. The children of the gatekeepers: the children of Shallum, the children of Ater, the children of Talmon, the children of Akkub, the children of Hatita, the children of Shobai, in all a hundred and thirty-nine.
43. The temple servants: the children of Ziha, the children of Hasupha, the children of Tabbaoth,
44. The children of Keros, the children of Siaha, the children of Padon,
45. The children of Lebanah, the children of Hagabah, the children of Akkub,
46. The children of Hagab, the childrenof Shalmai, the children of Hanan,
47. The children of Giddel, the children of Gahar, the children of Reaiah
48. The children of Rezin, the children of Nekoda, the children of Gazzam,
49. The children of Uzza, the children of Paseah, the children of Besai,
50. The children of Asnah, the children of Meunim, the children of Nephusim,
51. The children of Bakbuk, the children of Hakupha, the children of Harhur,
52. The children of Bazluth, the children of Mehida, the children of Harsha,
53. The children of Barkos, the children of Sisera, the children of Tamah,
54. The children of Neziah, the children of Hatipha.
55. The children of Solomon’s servants: the children of Sotai, the children of Sophereth, the children of Peruda,
56. The children of Jaala, the children of Darkon, the children of Giddel,
57. The children of Shephatiah, the children of Hattil, the children of Pochereth of Zebaim, the children of Ami.
58. All the temple servants, and the children of Solomon’s servants three hundred and ninety-two.
59. And these were they who went up from Tel-Melah, Tel-Harsa, Cherub, Addan, and Immer, but they could not verify their father’s house and their seed, whether they were of Israel:
60. The children of Delaiah, the children of Tobiah, the children of Nekoda, six hundred and fifty-two.
61. And of the children of the priests, the children of Habaiah, the children of Koz, the children of Barzillai (who took a wife of the daughters of Barzillai the Gileadite, and was called after their name).
62. These looked for their family records among the genealogy, but they were not found. Therefore they were deemed polluted and removed from the priesthood.
63. And the governor said to them that they should not eat of the most holy things until there stood up a priest with Urim and Thummim.
64. The whole congregation together was forty-two thousand, three hundred and sixty,
65. Besides their servants and their maids, seven thousand three hundred and thirty-seven. And among them were two hundred singing men and singing women.
66. Their horses were seven hundred and thirty-six, their mules two hundred and forty-five,
67. Their camels four hundred and thirty-five, and their donkeys six thousand seven hundred and twenty.
68. And some of the chief of the fathers, when they came to the house of the LORD at Jerusalem, offered freely for the house of God to set it up in its place.
69. They gave according to their ability to the treasury of the work, sixty-one thousand drachmas of gold, and five thousand minas of silver, and one hundred priestly garments.
70. And the priests, and the Levites, andsome of the people, and the singers, and the gatekeepers, and the temple servants lived in their cities, and all Israel in their cities.
And these areH428
HNcmpcof the provinceH4082
HTdHNcfsawho went upH5927
HTdHVqrmpaout of the captivity,H7628
HRHNcbscof those whoH834
HTrhad been carried away,H1473
HNphad carried awayH1540
HRHNpAnd these came againH7725
HNcmsato his city.H5892
These are the ones whoH834
HNpThis isthe numberH4557
HNcmscof the menH376
HNcmpcof the peopleH5971
HNcmscof the children of Israel:H3478
HNcmpcof the gatekeepers:H7778
HNpbut they couldH3201
HNcmscand their seed,H2233
HCthey were of Israel:H3478
And of the childrenH1121
HCHRHNcmpcof the priests,H3548
HNcfsaof the daughtersH1323
HTdHNgmsaand was calledH7121
HVpp3cpfor their family recordsH3791
HTdHVtrmpabut they were notH3808
HVNp3cpTherefore they were deemed pollutedH1351
HCHVPw3mpand removed fromH4480
And the governorH8660
HTrthey should notH3808
HVqi3mpof the most holyH6944
HRthere stood upH5975
HNcmpcHSp3mpand their maids,H519
HCHAcmsaAnd among themHl
HVormpaand singing women.H7891
HCHAcmsaand their donkeysH2543
And some of the chiefH7218
HCHRHNcmpcof the fathers,H1
HTdHNcmpawhen they cameH935
HRHVqcHSp3mpto the houseH1004
HRHNcmscof the LORDH3068
HVtp3cpfor the houseH1004
HTdHNcmpato set it upH5975
HVqp3cpaccording to their abilityH3581
HRHNcmscHSp3mpto the treasuryH214
HRHNcmscof the work,H4399
HCHNcmsaand one hundredH3967
And the priests,H3548
HTdHNcmpaand the Levites,H3881
HCHTdHNgmpaand some ofH4480
HTdHNcmsaand the singers,H7891
HCHTdHVormpaand the gatekeepers,H7778
HCHTdHNcmpaand the temple servantsH5411
HCHVqw3mpin their cities,H5892
HNpin their cities.H5892
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved