1. Then Darius the king made a decree, and a search was made in the house of the scrolls where the treasures were laid up in Babylon.
2. And there was found at Achmetha, in the palace that was in the province of the Medes, a scroll. And in it was a record thus written:
3. “In the first year of Cyrus the king, Cyrus the king made a decree concerning the house of God at Jerusalem: ‘Let the house be built, the place where they offered sacrifices, and let the foundations of it be strongly laid. The height of it shall be sixty cubits, and the breadth of it shall be sixty cubits,
4. With three rows of great stones and a row of new timber. And let the expenses be given out of the king’s house.
5. And also let the gold and silver vessels of the house of God, which Nebuchadnezzar took out of the temple at Jerusalem, and brought to Babylon, be restored and brought again to the temple which is at Jerusalem, to their place, and put them in the house of God.’ ”
6. “Now, therefore, Tattenai, governor of the province beyond the River, Shethar- Boznai, and your companions, the officials beyond the River, keep away from there.
7. Let the work of this house of God alone. Let the governor of the Jews and the elders of the Jews build this house of God in its place.
8. Moreover, I make a decree as to what you shall do for the elders of these Jews for the building of this house of God, that at once expense be given to these men from the king’s goods, from the tax beyond the River, so that they may not be hindered.
9. And that which they have need of, both young bulls and rams and lambs, for the burnt offerings of the God of heaven, wheat, salt, wine, and oil, according to the request of the priests at Jerusalem, let it be given them day by day without fail,
10. So that they may offer sacrifices of sweet savors to the God of heaven, and pray for the life of the king and of his sons.
11. Also I have made a decree that whoever shall alter this word, let timber be pulled down from his house and be lifted up, and let him be hanged on it. And let his house be made a dunghill for this.
12. And may the God who has caused His name to dwell there, overthrow all kings and people who shall put their hand to alter or to destroy this house of God which is at Jerusalem. I, Darius, have made a decree. Let it be done with all diligence.”
13. Then Tattenai, governor of the province beyond the River, Shethar-Boznai, and their companions, according to that which Darius the king had sent, did so speedily.
14. And the elders of the Jews built, and they were prospered through the prophesying of Haggai the prophet and Zechariah the son of Iddo. And they built and finished it according to the command of the God of Israel, and according to the decree of Cyrus, and Darius, and Artaxerxes king of Persia.
15. And this house was finished on the third day of the month Adar, in the sixth year of the reign of Darius the king.
16. And the children of Israel, the priests, and the Levites, and the rest of the children of the captivity kept the dedication of this house of God with joy.
17. And they offered at the dedication of this house of God a hundred bulls, two hundred rams, and four hundred lambs. And for a sin offering for all Israel, twelve he-goats, according to the number of the tribes of Israel.
18. And they set the priests in their sections, and the Levites in their divisions, for the service of God which is at Jerusalem, as it is written in the book of Moses.
19. And the children of the captivity kept the Passover on the fourteenth day of the first month.
20. The priests and the Levites were purified together, all of them pure. And they killed the Passover lamb for all the children of the captivity, and for their brethren the priests, and for themselves.
21. And the children of Israel ate the Passover lamb, all who had come again out of exile, and all such as had separated themselves to them from the uncleanness of the nations of the land in order to seek the LORD God of Israel.
22. And they kept the Feast of Unleavened Bread seven days with joy, for the LORD had made them joyful, and had turned the heart of the king of Assyria to them to make their hands strong in the work of the house of God, the God of Israel.
ANcmsaand a search was madeH1240
ACAVpp3mpin the houseH1005
ARANcmscof the scrollsH5609
ANcmpdATdwere laid upH5182
And there was foundH7912
ARANpin the palaceH1001
ATrwasin the provinceH4083
ANcfsdATdof the Medes,H4076
ANcfsaAnd in itH1459
"In the firstH2298
ANcmsaconcerning the houseH1005
ARANp'Let the houseH1005
ANcmpaand let the foundations of itH787
ACANcmpcASp3msbe strongly laid.H5446
AVssmpaThe height of itH7314
ANcfpaand the breadth of itH6613
ANcmscASp3msshall be sixtyH8361
ANcfscand a rowH5073
ANcmsaAnd let the expensesH5313
ATrlet the goldH1722
ANcmpcof the houseH1005
AVhi3mpand brought againH1946
ACAVqi3msto the templeH1965
ARANpto their place,H870
ACAVai2msthem in the houseH1005
ANcmscof the province beyondH5675
ANpand your companions,H3675
Let the workH5673
AVqv2mpLet the governorH6347
ANcmscof the JewsH3062
ANgmpdATdand the eldersH7868
ACARANcmpcof the JewsH3062
ANcmsaas to whatH3964
ATryou shall doH5648
ANgmpdATdfor the buildingH1124
ANcmsdATdthat at onceH629
ARANcmpdATdfrom the king'sH4430
ATrthey may notH3809
And that whichH4101
ACAPfxcsthey have need of,H2818
ACANcmpafor the burnt offeringsH5928
ARANcfpaof the GodH426
ACANcmsaaccording to the requestH3983
ARANcmscof the priestsH3549
ARANplet it beH1934
ACthey may offerH1934
AVhrmpaof sweet savorsH5208
ANcmpato the GodH426
ACAVprmpafor the lifeH2417
ARANcmpcof the kingH4430
ANcmsdATdand of his sons.H1123
ACANcmpcASp3msI have madeH7761
ANcmsabe pulled downH5256
ANcmscASp3msand be lifted up,H2211
ACAVQsmsaand let him be hangedH4223
ARASp3msAnd let his houseH1005
And may the GodH426
ATrhas caused His nameH8036
ATris at Jerusalem.H3390
ANcmsaLet it be doneH5648
AVui3mswith all diligence."H629
ANcmscof the province beyondH5675
ANpand their companions,H3675
ARARto that whichH1768
And the eldersH7868
ACANcmpcof the JewsH3062
ACAVqp3mpand they were prosperedH6744
ACAVarmpathrough the prophesyingH5017
ANpAnd they builtH1124
ANcmscof the GodH426
ANpand according to the decreeH2942
ANcmsaof the monthH3393
APp3fsin the sixthH8353
ANcfscof the reignH4437
And the childrenH1123
ANcmpdATdand the Levites,H3879
ACANgmpdATdand the restH7606
ACANcmscof the childrenH1123
ANcmpcof the captivityH1547
And they offeredH7127
ACAVhp3mpat the dedicationH2597
ANcmpaAnd for a sin offeringH2402
ANcfpaaccording to the numberH4510
ARANcmscof the tribesH7625
And they setH6966
ANcmpdATdin their sections,H6392
ARANcfpcASp3mpand the LevitesH3879
ACANgmpdATdin their divisions,H4255
ARANpas it is writtenH3792
ARANcmscin the bookH5609
And the childrenH1121
HNcmpcof the captivityH1473
HTdHNcmsaon the fourteenthH702
HAcmsadayof the firstH7223
HTdHNcmpaand the LevitesH3881
HRHAcmsaall of themH3605
HAampaAnd they killedH7819
HNcmpcof the captivity,H1473
HTdHNcfsaand for their brethrenH251
HTdHNcmpaand for themselves.Hl
And the childrenH1121
HCHVqw3mpthe Passover lamb, all who had come againH7725
HTdHVqrmpaout of exile,H1473
HCHNcmscsuch as had separatedH914
HTdHVNsmsathemselves to themH413
HRHSp3mpfrom the uncleannessH2932
HRHNcfscof the nationsH1471
HNcmpcof the landH776
HTdHNcbsain order to seekH1875
And they keptH6213
HNcmscof Unleavened BreadH4682
HNphad made them joyful,H8055
HVpp3msHSp3mpand had turnedH5437
HNcmscof the kingH4428
HRHSp3mpto make their handsH3027
HRHVpcin the workH4399
HRHNcfscof the houseH1004
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved