1. Then the prophets, Haggai the prophet, and Zechariah the son of Iddo, prophesied to the Jews in Judah and Jerusalem in the name of the God of Israel, Who was over them.
2. Then Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel and Jeshua the son of Jozadak rose up and began to build the house of God at Jerusalem. And with them were the prophets of God helping them.
3. At the same time Tattenai, governor of the province beyond the River, and Shethar-Boznai, and their companions, came to them and said this to them: “Who has commanded you to build this house and to make this wall?”
4. They also asked, “What are the names of the men who are building this building?”
5. But the eye of their God was upon the elders of the Jews, so that they could not cause them to stop until a report could go to Darius, and then a written reply be returned concerning it.
6. The copy of the letter which Tattenai, governor of the province beyond the River, and Shethar-Boznai, and his companions, the officials beyond the River, sent to Darius the king,
7. They sent a letter to him, in which this was written: “To Darius the king, all peace.
8. Let it be known to the king that we went into the province of Judea to the house of the great God, which is being built with great stones, and timber is being laid in the walls, and this work goes on with diligence and prospers in their hands.
9. Then we asked those elders and said this to them: ‘Who commanded you to build this house and furnish this wall?’
10. We also asked their names in order to notify you so that we might write the names of the men who are the chief of them.
11. And they returned this answer to us, saying, ‘We are the servants of the God of heaven and earth. And we build the house that was built many years ago, which a great king of Israel built and finished.
12. But because our fathers had provoked the God of heaven to wrath, He gave them into the hand of Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon, the Chaldean, who destroyed this house and carried the people away to Babylon.
13. But in the first year of Cyrus the king of Babylon, King Cyrus issued a decree to build this house of God.
14 And also the vessels of gold and silver from the house of God, which Nebuchadnezzar took out of the temple in Jerusalem and brought them into the temple of Babylon, those Cyrus the king took out of the temple of Babylon, and they were delivered to one whose name was Sheshbazzar, whom he had made governor.
15. And he said to him, “Take these vessels and go. Deposit them in the temple in Jerusalem, and let the house of God be built in His place.”
16. Then the same Sheshbazzar came and laid the foundation of the house of God which is in Jerusalem. And since that time even until now it has been in building, but is not yet finished.’
17. Now therefore, if it seems good to the king, let a search be made in the king’s treasure house there at Babylon, whether it is so that a decree was given from Cyrus the king to build this house of God at Jerusalem. And let the king send his pleasure to us concerning this matter.”
Then the prophets,H5029
ACARANpin the nameH8036
ARANcmscof the GodH426
ANpWho was over them.H5922
ARANpAnd with themH5974
ARASp3msAt the same timeH2166
ANcmscof the province beyondH5675
ACANpand their companions,H3675
AVqp3msto them andH3652
AVqrmpathis to them:H5922
ANcmsdATdand to makeH3635
But the eyeH5870
ACANcfscof their GodH426
ANcmpcof the Jews,H3062
ANgmpdATdso that they could notH3809
ACADa written replyH5407
ANcmscof the letterH104
ANcmscof the province beyondH5675
ACANpand his companions,H3675
Let it beH1934
AVQsmsato the kingH4430
AVqp1cpinto the provinceH4083
ARANpto the houseH1005
ARANcmscof the greatH7229
ACAPp3msis being builtH1124
ACANcmsais being laidH7761
AVurmsain the walls,H3797
AVurfsaon with diligenceH629
ACAVarmsain their hands.H3028
AVqp1cpthis to them:Hl
ARASp3mpin order to notify youH3046
ATrwe might writeH3790
ANcmscof the menH1400
ATrare the chief of them.H7217
And they returnedH8421
ANcmsdATdto us, saying,H560
ATrof the GodH426
ACANcfsdATdAnd we buildH1124
ARANcfscwhich a greatH7229
ANcmpdATdto wrath, He gaveH3052
APp3mpinto the handH3028
ACANcmsdATdaway to Babylon.H895
ACin the firstH2298
APp3mpinto the templeH1965
ANpand they were deliveredH3052
ACAVQp3mpto one whose nameH8036
ATrhe had madeH7761
And he saidH560
APp3mpin the templeH1965
ARANpand let the houseH1005
ATris in Jerusalem.H3390
ADit has been in building,H1124
AVurmsabut is notH3809
ANcmsdATdlet a search be madeH1240
AVMi3msin the king'sH4430
ACit is soH383
ARANpAnd let the kingH4430
ARASp1cpconcerning this matter."H1836
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved