1. And it came to pass in the days of Amraphel king of Shinar, Arioch king of Ellasar, Chedorlaomer king of Elam, and Tidal king of nations,
2. That they made war with Bera king of Sodom, and with Birsha king of Gomorrah, Shinab king of Admah, and Shemeber king of Zeboim, and the king of Bela, which is Zoar.
3. All these were joined together in the valley of Siddim, which is the Salt Sea.
5. And in the fourteenth year Chedorlaomer and the kings that were with him came and struck the giants in Ashteroth Karnaim, and the Zuzim in Ham, and the Emim in Shaveh Kiriathaim,
6. And the Horites in their Mount Seir, as far as the oak of Paran, which is by the wilderness.
7. And they returned, and came to En Mishpat, which is Kadesh, and struck all the country of the Amalekites, and also the Amorites who lived in Hazazon Tamar.
8. And the king of Sodom went out, and the king of Gomorrah, and the king of Admah, and the king of Zeboim, and the king of Bela (which is Zoar). And they joined battle against them in the valley of Siddim;
9. With Chedorlaomer the king of Elam, and with Tidal the king of nations, and Amraphel the king of Shinar, and Arioch the king of Ellasar, four kings against five.
10. And the valley of Siddim was full of asphalt pits. And the kings of Sodom and Gomorrah fled, and fell into them; and those who remained alive fled to the mountains.
11. And they took all the goods of Sodom and Gomorrah, and all their food, and went their way.
12. And they took Lot, Abram’s brother’s son, who lived in Sodom, and all his goods, and went away.
13. And there came one who had escaped. And he told Abram the Hebrew, for he lived in the plains of Mamre the Amorite, brother of Eshcol and brother of Aner. And these had a covenant with Abram.
14. And when Abram heard that his kinsman was taken captive, he armed his trained servants, born in his own house (three hundred and eighteen) and pursued them to Dan.
15. And he divided his forces against them by night, he and his servants. And he struck them, and pursued them to Hobah, which is on the left of Damascus.
16. And he brought back all the goods, and also brought back his kinsman Lot and his goods, and the women also, and the people.
17. And the king of Sodom went out to meet him after his return from the slaughter of Chedorlaomer and of the kings with him, at the valley of Shaveh, which is the king’s valley.
18. And Melchizedek the King of Salem brought forth bread and wine. And He was the Priest of the Most High God.
19. And He blessed him, and said, “Blessed be Abram of the Most High God, possessor of heaven and earth.
20. And blessed be the Most High God, Who has delivered your enemies into your hand.” And he gave Him tithes of all.
21. And the king of Sodom said to Abram, “Give me the people and take the goods for yourself.”
22. And Abram said to the king of Sodom, “I have lifted up my hand to the LORD, the Most High God, the possessor of heaven and earth,
23. That I will take nothing that is yours—from a thread even to a sandal strap—lest you say, ‘I have made Abram rich.’
24. Nothing for me, only that which the young men have eaten, and the portion of the men who went with me, Aner, Eshcol, and Mamre—let them take their portion.”
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved