1. And Abraham moved from there toward the south country, and lived between Kadesh and Shur, and stayed in Gerar.
2. And Abraham said of Sarah his wife, “She is my sister.” And Abimelech the king of Gerar sent and took Sarah.
3. But God came to Abimelech in a dream by night and said to him, “Behold, you are about to die because of the woman whom you have taken—for she is a man’s wife.”
4. But Abimelech had not come near her. And he said, “LORD, will You also kill a righteous nation?
5. Did he not say to me, ‘She is my sister?’ And she, even she herself said, ‘He is my brother.’ In the sincerity of my heart and innocence of my hands I have done this.”
6. And God said to him in a dream, “Yes, I know that you did this in the sincerity of your heart; for I also withheld you from sinning against Me. Therefore I did not allow you to touch her.
7. Now therefore, restore his wife to the man; for he is a prophet, and he shall pray for you, and you shall live. And if you do not restore her, know that you shall surely die, you and all that are yours.”
8. And Abimelech rose early in the morning and called all his servants, and told all these things in their ears. And the men were greatly afraid.
9. Then Abimelech called Abraham, and said to him, “What have you done to us? In what have I offended you, that you have brought on me and on my kingdom a great sin? You have done deeds to me that ought not to be done.”
10. And Abimelech said to Abraham, “What did you foresee that has caused you to do this thing?”
11. And Abraham said, “Because I thought, surely the fear of God is not in this place, and they will kill me for my wife’s sake.
12. And yet truly she is my sister. She is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother. And she became my wife.
13. And it came to pass when God caused me to wander from my father’s house, that I said to her, ‘This is your kindness which you should show to me, at every place where we shall go, say of me, “He is my brother.” ’ ”
14. And Abimelech took sheep and oxen, and men servants and women servants, and gave them to Abraham. And he restored to him Sarah his wife.
15. And Abimelech said, “Behold, my land is before you. Live where it pleases you.”
16. And to Sarah he said, “Behold, I have given your brother a thousand pieces of silver. Behold, it is to you a covering of the eyes to all that are with you—and with all men you are made right.”
17. And Abraham prayed to God, and God healed Abimelech and his wife and his maidservants, and they gave birth,
18. For the LORD had closed up all the wombs of the house of Abimelech because of Sarah, Abraham’s wife.
HRHDtoward the southH5045
HPp3fsis my sister."H269
HNpin a dreamH2472
HTmHSp2msareabout to dieH4191
HTryou have taken—H3947
HCHPp3fsis a man'sH1167
HRHSp3fsAnd he said,H559
HNcmpcHSp1cswill You alsoH1571
HNcmscHSp1csIn the sincerityH8537
HRHNcmscof my heartH3824
HCHRHNcmscof my handsH3709
HNcfdcHSp1csI have doneH6213
HRHSp3msin a dream,H2472
HPdxfsin the sincerityH8537
HRHNcmscof your heart;H3824
HTmI did notH3808
HNcfscto the man;H376
HNcmsaand he shall prayH6419
HRHSp2msand you shall live.H2421
HCHCyou do notH369
HCyou shall surelyH4191
HCHVhw3msin the morningH1242
HTdHNcmpain their ears.H241
HRHNcfdcHSp3mpAnd the menH376
HTihave you doneH6213
HCHTihave I offendedH2398
HCyou have broughtH935
HNcfsaYou have doneH6213
HTnto be done."H6213
HCHVqw3ms"Because I thought,H559
HRdHNcmsaand they will kill meH2026
HDshe ismy sister.H269
HPp3fs isthe daughterH1323
HNcfscof my father,H1
HNcfscof my mother.H517
HNcfscHSp1csAnd she becameH1961
And it came to passH1961
HVhp3cpfrom my father'sH1
HRHNcmscthat I saidH559
HTryou should showH6213
HTrwe shall go,H935
HCHNcbsaand men servantsH5650
HCHNcmpaand women servants,H8198
HRHNpAnd he restoredH7725
And to SarahH8283
HTmI have givenH5414
HAcbsapieces of silver.H3701
HNcfscof the eyesH5869
HNcmsamen you are made right."H3198
HNcfscHSp3msand his maidservants,H519
HCHNcfpcHSp3msand they gave birth,H3205
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved