1. And the LORD visited Sarah as He had said. And the LORD did to Sarah as He had spoken,
2. For Sarah conceived and bore Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to him.
3. And Abraham called the name of his son that was born to him (whom Sarah bore to him) Isaac.
4. And Abraham circumcised his son Isaac, when he was eight days old, as God had commanded him.
5. And Abraham was a hundred years old when his son Isaac was born to him.
6. And Sarah said, “God has made me laugh, so that all who hear will laugh with me.”
7. And she said, “Who could have said to Abraham that Sarah would suckle children? For I have borne a son to him in his old age.”
8. And the child grew and was weaned, and Abraham made a great feast the day that Isaac was weaned.
9. And Sarah saw the son of Hagar the Egyptian (whom she had borne to Abraham) mocking.
10. And she said to Abraham, “Cast out this maidservant and her son, for the son of this maidservant shall not be heir with my son, with Isaac.
11. And the thing was very grievous in Abraham’s sight because of his son.
12. And God said to Abraham, “Let it not be grievous in your sight because of the boy and because of your maidservant. In all that Sarah has said to you, hearken to her words, for in Isaac your seed shall be called.
13. And also, I will make a nation of the son of the maidservant because he is your seed.”
14. And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and took bread and a skin of water, and gave it to Hagar, putting it on her shoulder. And he gave her the boy, and sent her away. And she departed and wandered in the wilderness of Beersheba.
15. And the water in the skin was gone, and she placed the boy under one of the shrubs.
16. And she went and sat down across from him a good way off, about a bowshot, for she said, “Let me not see the death of the boy.” And she sat across from him, and lifted up her voice and wept.
17. And God heard the voice of the boy, and the angel of God called to Hagar out of the heavens, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Do not fear, for God has heard the voice of the boy where he is.
18. Rise up, lift up the boy and hold him up with your hand, for I will make him a great nation.”
19. And God opened her eyes, and she saw a well of water; and she went and filled the skin with water, and gave a drink to the boy.
20. And God was with the boy, and he grew and lived in the wilderness, and became an archer.
21. And he lived in the wilderness of Paran, and his mother took a wife for him out of the land of Egypt.
22. And it came to pass at that time, Abimelech and Phicol, the commander of his army, spoke to Abraham, saying, “God is with you in all that you do.
23. Now therefore swear to me here by God that you will not deal falsely with me, nor with my son, nor with my son’s son. Do to me according to the kindness that I have done to you, and to the land in which you have lived.”
24. And Abraham said, “I will swear.”
25. And Abraham reproved Abimelech because of a well of water which Abimelech’s servants had violently seized.
26. And Abimelech said, “I do not know who has done this thing—neither did you inform me, nor have I even heard of it, except today.”
27. And Abraham took sheep and oxen and gave them to Abimelech, and both of them made a covenant.
28. And Abraham set seven ewe lambs of the flock by themselves.
29. And Abimelech said to Abraham, “What are these seven ewe lambs which you have set by themselves?”
30. And he said, “You shall take these seven ewe lambs from my hand, so that they may be a witness to me that I have dug this well.”
31. This is why he called that place The Well of the Living One Seeing Me, Heb. Beersheba because there they both swore an oath.
32. So they made a covenant at Beersheba. Then Abimelech and Phicol, the commander of his army, rose up. And they returned to the land of the Philistines.
33. And Abraham planted a tree in Beersheba, and there called on the name of the LORD, the everlasting God.
34. And Abraham lived in the Philistines’ land many days.
HNcmsain his old age,H2208
HRHNcmpcHSp3msat the set timeH4150
HNcmscof his sonH1121
HNcmscHSp3msthat was bornH3205
HNpwhen he was eightH8083
And she said,H559
HTicould have saidH4448
HCI have borneH3205
HNcmsato him in his old age."H2208
And the childH3206
HCHVqw3msand was weaned,H1580
And she saidH559
HNp"Let it notH408
HVqj3msin your sightH5869
HTdHNcmsaand because ofH5921
HVqv2msto her words,H6963
HNcmsashall be called.H7121
HNprose up earlyH7925
HCHVhw3msin the morning,H1242
HNcbsaand a skinH2573
HCHTohe gave her the boy,H3206
HTdHNcmsaand sent her away.H7971
HCHVpw3msHSp3fsAnd she departedH3212
HCHVqw3fsin the wildernessH4057
And she wentH3212
HCHVqw3fsand sat downH3427
HRHRfrom him a good way off,H7368
HVhaabout a bowshot,H2909
HVqp3fs"Let me notH408
HRHNcmscof the boy."H3206
HTdHNcmsaAnd she satH3427
HRHRfrom him, and lifted upH5375
HNcmscof the boy,H5288
HTdHNcmsaand the angelH4397
HNcmscof the boyH5288
HToup with your hand,H3027
HCI will make himH7760
HNcbdcHSp3fsand she sawH7200
HNcmpaand she wentH3212
HNcmpaand gave a drinkH8248
HToto the boy.H5288
HTdHNcmsaand he grewH1431
HCHVqw3msin the wilderness,H4057
And it came to passH1961
HNcmscof his army,H6635
HNcmpais with youH5973
HRHNcmpathat you will notH518
HRHSp1csnor with my son,H5209
HCHRHNcmscHSp1csnor with my son's son.H5220
HRHSp1csaccording to the kindnessH2617
HTrI have doneH6213
HCHRto the landH776
HTryou have lived."H1481
HNcfpcof a wellH875
HNcmpchad violently seized.H1497
HCHVqw3ms"I do notH3808
HVqp1csof it, exceptH1115
HTryou have setH5324
And he said,H559
HC"You shall takeH3947
HNcfpafrom my hand,H3027
HRHNcmscthey may beH1961
HCI have dugH2658
This is whyH5921
HRdHNcmsaThe Well of the Living One Seeing Me,H884
HAcmdcHSp3mpswore an oath.H7650
So they madeH3772
HNcmscof his army,H6635
HCHVqw3msAnd they returnedH7725
HNcbscof the Philistines.H6430
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved