1. Then Isaac called Jacob and blessed him, and commanded him. And he said to him, “You shall not take a wife of the daughters of Canaan.
2. Arise, go to Padan Aram, to the house of Bethuel your mother’s father. And take a wife from there of the daughters of Laban your mother’s brother.
3. And may God Almighty bless you, and make you fruitful, and multiply you, so that you may be a multitude of people.
4. And may He give you the blessing of Abraham, to you and to your seed with you, so that you may inherit the land in which you are a stranger, which God gave to Abraham.”
5. So Isaac sent Jacob away. And he went to Padan Aram, to Laban, son of Bethuel the Syrian, the brother of Rebekah, the mother of Jacob and Esau.
6. Now Esau saw that Isaac had blessed Jacob and had sent him away to Padan Aram in order to take a wife from there—and that as he blessed him, he gave him a command, saying, “You shall not take a wife of the daughters of Canaan”—
7. And that Jacob obeyed his father and his mother, and had gone to Padan Aram.
8. Now when Esau saw that the daughters of Canaan did not please Isaac his father,
9. Esau went to Ishmael, and took Mahalath the daughter of Ishmael, Abraham’s son, the sister of Nebajoth, in addition to his other wives.
10. And Jacob went out from Beersheba and went toward Haran.
11. And he came upon a certain place, and stayed there all night because the sun had set. And he took one of the stones of that place and placed it at his head. And he lay down in that place to sleep.
12. And he dreamed. And behold, a ladder was set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven! And behold, the angels of God were ascending and descending on it!
13. And behold, the LORD stood above it, and said, “I am the LORD, the God of Abraham your father, and the God of Isaac. The land on which you lie I will give to you and to your seed.
14. And your seed shall be like the dust of the earth, and you shall spread abroad to the west and to the east and to the north and to the south. And in you and in your seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed.
15. And, behold, I am with you, and will keep you in every place where you go, and will bring you again into this land, for I will not leave you until I have done that which I have spoken of to you.”
16. And Jacob awoke from his sleep, and said, “Surely the LORD is in this place, and I did not know it.”
17. And he was afraid and said, “How fearful is this place! This is nothing but the house of God, and this is the gate of Heaven!”
18. So Jacob rose up early in the morning, and took the stone which he had put at his head, and set it as a memorial pillar, and poured oil upon the top of it.
19. And he called the name of that place The House of God. Bethel But the name of that city was Luz at first.
20. Then Jacob made a vow, saying, “Since God will be with me, and will keep me in the way that I go, and will give me bread to eat and clothing to put on,
21. And I come again to my father’s house in peace, then shall the LORD be my God.
22. And this stone which I have set for a pillar shall be God’s house. And of all that You shall give me, I will surely give the tenth to You.”
HToHSp3msand commanded him.H6680
HCHVpw3msHSp3msAnd he saidH559
HRHSp3ms"You shall notH3808
HNcfsaof the daughtersH1323
HVqv2msto Padan Aram,H6307
HNpHSdto the houseH1004
HRHDof the daughtersH1323
And may GodH410
HToHSp2msand make you fruitful,H6509
HCHVhj3msHSp2msand multiply you,H7235
HCHVhj3msHSp2msso that you may beH1961
And may He giveH5414
HRHSp2msand to your seedH2233
HRHSp2msso that you may inheritH3423
HNcbscin which you are a stranger,H4033
HNpaway. And he wentH3212
HNpand had sentH7971
HToHSp3msaway to Padan AramH6307
HNpHSdin order to takeH3947
HRHDand that as he blessedH1288
HToHSp3mshe gave himH5921
HRHVqc"You shall notH3808
HNcfsaof the daughtersH1323
HNpin addition toH5921
And he cameH6293
HCHVqw3msupon a certain place,H4725
HRdHNcmsaand stayed thereH8033
HVqp3msAnd he tookH3947
HCHVqw3msone of the stonesH68
HRHNcfpcof that placeH4725
HCHVqw3msitat his head.H4763
HNcfpcHSp3msAnd he lay downH7901
And he dreamed.H2492
HNcmsawas set upH5324
HVHsmsaon the earth,H776
HNcbsaHSdand the top of itH7218
HCHVqw3ms"I am the LORD,H3068
HNcmscHSp2msand the GodH430
HRHSp2msand to your seed.H2233
And your seedH2233
HCHVqq3mslike the dustH6083
HRHNcmscof the earth,H776
HTdHNcbsaand you shall spread abroadH6555
HCHVqq2msto the westH3220
HNcmsaHSdand to the eastH6924
HCHNcmsaHSdand to the northH6828
HCHNcfsaHSdand to the south.H5045
HCHNcmsaHSdAnd in youHb
HRHSp2msand in your seedH2233
HNcfpcof the earthH127
HRHSp2fsand will keep youH8104
HVqi2msand will bring you againH7725
HCI will notH3808
HCI have doneH6213
HTrI have spokenH1696
HVpp1csof to you."Hl
HCHVqw3msfrom his sleep,H8142
And he was afraidH3372
HNprose up earlyH7925
HCHVhw3msin the morning,H1242
HTrhe had putH7760
HVqp3msat his head,H4763
HToHSp3fsasa memorial pillar,H4676
HRthe top of it.H7218
And he calledH7121
HTdHNcmsaThe House of God.H1008
HNcmscof that cityH5892
HRHSp1csand will keep meH8104
HCHVqq3msHSp1csin the wayH1870
HVqrmsaand will giveH5414
HCHNcmsato put on,H3847
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved