1. And Joseph fell upon his father’s face, and wept upon him, and kissed him.
2. And Joseph commanded his servants the physicians, to embalm his father. And the physicians embalmed Israel.
3. And forty days were fulfilled for him, for so are fulfilled the days of those who are embalmed. And the Egyptians mourned for him seventy days.
4. And when the days of his mourning were past, Joseph spoke to the house of Pharaoh, saying, “If now I have found grace in your eyes, I pray you speak in the ears of Pharaoh saying,
5. ‘My father made me swear, saying, “Lo, I die. You shall bury me in my grave which I have prepared for me in the land of Canaan.” Now therefore, I pray you, let me go up and bury my father, and I will come again.’ ”
6. And Pharaoh said, “Go up and bury your father, according as he made you swear.”
7. And Joseph went up to bury his father. And all the servants of Pharaoh went up with him, the elders of his house, and all the elders of the land of Egypt,
8. And all the house of Joseph, his brothers, and his father’s house. They left only their little ones and their flocks and their herds in the land of Goshen.
9. And both chariots and horsemen went up with him. And it was a very great company.
10. And they came to the threshing floor of Atad, beyond Jordan, and there they mourned with a great and very sore lamentation. And he made a mourning for his father seven days.
11. And when the inhabitants of the land, the Canaanites, saw the mourning at the grain floor of Atad, and they said, “This is a grievous mourning to the Egyptians.” Therefore they called its name Meadow of Egypt, which is beyond Jordan.
12. And his sons did to him according as he commanded them,
13. For his sons carried him to the land of Canaan, and buried him in the cave of the field of Machpelah, which Abraham bought with the field for a burying place from Ephron the Hittite, before Mamre.
14. And Joseph returned to Egypt, he and his brothers, and all that went up with him to bury his father, after he had buried his father.
15. And when Joseph’s brothers saw that their father was dead, they said, “Joseph will perhaps hate us, and will certainly repay us all the evil which we did to him.”
16. And they sent a message to Joseph, saying, “Your father commanded before he died, saying,
17. ‘Thus shall you say to Joseph, “I beseech you now, forgive the trespass of your brothers and their sin, for they did evil to you.” ‘ And please now forgive the trespass of the servants of the God of your father.” And Joseph wept when they spoke to him.
18. And his brothers also went and fell down before his face. And they said, “Behold, we are your servants.”
19. And Joseph said to them, “Do not fear, for am I in the place of God?
20. But as for you, you thought evil against me, but God meant it for good to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save a great many people alive.
21. And now do not fear. I will nourish you and your little ones.” And he comforted them and spoke to their hearts.
22. And Joseph lived in Egypt, he and his father’s house. And Joseph lived a hundred and ten years.
23. And Joseph saw Ephraim’s sons of the third generation. Also the sons of Machir the son of Manasseh, were brought up upon Joseph’s knees.
24. And Joseph said to his brothers, “I am about to die. And God will surely visit you, and bring you out of this land into the land which He swore to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob.”
25. And Joseph took an oath of the sons of Israel, saying, “God will surely visit you, and you shall carry up my bones from here.”
26. So Joseph died, being a hundred and ten years old. And they embalmed him, and put him in a coffin in Egypt.
HNcmscHSp3msAnd the physiciansH7495
HNcmpcof those who are embalmed.H2590
HTdHNcmpaAnd the EgyptiansH4713
And when the daysH3117
HNcmpcof his mourningH1068
HTeI have foundH4672
HNcmsain your eyes,H5869
HVpv2mpin the earsH241
HNcmscHSp1csmade me swear,H7650
HVqrmsaYou shall bury meH6912
HDHSdin my graveH6913
HTrI have preparedH3738
HRHSp1csin the landH776
HCHDI pray you,H4994
HTjlet me go upH5927
HNcmscHSp1csand I will come again.'”H7725
HAampcof his house,H1004
HAampcof the landH776
HCHNcmpcHSp3msand his father'sH1
HTatheir little onesH2945
HNcmscHSp3mpand their flocksH6629
HCHNcbscHSp3mpand their herdsH1241
HCHNcbscHSp3mpin the landH776
And they cameH935
HRthe threshing floorH1637
HNcmsawith a greatH1419
HCHVqw3mpAnd he madeH6213
HNcmsafor his fatherH1
And when the inhabitantsH3427
HVqrmscof the land,H776
HTdHNcmsaat the grain floorH1637
HNpand they said,H559
HNcmsato the Egyptians."H4713
HNcmscHSp3fsMeadow of Egypt,H67
For his sonsH1121
HToHSp3msto the landH776
HToHSp3msin the caveH4631
HRHNcfscof the fieldH7704
HTowith the fieldH7704
HRHNcfscfor a burying placeH6913
HPp3msand his brothers,H251
HCHNcmscthat went upH5927
HRhe had buriedH6912
And when Joseph'sH3130
HVqi3msHSp1cpand will certainlyH7725
HDshall you sayH559
HNcmscof your brothersH251
HNcmpcHSp2msand their sin,H2403
HNcfsato you." ' And pleaseH4994
HRHNcmscof the servantsH5650
HNcmpcof the GodH430
HNcmpcof your father."H1
HCHVqw3mswhen they spokeH1696
And his brothersH251
HCHVqw3mpand fell downH5307
HCHVqw3mpbefore his face.H6440
HRHNcbpcHSp3msAnd they said,H559
But as for you,H859
HRbring to pass,H6213
HVqcas it is thisH2088
HRdHNcmsato save a great manyH7227
HCHToyour little ones."H2945
HNcmscHSp2mpAnd he comfortedH5162
HPp3msand his father'sH1
HNcmpcof the thirdH8029
HNpwere brought upH3205
HPp1csam about to die.H4191
HToHSp2mpand bring you outH5927
HRHNpand to Jacob."H3290
HNptook an oathH7650
HToof the sonsH1121
HToHSp2mpand you shall carry upH5927
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved