1. And Jacob called to his sons and said, “Gather yourselves together, that I may tell you what shall happen to you in the last days.
2. Gather yourselves together and hear, sons of Jacob, and hearken to Israel your father.
3. Reuben, you are my firstborn, my might, and the beginning of my strength, the excellency of dignity and the excellency of power.
4. Unstable Reckless or overboiling as water, you shall not excel because you went up to your father’s bed; then you defiled it. He went up to my couch.
5. Simeon and Levi are brothers; tools of violence are their weapons.
6. Oh my soul, do not come into their council. Let not my honor be united with their assembly, for in their anger they killed a man, and in their self-will they hamstrung oxen.
7. Let their anger be cursed, for it was fierce; and their wrath, for it was cruel. I will divide them in Jacob, and scatter them in Israel.
8. Judah, may your brothers praise you. May your hand be on the neck of your enemies. May your father’s sons bow before you.
9. Judah is a lion’s whelp. My son, you have gone up from the prey. He stooped, he crouched like a lion; and like a lioness, who shall rouse him?
11. Binding His foal to the vine, and His donkey’s colt to the choice vine, He washed His garments in wine, and His clothes in the blood of grapes.
12. His eyes are more sparkling than wine, and His teeth are whiter than milk.
13. Zebulun shall live at the seashore. And he shall be a haven for ships, and his border beside Sidon.
14. Issachar is a strong donkey crouching down between the sheepfolds.
15. And he saw that rest was good and that the land was pleasant. And he bowed his shoulder to bear a burden, and became a tribute-servant.
16. Dan shall judge his people, as one of the tribes of Israel.
17. Dan shall be a serpent by the way, an adder in the path, that bites the horse’s heels, so that its rider shall fall backward.
18. I have waited for Your salvation, O LORD.
19. Gad, raiders shall attack him, but he shall overcome at the last.
20. Out of Asher his bread shall be rich, and he shall yield royal dainties.
21. Naphtali is a deer let loose. He gives goodly words.
22. Joseph is a fruitful bough, a fruitful bough by a well, whose branches run over the wall.
23. The archers have fiercely attacked him and have shot at him, and hated him.
24. But his bow abode in strength, and the arms of his hands were made strong by the hands of the mighty God of Jacob—from there is the Shepherd, the Stone of Israel—
25. By the God of your father, Who shall help you. And may the Almighty bless you with blessings of heaven above, blessings of the deep that lies beneath, blessings of the breasts and of the womb.
26. The blessings of your father are greater than the blessings of my ancestors, to the utmost bound of the everlasting hills. They shall be on the head of Joseph, and on the crown of the head of him, the ruler, the leader who was separated from his brothers.
27. Benjamin is a wolf that tears in pieces. In the morning he shall devour the prey, and at night he shall divide the spoil.”
28. All these were the twelve tribes of Israel. And this is what their father spoke to them, and blessed them; everyone according to his blessing, he blessed them.
29. And he charged them and said to them, “I am to be gathered to my people. Bury me with my fathers in the cave that is in the field of Ephron the Hittite,
30. In the cave that is in the field of Machpelah, which is before Mamre, in the land of Canaan, the field which Abraham bought from Ephron the Hittite for a burial site.
31. They buried Abraham and his wife Sarah there, and they buried Isaac and his wife Rebekah. And I buried Leah there—
32. The field was purchased, and the cave in it, from the sons of Heth.”
33. When Jacob finished commanding his sons, he drew his feet up into the bed. And he expired, and was gathered to his people.
HCHVqw3ms"Gather yourselves together,H622
HVNv2mpthat I may tellH5046
HToHSp2mpin the lastH319
HNcmscHSp1csand the beginningH7225
HCHNcfscof my strength,H202
HNcfsaand the excellencyH3499
HRdHNcmpayou shall notH408
HCyou went upH5927
HVqp2msto your father'sH1
HVpp2msit. He went upH5927
HVqp3msto my couch.H3326
Oh my soul,H5315
HVqj3fsinto their council.H5475
HVqj3fswith their assembly,H6951
HCin their angerH639
HNcmsaand in their self-willH7522
Let their angerH639
HAamsaand their wrath,H5678
HCit was cruel.H7185
HVqp3fsI will divide themH2505
HRHNpand scatter themH6327
HNpmay your brothersH251
HPp2msMay your handH3027
HNcbscHSp2msbeon the neckH6203
HRHNcmscof your enemies.H341
HVqrmpcHSp2msMay your father'sH1
HNcmscHSp1csyou have gone upH5927
HVqp2msfrom the prey.H2964
HVqp3mslike a lion;H738
HRHNcmsaand like a lioness,H3833
HTishall rouse him?H6965
HRHNpnor a lawgiverH2710
HVqi3msAnd to HimHl
HCHRHSp3msshall be the obedienceH3349
HNcfscof the people.H5971
HNcmscHSp3msto the vine,H1612
HRdHNcbsaand His donkey'sH860
HNcmscto the choice vine,H8321
HRdHNcmsaand His clothesH5497
HNcmscHSp3msin the bloodH1818
HVqi3msat the seashore.H2348
HCHPp3msshall bea havenH2348
HNcfpaand his borderH3411
And he sawH7200
HVqp3fsAnd he bowedH5186
HRHVqca burden, and becameH1961
HNcmpcso that its riderH7392
But his bowH7198
HRHAamsaand the armsH2220
HNcbpcof his handsH3027
HNcbdcHSp3mswere made strongH6339
HCHVqw3mpby the handsH3027
HRHNcbdcof the mightyH46
HAamscGod of Jacob—H3290
HRHDis the Shepherd,H7462
By the GodH410
HRHNcmscof your father,H1
HNcmscHSp2msWho shall help you.H5826
HCHVqi3msHSp2msAnd may the AlmightyH7706
HNcfpcof the deepH8415
HNcfpcof the breastsH7699
HNcmdaand of the womb.H7356
HNcfpcof your fatherH1
HNcfpcof my ancestors,H2029
HRthe utmost boundH8379
HNcfscof the everlastingH5769
HNcfpcThey shall beH1961
HVqi3fpon the headH7218
HNpand on the crown of the head of him, the ruler, the leaderH6936
HCHRHNcmscwho was separatedH5139
HNcmscfrom his brothers.H251
HNpis a wolfH2061
HNcmsathat tears in pieces.H2963
HVqi3msIn the morningH1242
HRdHNcmsahe shall devourH398
HNcmsaand at nightH6153
HCHRdHNcmsahe shall divideH2505
HNcmsaaccording to his blessing,H1293
And he chargedH6680
HPp1csam to be gatheredH622
HTris in the fieldH7704
In the caveH4631
HTrisin the fieldH7704
HNpin the landH776
HTdHNgmsafor a burialH6913
HNpAnd I buriedH6912
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved