1. And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and when daughters were born to them,
2. That the sons of the mighty ones saw the daughters of men, that they were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves from all whom they chose.
4. There were tyrants Also means giants or those who have fallen away from God. on the earth in those days, and also after that, the sons of God (see Scriptural meaning) came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. They were mighty men who existed of old, men of renown.
6. And the LORD repented that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.
7. And the LORD said, “I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, and the crawling thing, and the fowl of the air; for I repent that I have made them.”
10. And Noah begat three sons: Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
11. Now the earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
12. And God looked upon the earth, and behold, it was corrupt—for all flesh had corrupted its way upon the earth.
13. And God said to Noah, “The end of all flesh has come before Me, for the earth is filled with violence through them. And, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
14. Make an ark of cypress timbers. You shall make rooms in the ark, and you shall pitch it inside and outside with pitch.
15. And this is the way you shall make it: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it shall be fifty cubits and its height thirty cubits. a cubit is about 18 inches
16. You shall make a window in the ark, and you shall finish it to a cubit from above; and you shall set the door of the ark in the side of it. You shall make it with lower, second and third stories.
17. And behold, I, even I am bringing a flood of waters upon the earth in order to destroy all flesh—in which is the breath of life—from under heaven. Everything which is upon the earth shall die.
18. But I will establish My covenant with you. And you shall come into the ark—you and your sons and your wife, and your sons’ wives with you.
19. And you shall bring into the ark two of every kind, of every living thing of all flesh, to keep them alive with you; they shall be male and female.
20. Two of every kind shall come to you to keep them alive—of fowls after their kind, and of animals after their kind, of every crawling thing of the earth after its kind.
21. And take for yourself all that is eaten as food, and you shall gather it for yourself; and it shall be for food, for you and for them.”
22. Noah did so, according to all that God commanded him, so he did.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved