1. And the LORD said to Noah, “You and all your house shall come into the ark; for you, I have seen righteous before Me in this generation.
3. Also take of the fowls of the air by sevens, the male and the female, to keep their kind alive upon the face of all the earth;
4. For in seven more days, I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and I will destroy from off the face of the earth every living thing that I have made.”
5. And Noah did according to all that the LORD commanded him.
6. And Noah was six hundred years old when the flood of waters began upon the earth.
7. And Noah went in; and his sons and his wife and his sons’ wives went with him into the ark because of the waters of the flood.
8. Of the clean animals, and of the animals that were not clean, and of the fowls, and of every thing that crawls upon the earth,
9. Two by two they went unto Noah into the ark, male and female, as God had commanded Noah.
10. And it came to pass after seven days, that the waters of the flood came upon the earth.
11. In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on this day all the fountains of the great deep were broken up, and the windows of the heavens were opened.
12. And the rain fell upon the earth forty days and forty nights.
13. On this same day, Noah and Shem and Ham and Japheth, the sons of Noah, and Noah’s wife, and the three wives of his sons with them, entered into the ark.
14. They went in, and every animal after its kind, and all the livestock after their kind, and every crawling thing that crawls upon the earth after its kind, and every fowl after its kind, every bird of every sort.
15. And they went to Noah into the ark, two by two of all flesh in which is the breath of life.
16. And they that entered went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commanded him; and the LORD shut him in.
17. And the flood was upon the earth forty days, and the waters increased and bore up the ark, and it was lifted up above the earth.
18. And the waters prevailed and increased greatly upon the earth; and the ark floated upon the face of the waters.
19. And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth, and all the high hills that were under the heavens were covered.
20. The waters prevailed fifteen cubits upward, and the mountains were covered.
21. And all flesh that moved upon the face of the earth died—of birds, of livestock, of animals, and of every crawling thing that crawls upon the earth, and every man—
22. And all who breathed the breath of life, of all that was upon the dry land—died.
23. And every living thing which was upon the face of the earth was destroyed, from man to livestock, and to the crawling things, and the fowls of the heavens. And they were destroyed from the earth, and only Noah remained alive, and those that were with him in the ark.
24. And the waters prevailed upon the earth a hundred and fifty days.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved