1. Therefore, we should fear, lest perhaps, a promise being open to enter into His rest, any of you might seem to come short.
2. For truly, we have had the gospel preached to us, even as they also did; but the preaching of the word did not profit them because it was not mixed with faith in those who heard.
3. For we who have believed, we ourselves are entering into the rest, as He has said, “So I swore in My wrath, ‘If they shall enter into My rest—’ ” although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
5. And again concerning this: “If they shall enter into My rest—”
6. Consequently, since it remains for some to enter into it, and those who had previously heard the gospel did not enter in because of disobedience,
7. Again He marks out a certain day, “Today,” saying in David after so long a time (exactly as it has been quoted above), “Today, if you will hear His voice, harden not your hearts.”
8. For if Joshua had given them rest, He would not have spoken long afterwards of another day.
9. There remains, therefore, Sabbathkeeping for the people of God. (see Appendix N-a)
10. For the one who has entered into His rest, he also has ceased from his works, just as God did from His own works.
11. We should be diligent therefore to enter into that rest, lest anyone fall after the same example of disobedience.
12. For the Word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of both soul and spirit, and of both the joints and the marrow, and is able to discern the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13. And there is not a created thing that is not manifest in His sight; but all things are naked and laid bare before the eyes of Him to Whom we must give account.
15. For we do not have a high priest who cannot empathize with our weaknesses, but One Who was tempted in all things according to the likeness of our own temptations; yet He was without sin.
16. Therefore, we should come with boldness to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved