2. Who was faithful to Him Who appointed Him, even as Moses was in all His house.
3. For He has been counted worthy of greater glory than Moses, even as He Who built the house has so much more honor than the house itself.
4. For every house is built by someone, but He Who built all things is God.
5. Now on the one hand, Moses was faithful in all his house, as a ministering servant, for a testimony of those things which were going to be spoken afterwards.
6. But on the other hand, Christ was faithful as the Son over His own house; Whose house we are, if we are truly holding fast the confidence and rejoicing of the hope firm to the end.
7. For this reason, even as the Holy Spirit says, “Today, if you will hear His voice,
9. Where your fathers tempted Me and tried Me, and saw My works forty years.
10. Because of this, I was indignant with that generation, and said, ‘They are always going astray in their hearts, and they have not known My ways.’
11. So I swore in My wrath, ‘If they shall enter into My rest—’ ”
12. Beware, brethren, lest perhaps there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in apostatizing from the living God.
13. Rather, be encouraging one another each day, while it is called “today,” so that none of you become hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.
14. For we are companions of Christ, if we truly hold the confidence that we had at the beginning steadfast until the end.
15. As it is being said, “Today, if you will hear His voice, do not harden your hearts, as in the rebellion.”
16. For some, after hearing, did rebel, but not all who came out of Egypt by Moses.
17. But with whom was He indignant for forty years? Was it not with those who had sinned, whose dead bodies were strewn in the wilderness?
18. And to whom did He swear that they would not enter into His rest, except to those who had disobeyed?
19. So we see that they were not able to enter in because of unbelief.
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved