1. For this reason, it is imperative that we give much greater attention to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should slip away.
2. For if the word spoken by angels was enforced without fail, and every transgression and disobedience received just recompense,
4. God also bearing witness with them by both signs and wonders, and various miracles and gifts of the Holy Spirit, according to His own will?
5. For it is not to the angels that He has placed in subjection the world that is to come, of which we are speaking.
6. But in a certain place one fully testified, saying, “What is man, that You are mindful of him, or the son of man, that You visit him?
7. You did make him a little lower than the angels; You did crown him with glory and honor, and You did set him over the works of Your hands;
8. You did put all things in subjection under his feet.” For in subjecting all things to him, He left nothing that was not subjected to him. But now we do not yet see all things subjected to him.
9. But we see Jesus, Who was made a little lower than the angels, crowned with glory and honor on account of suffering the death, in order that by the grace of God He Himself might taste death for everyone;
10. Because it was fitting for Him, for Whom all things were created, and by Whom all things exist, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the Author of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
11. For both He Who is sanctifying and those who are sanctified are all of one; for which cause He is not ashamed to call them brethren,
12. Saying, “I will declare Your name to My brethren; in the midst of the church I will sing praise to You.”
13. And again, “I will be trusting in Him.” And again, “Behold, I and the children whom God has given Me.”
14. Therefore, since the children are partakers of flesh and blood, in like manner He also took part in the same, in order that through death He might annul him who has the power of death—that is, the devil;
15. And that He might deliver those who were subject to bondage all through their lives by their fear of death.
16. For surely, He is not taking upon Himself to help the angels; but He is taking upon Himself to help the seed of Abraham.
17. For this reason, it was obligatory for Him to be made like His brethren in everything that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, in order to make propitiation for the sins of the people.
18. For because He Himself has suffered, having been tempted in like manner, He is able to help those who are being tempted.
PREPit is imperativeG1163
P-1APgive much greaterG4056
V-PANto the things whichG3588
T-DPNwe have heard,G191
PRT-Nat any timeG4218
ADVwe should slip away.G3901
V-2ADI-3Senforced without fail,G949
V-FDI-1Pif we have neglectedG272
V-2AAP-NSFwhen it was spokenG2980
N-GSMand was confirmedG950
N-GSMalso bearing witnessG4901
V-PAP-GSMwith them by bothG5037
N-DPMof the HolyG40
CONJit is notG3756
PRT-Nto the angelsG32
N-DPMthat He has placed in subjectionG5293
T-ASFis to come,G3195
R-GSFwe are speaking.G2980
CONJin a certain placeG4225
CONJYou are mindfulG3403
You did make himG846
N-APMYou did crownG4737
CONJYou did setG2525
You did put all thingsG3956
T-DSNwas not subjectedG506
ADVwe do not yetG3768
T-ASMwas made a littleG1024
N-GSMin order thatG3704
CONJby the graceG5485
N-GSMHe Himself might tasteG1089
CONJit was fittingG4241
A-NPNwere created, andG2532
A-NPNexist, in bringingG71
N-ASFto make theG3588
N-ASFHe is notG3756
V-PAP-NSM"I will declareG518
A-DSNof the churchG1577
N-GSFI will sing praiseG5214
N-GSNin like mannerG3898
P-GPNin order thatG2443
N-GSMHe might annulG2673
CONJthat He might deliverG525
PRTHe is notG3756
PRT-Ntaking upon Himself to helpG1949
CONJHe is taking upon Himself to helpG1949
For this reason,G3606
CONJit was obligatory for HimG3784
V-IAI-3Sto be made likeG3666
CONJHe might beG1096
N-ASMin order toG1519
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved