3. Who, being the brightness of His glory and the exact image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His own power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high;
4. Having been made so much greater than any of the angels, inasmuch as He has inherited a name exceedingly superior to them.
5. For to which of the angels did He ever say, “You are My Son; this day I have begotten You”? And again, “I will be a Father to Him, and He will be a Son to Me”?
6. And again, when He brought the Firstborn into the world, He said, “Let all the angels of God worship Him.”
7. Now on the one hand, of the angels He says, “Who makes His angels spirits, and His ministers a flame of fire.”
8. But on the other hand, of the Son He says, “Your throne, O God, is into the ages of eternity; a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
9. You loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; because of this, God, even Your God, has anointed You with the oil of gladness above Your companions.”
10. And, “You, Lord, in the beginning did lay the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of Your hands.
11. They will perish, but You remain forever; and they will all grow old like a garment,
12. And You will roll them up like a covering, and they shall be changed; but You are the same, and Your years will not end.”
13. But unto which of the angels did He ever say, “Sit at My right hand, until I make our enemies a footstool for Your feet”?
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved