2. And to Whom Abraham gave a tenth part of all; on the one hand, being interpreted King of Righteousness; and on the other hand, King of Salem, which is King of Peace;
3. Without father, without mother, without genealogy; having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but having been made like the Son of God, remains a Priest forever.
4. But consider how great this one was to Whom even the patriarch Abraham gave a tenth of the spoils.
5. For on the one hand, those from among the sons of Levi who receive the priesthood are commanded by the law to collect tithes from the people—that is, from their brethren—even though they are all descended from Abraham;
6. But on the other hand, He Who was not descended from them received tithes from Abraham, and blessed him who had the promises.
8. And in the first case, men who die receive tithes; but in the other case, He received tithes of Whom it is witnessed that He lives forever.
9. And in one sense, Levi, who receives tithes, also gave tithes through Abraham;
10. For he was still in his forefather’s loins when Melchisedec met him.
11. Therefore, if perfection was indeed possible through the Levitical priesthood— for the law that the people had received was based on it—what further need was there for another priest to arise according to the order of Melchisedec,and not to be named after the order of Aaron?
13. Because the One of Whom these things are said belongs to another tribe, from which no one was appointed to serve at the altar.
14. For it is quite evident that our Lord has descended from Judah, of which tribe Moses spoke nothing concerning the priesthood.
15. And it is even more evident because a different Priest arises according to the order of Melchisedec;
18. For there is indeed an annulment of the earlier commandment delivered to Aaron because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
20. And according to this superior measure, it was not without the swearing of an oath that He was made a Priest. (For those who descend from Aaron are made priests without the swearing of an oath;
21. But He was made a Priest with the swearing of an oath by Him Who says concerning Him, “The Lord swore and will not revoke His word, ‘You are a Priest forever according to the order of Melchisedec.’ “)
22. By such a greater measure then, Jesus was made the Guarantor of a superior covenant.
23. Now in the one case, there were many priests because they were not able to continue to serve by reason of death;
24. But in the other case, because He is living forever, His priesthood never changes.
26. For it is fitting that we should have such a High Priest Who is holy, blameless, undefiled, set apart from sinners and made higher than the heavens;
27. Who has no need, as do the other high priests, to offer up sacrifices day by day, first for his own sins and then for the sins of the people; for this He did once for all time when He offered up Himself.
28. For the priestly law makes high priests of men who have weaknesses;but by the word of the swearing of the oath, which supersedes the priestly law, the Son, Who has been perfected forever, has been made High Priest.
N-DSM-Pas he was returningG5290
V-AAI-3Sa tenth partG1181
A-GPNon the one hand,G4412
CONJon the other hand,G1899
CONJhaving been made likeG871
D-NSMwas to WhomG3739
CONJon the one hand,G3303
PRTthose from amongG1537
N-ASMto collect tithesG586
CONJthey are all descendedG1831
But on the other hand,G1161
CONJin the first case,G5602
CONJin the other case,G1563
ADVHe received tithes of Whom it is witnessedG3140
CONJHe lives forever.G2198
N-NSMhad received was based onG1909
N-NSFwas there for anotherG2087
PRT-Nto be namedG3004
CONJthe One ofG1909
A-NSMwas appointed to serveG4337
CONJit is quite evidentG4271
PREPthe priestly lawG3551
N-ASMof a fleshlyG4559
N-NSFof the earlierG4254
N-GSFdelivered to Aaron becauseG1223
CONJperfection is brought aboutG1898
R-GSFwe draw nearG1448
PREPthis superior measure,G3745
K-ASNit was notG3756
PREPthe swearing of an oathG3728
N-GSFthat He was made a Priest. (ForG1063
T-NPMdescend from Aaron areG3303
PREPthe swearing of an oath;G3728
T-NSMwas made a PriestG2409
PREPthe swearing of an oathG3728
PRT-Nrevoke His word,G3338
P-2NSare a PriestG2409
CONJin the one case,G3303
N-NPMbecause they were not ableG2967
V-PANto serve by reason ofG1223
CONJin the other case,G3588
CONJHe has the powerG1410
P-GSMbecause He is everG3842
CONJit is fittingG4241
P-1DPshould have suchG5108
D-NSMa High PriestG749
N-NSMWho is holy,G3741
CONJdo the otherG3588
N-NPMto offer upG399
V-AAI-3Sonce for allG2178
ADVtime when He offered upG399
T-GSFswearing of the oath,G3728
N-ASMWho has been perfectedG5048
N-ASMhas been made High Priest.
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved