1. The vision of Isaiah the son of Amoz, which he saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah.
2. Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth; for the LORD has spoken, “I have reared and brought up children, but they have rebelled against Me.
3. The ox knows his owner, and the donkey his master’s crib; but Israel does not know Me; My people do not understand.”
4. Ah, sinful nation, a people burdened with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children who deal corruptly! They have forsaken the LORD; they have provoked the Holy One of Israel to anger; they have gone away backward.
5. Why should you be stricken any more? You will revolt more and more; the whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint.
6. From the sole of the foot even to the top of the head there is no soundness in it; only wounds and bruises and putrefying sores; they have not been closed, nor bound up, nor soothed with ointment.
7. Your country is a desolation, your cities are burned with fire. Strangers devour your land right in your very presence, and it is wasted, as overthrown by strangers.
8. And the daughter of Zion is left as a booth in a vineyard, like a hut in a garden of cucumbers, like a besieged city.
9. Except the LORD of hosts had left us a very small remnant, we would have been as Sodom; we would have become like Gomorrah.
10. Hear the Word of the LORD, rulers of Sodom; give ear to the law of our God, people of Gomorrah.
11. “To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices to Me?” says the LORD; “I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I do not delight in the blood of bulls, or of lambs, or of he-goats.
12. When you come to appear before Me, who has required this at your hand, to trample My courts?
13. Bring no more vain sacrifices; incense is an abomination to Me—new moon and Sabbath, the calling of assemblies; I cannot endure iniquity along with the solemn assembly!
14. Your new moons and your appointed feasts My soul hates; they are a trouble to Me; I am weary to bear them.
15. And when you spread forth your hands, I will hide My eyes from you; yea, when you make many prayers, I will not hear; your hands are full of blood.
16. Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean; put away the evil of your doings from before My eyes; cease to do evil;
17. Learn to do good; seek judgment, reprove the oppressor. Judge the orphan, plead for the widow.
18. Come now, and let us reason together,” says the LORD. “Though your sins are as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall be like wool.
19. If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land;
20. But if you refuse and rebel, you shall be devoured with the sword;” for the mouth of the LORD has spoken it.
21. How has the faithful city become a harlot? It was full of judgment; righteousness lodged in it—but now murderers.
22. Your silver has become dross, your wine mixed with water;
23. Your rulers are rebellious, and companions of thieves; everyone loves a bribe, and is pursuing rewards; they do not judge the orphan, nor does the cause of the widow come before them.
24. And the Lord, the LORD of Hosts, the Mighty One of Israel says, “Alas! I Myself will vent My wrath upon My foes, and avenge Myself of My enemies.
25. And I will turn back My hand upon you, and purge away your dross as with lye, and take away all your tin alloy.
26. And I will restore your judges as at the first, and your counselors as at the beginning; afterwards you shall be called The City of Righteousness, The Faithful City.”
27. Zion shall be redeemed with judgment, and those in her who repent with righteousness.
28. And the downfall of the transgressors and of the sinners shall be together; and those who forsake the LORD shall be consumed,
29. For they shall be ashamed of the oaks which you have desired, and you shall be confounded for the gardens which you have chosen,
30. For you shall be like an oak whose leaf fades, and like a garden that has no water.
31. And the strong shall be like a wick, and the maker of it as a spark, and they shall both burn together, and none shall put them out.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved