1. The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem.
2. And it shall come to pass, in the last days the mountain of the LORD’S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow into it.
3. And many people shall go and say, “Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob. And He will teach us of His ways, and we will walk in His paths.” For out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the Word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
4. And He shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.
5. O house of Jacob, come and let us walk in the light of the LORD,
6. For You have forsaken Your people, the house of Jacob, because they have become full of divinations from the east, and are fortunetellers like the Philistines. And they shake their hands with the children of strangers.
7. And their land is full of silver and gold. There is no end of their treasures and their land is full of horses; neither is there any end of their chariots.
8. And their land is full of idols; they worship the work of their own hands, that which their own fingers have made.
9. And men will be brought low, and humbled—forgive them not.
10. Enter into the rock and hide in the dust for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of His majesty.
11. The lofty looks of man shall be humbled, and the pride of men shall be bowed down, and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day,
12. For the day of the LORD of hosts shall be upon every proud and haughty one, and upon every exalted one; and they shall be brought low,
13. And it shall be upon all the high and lifted up cedars of Lebanon, and upon all the oaks of Bashan,
14. And upon all the high mountains, and upon all the hills that are lifted up,
15. And upon every high tower, and upon every fortified wall;
16. And upon all the ships of Tarshish, and upon all pleasurable craft.
17. And the pride of man shall be bowed down, and the haughtiness of men shall be made low; and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day.
18. And the idols He shall utterly abolish.
19. And they shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth for fear of the LORD and for the glory of His majesty, when He arises to shake terribly the earth.
20. In that day a man shall cast his idols of silver, and his idols of gold, which they made each one for himself to worship, to the moles and to the bats;
21. To go into the clefts of the rocks, and into the tops of the ragged rocks, for fear of the LORD and for the glory of His majesty, when He arises to shake terribly the earth.
22. Turn away yourselves from such a man, whose breath is in his nostrils; for in what is he to be esteemed?
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved