1. For behold, the Lord, the LORD of hosts, takes away from Jerusalem and from Judah the stay and the staff, the whole stay of bread and the whole stay of water,
2. The man of might and the man of war, the judge and the prophet, the diviner and the ancient,
3. The captain of fifty, and the honorable man and the adviser, and the cunning charmer and the skillful enchanter.
4. “And I will give young lads to be their princes, and capricious children shall rule over them.
5. And the people shall be crushed, every man by another, and every man by his neighbor; the young shall rise up against the old, and the base against the honorable.”
6. When a man shall take hold of his brother of his father’s house, saying, “You have clothing, you be our ruler, and let this ruin be under your hand;”
7. In that day he shall swear, saying, “I will not be a healer; there is no bread nor a cloak in my house. You shall not make me a ruler of people.”
8. For Jerusalem is staggering and Judah has fallen because their tongue and their doings are against the LORD, to provoke the eyes of His glory.
9. The look of their faces witnesses against them; and they declare their sin like Sodom. They do not hide it! Woe to their soul! For they have rewarded evil to themselves.
10. “Say to the righteous that it shall be well with him; for they shall eat the fruit of their doings.
11. Woe to the wicked! For the evil doing of his hand will be given to him.
12. As for My people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. Oh, My people, those who lead you cause you to err and destroy the way of your paths.”
13. The LORD stands up to plead His case, and stands up to judge the people.
14. The LORD will enter into judgment with the elders of His people, and their kings: “For you have eaten up the vineyard; the spoil of the poor is in your houses.
15. What do you mean? You crush My people and grind the faces of the poor?” says the Lord, God of hosts.
16. And the LORD says, “Because the daughters of Zion are proud, and have walked with stretched out necks and ogling with their eyes, walking and mincing as they go, and making a tinkling with their feet;
17. Therefore the LORD will strike with a scab the crown of the head of the daughters of Zion, and the LORD will uncover their secret parts.”
18. In that day the LORD will take away the beauty of ankle bracelets, and the headbands, and the crescents,
19. The pendants, and the bracelets, and the veils;
20. The headdresses, and the leg ornaments, and the sashes, and the boxes of perfume, and the earrings;
21. The rings and nose jewels;
22. The festal apparel and the outer garments; and the mantles, and the purses;
23. The mirrors and the fine linen; and the turbans and the veils.
24. And there shall be, instead of fragrance, rottenness; and instead of a sash, a rope; and instead of well-set hair, baldness; and instead of a rich robe, a wrapping of sackcloth; and branding A branding mark of slavery. instead of beauty.
25. Your men shall fall by the sword, and your mighty in the war.
26. And her gates shall lament and mourn; and she shall sit deserted upon the ground.
HRHNpand from JudahH3063
HNcmsaand the staff,H4938
HNcbsaand the wholeH3605
HAcbpaand the honorableH5375
HNcbpaand the adviser,H3289
HCHVqrmsaand the cunningH2450
HNcmpaand the skillfulH995
And the peopleH5971
HTdHNcmsashall be crushed,H5065
HRHNcmsaand every manH376
HCHNcmsaby his neighbor;H7453
HTdHNcmsashall rise upH7292
HVqi3mpagainst the old,H2205
HRdHAamsaand the baseH7034
HCHTdHVNrmsaagainst the honorable."H3513
HNcmsashall take holdH8610
HVqi3msof his brotherH251
HRHNcmscHSp3msof his father'sH1
HNcmscsaying, "You haveHl
HNcmsaand let thisH2063
HRdHNcmsahe shall swear,H5375
HTnbe a healer;H2280
HVqrmsathere is noH369
HNcfsain my house.H1004
HCHRHNcmscHSp1csYou shall notH3808
HNcbscHSp3mpand their doingsH4611
HNcbdcof His glory.H3519
HNcfscof their facesH6440
HRHSp3mpand they declareH5046
HRHNpThey do notH3808
HTjto their soul!H5315
HCthey have rewardedH1580
As forMy people,H5971
HRHSp3msOh, My people,H5971
HNcmscHSp1csthose who lead youH833
HVprmpcHSp2mscause you to errH8582
HCHNcbscof your paths."H734
HAampcof His people,H5971
HNcmscHSp3msand their kings:H8269
HCHPp2mphave eaten upH1197
HNcfscof the poorH6041
HTdHAamsaisin your houses.H1004
HRHSp2mpmean? You crushH1792
HCHNcbpcof the poor?"H6041
And the LORDH3068
HVqp3cpand have walkedH3212
HCHVqw3fpwith stretched outH5186
HCHVprfpawith their eyes,H5869
HVqi3fpand making a tinklingH5913
HVpi3fpwith their feet;H7272
Therefore the LORDH136
HNcmpcHSp1cswill strike with a scabH5596
HCHVpq3msthe crown of the headH6936
HNcmscof the daughtersH1323
HNpand the LORDH3068
HVpi3mstheir secret parts."H6596
HNcmpcHSp1cswill take awayH5493
HNcfscof ankle bracelets,H5914
HTdHNcmpaand the headbands,H7636
HCHTdHNcmpaand the crescents,H7720
And there shall be,H1961
HVqi3msand instead ofH8478
HNcfsaand instead ofH8478
HNcfsaand instead ofH8478
HCHRa rich robe,H6614
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved