1. The burden of Moab. Because in a night Ar of Moab is laid waste; it is brought to ruin; because in a night Kir of Moab is laid waste; it is brought to ruin.
2. One has gone up to the house, even to Dibon, the high places, to weep. Moab shall howl over Nebo, and over Medeba; baldness shall be on all their heads, every beard cut off.
3. In the streets they shall clothe themselves with sackcloth; on the tops of their houses, and in their streets, everyone shall howl, weeping bitterly.
4. And Heshbon shall cry out, and also Elealeh; their voice shall be heard as far as Jahaz. So the armed soldiers of Moab shall cry out; his soul trembles within him.
5. “My heart shall cry out for Moab; his fugitives flee to Zoar, like a heifer of three years. He goes up the ascent to Luhith with weeping; for in the way of Horonaim they shall raise up a cry of destruction,
6. For the waters of Nimrim shall be desolate; for the grass has withered away and the vegetation fails, there is no green thing.
7. Therefore the abundance they have gotten, and that which they have laid up, shall they carry away over the Brook of the Willows,
8. For the cry has gone around the border of Moab, its howling even to Eglaim. Yea, its howling even to Beer Elim,
9. For the waters of Dimon are full of blood; for I will bring still more upon Dimon, a lion upon the fugitives of Moab and upon the remnant of the land.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved