1.The burden against Damascus: “Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city,and it shall be a heap of ruins.
2. The cities of Aroer are forsaken; now they shall be for flocks; they shall lie down, and no one terrifies them.
3. And the fortress shall cease from Ephraim, and the kingdom from Damascus, and the rest of Syria. They shall be as the glory of the children of Israel,” says the LORD of hosts.
4. “And it shall come to pass in that day, the glory of Jacob shall be made thin, and the fatness of his flesh shall become lean.
5. And it shall be as the reaping of the harvest grain—with his arm one reaps the ears. And it shall be as he who gathers ears in the Valley of the Giants.
6. Yet a gleaning of grapes shall be left in it, as the shaking of an olive tree, two or three ripe olives in the top of the uppermost branch, four or five in the branches of the fruitful tree,” says the LORD, God of Israel.
7. In that day a man shall look to his Maker, and his eyes shall have respect to the Holy One of Israel.
8. And he shall not look to the altars, the work of his hands, nor respect that which his fingers have made, neither the groves or the images.
9. In that day his strong cities shall be like forsaken places in the forest, or like branches, which they left because of the children of Israel; and it will become a desolation.
10. Because you have forgotten the God of your salvation, and have not remembered the Rock of your strength, therefore you shall plant pleasant plants and shall sow it a fresh shoot.
11. In the day of your planting you fence it in; and in the morning you make your seed sprout. But the harvest shall be a heap of boughs in the day of grief and incurable pain.
12. Oh the uproar of many people, who roar like the roaring of the seas; and the rushing of nations who rush on like the rushing of mighty waters!
13. The nations shall rush like the rushing of many waters; but He shall rebuke them, and they shall flee far off, and shall be chased like the chaff of the mountains before the wind, and like whirling dust before a gale.
14. At evening time, behold, terror! Before the morning, they are not! This is the lot of those who plunder us, and the lot of those who rob us.
HNpis taken awayH5493
HVHsmsafrom being a city,H5892
HRHNcfsaand it shall beH1961
And the fortressH4013
HRHNpand the kingdomH4467
HRHNpand the restH7605
HNpThey shall beH1961
HVqi3mpas the gloryH3519
HRHNcbscof the childrenH1121
"And it shall come to passH1961
HNpshall be made thin,H1809
HVqi3msand the fatnessH4924
HCHNcmscof his fleshH1320
HNcmscHSp3msshall become lean.H7329
And it shall beH1961
HCHVqq3msas the reapingH7105
HNcmsaof the harvestH622
HNcfpaAnd it shall beH1961
HCHVqq3msas he who gathersH3950
HNcfpain the ValleyH6010
HRHNcmscof the Giants.H7497
Yet a gleaning of grapesH5955
HNcfpashall be leftH7604
HRHSp3msas the shakingH5363
HRHNcmscof an olive tree,H2132
HNcmpain the topH534
HNcmsaof the uppermost branch,H7218
HAcmsain the branchesH5585
HRHNcmpcHSp3fsof the fruitfulH6509
HVqrmscHSp3msand his eyesH5869
HCHNcbdcHSp3msshall have respectH7200
HRthe Holy OneH6918
And he shall notH3808
HNcmscof his hands,H3027
HCHTdHNpor the images.H2553
HNcfpcshall be likeH1961
HRHVqsfscplaces in the forest,H2793
HTdHNcmsaor like branches,H534
HRHNcbpcbecause of the childrenH1121
HNpand it will becomeH1961
HCyou have forgottenH7911
HNcmpcof your salvation,H3468
HNcmscHSp2fsand have notH3808
HCHNcmscof your strength,H4581
HTmyou shall plantH5193
HNcmpcand shall sow itH2232
In the dayH3117
HRHNcmscof your plantingH5194
HVli2fsit in; and in the morningH1242
HCHRdHNcmsayou make your seedH2233
HNcmsashall bea heapH5067
HNcmsaof boughs in the dayH3117
HRHVqclike the roaringH1993
HVqi3mpHSnof the seas;H3220
HNcmpaand the rushingH7588
HRHNcmscon like the rushingH7582
HVNi3mpHSnlike the rushingH7588
HNcmpabut He shall rebukeH1605
HRHSp3msand they shall fleeH5127
HRHNcmsaand shall be chasedH7291
HCHVPq3mslike the chaffH4671
HRHNcmscof the mountainsH2022
HNcbsaand like whirling dustH1534
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved