1. The burden against Egypt: Behold, the LORD rides upon a swift cloud and comes into Egypt. And the idols of Egypt shall tremble at His presence, and the heart of Egypt shall melt in its midst.
2. “And I will set the Egyptians against the Egyptians; and they shall fight each man against his brother, and each against his neighbor; city against city, kingdom against kingdom.
3. And the spirit of Egypt shall be demoralized in the midst of it, and I will bring his plans to nothing. And they shall seek to idols, and to the enchanters, and to the mediums, and to the familiar spirits.
4.And I will deliver Egypt into the hand of cruel lords; and a fierce king shall rule over them,” says the Lord, the LORD of hosts.
5. And the waters from the sea will dry up, and the river shall be parched and dry.
6. And rivers shall be fouled; the streams of Egypt will languish and dry up; the reed and the rush shall wither.
7. Bare places shall be at the Nile, by the mouth of the Nile, and everything sown by the Nile shall dry up, be driven away, and be no more.
8. The fishermen also shall mourn, and all who drop a hook into the Nile shall wail, and those who spread nets upon the waters shall languish.
9. And the workers in fine flax, and the weavers of white cloth shall be ashamed.
10. And her foundations shall be crushed, and all wage earners shall be grieved in soul.
11. Surely the princes of Zoan are utter fools; the advice of Pharaoh’s wisest advisors is stupid. How do you say to Pharaoh, “I am the son of the wise, the son of ancient kings?”
12. Where are they? Where are your wise men? And let them tell you now, and let them know what the LORD of hosts has purposed against Egypt.
13. The rulers of Zoan have become fools, the rulers of Noph are deceived; they that are the chief of her tribes have caused Egypt to go astray.
14. The LORD has mixed a perverse spirit in its midst; and they have caused Egypt to go astray in all its work, like a drunkard staggers in his vomit.
15. And Egypt shall have no work that the head or tail, branch or rush, may do.
16. In that day Egypt shall be like women; and it shall be afraid and fear because of the shaking of the hand of the LORD of hosts, which He shakes over it.
17. And the land of Judah shall be a terror to Egypt; everyone who mentions it shall be afraid toward it because of the purpose of the LORD of hosts, which He has purposed against it.
18. In that day five cities in the land of Egypt shall speak the language of Canaan and swear to the LORD of hosts; one shall be called the City of Desolation.
19. In that day there shall be an altar to the LORD in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar at its border to the LORD.
20. And it shall be for a sign and for a witness to the LORD of hosts in the land of Egypt; for they shall cry to the LORD because of the oppressors, and He shall send them a deliverer, and a great one, and will deliver them.
21. And the LORD shall be known to Egypt, and Egypt shall know the LORD in that day, and shall offer sacrifice and offering; and vow a vow to the LORD, and perform it.
22. And the LORD shall strike Egypt; He shall strike and heal; and they shall return to the LORD, and He shall respond to them and shall heal them.
23. In that day there shall be a highway out of Egypt to Assyria, and Assyria shall come into Egypt, and Egypt into Assyria, and Egypt shall serve with Assyria.
24. In that day Israel shall be the third with Egypt and with Assyria, a blessing in the midst of the land;
25. Whom the LORD of hosts has blessed, saying, “Blessed be My people Egypt, and Assyria the work of My hands, and Israel My inheritance.”
HNpAnd the idolsH457
HCHVqq3cpat His presence,H6440
HRHNcbpcHSp3msand the heartH3824
HVNi3msin its midst.H7130
"And I will setH5526
HNpagainst the Egyptians;H4714
HRHNpand they shall fightH3898
HNcmsaagainst his brother,H251
HCHNcmsaagainst his neighbor;H7453
And the spiritH7307
HNpshall be demoralizedH1238
HCHVNq3fsin the midst of it,H7130
HRHNcmscHSp3msand I will bringH1104
HCHNcfscHSp3msto nothing. And they shall seekH1875
HCHRthe familiar spirits.H3049
And I will deliverH5534
HNpinto the handH3027
HNcmpaand a fierceH5794
HNcmpashall be fouled;H2186
HVqp3cpand dry up;H2717
HNcmsaand the rushH5488
HNcfpashall be atH5921
HNcmscof the Nile,H2975
HNcmscby the NileH2975
HNpshall dry up,H3001
HVqi3msbe driven away,H5086
HVNp3msand be noH369
HTdHNcmpaalso shall mourn,H578
HNcfsainto the NileH2975
HCHVqq3cpand those who spreadH6566
Surely the princesH8269
HTido you sayH559
HNcmscof the wise,H2450
HDareyour wise men?H2450
HAampcHSp2msAnd let them tellH5046
HTeand let them knowH3045
HNphave become fools,H2973
HVNp3cpthey that are the chiefH6438
HNcfscof her tribesH7626
HTohave caused EgyptH4714
HNpto go astray.H8582
HNcbscin its midst;H7130
HToand they have caused EgyptH4714
HNpto go astrayH8582
HNcmscHSp3mslike a drunkardH7910
HRHVNcin his vomit.H6892
HTrshall be afraidH2729
HRHNcbpcof the shakingH8573
HNcfscof the handH3027
HNcbscof the LORDH3068
And the landH127
HToHSp3fsshall be afraidH6342
HRHNcbpcof the purposeH3289
HVqrmsaof the LORDH3068
HNcfpain the landH776
HCHVNrfpato the LORDH3068
HRdHNcmsathere shall beH1961
HNcmsato the LORDH3068
HRHNpin the midstH8432
HRHNcmscof the landH776
HNpand a pillarH4676
HNcmscHSp3fsto the LORD.H3068
And it shall beH1961
HCHVqq3msfor a signH226
HRHNcbsaand for a witnessH5707
HCHRHNcmsato the LORDH3068
HNcbpain the landH776
HCthey shall cryH6817
HVqrmpaand He shall sendH7971
HVhrmsaand a great one,H7227
HCHVqrmsaand will deliver them.H5337
And the LORDH3068
HNpshall be knownH3045
HRdHNcmsaand shall offerH5647
HNcmsato the LORD,H3068
And the LORDH3068
HNpHe shall strikeH5062
HCHVqaand they shall returnH7725
HNpand He shall respondH6279
HRHSp3mpand shall heal them.H7495
HRdHNcmsathere shall beH1961
HNcfsaout of EgyptH4714
HRHNpand with Assyria,H804
HNcfsain the midstH7130
HRHNcmscof the land;H776
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved