1. In the year that Tartan came to Ashdod, when Sargon the king of Assyria sent him, and he fought against Ashdod and took it;
2. At that time the LORD spoke by Isaiah the son of Amoz, saying, “Go and take the sackcloth off your loins, and take your shoe off your foot.” And he did so, walking naked and barefoot.
3. And the LORD said, “Just as My servant Isaiah has walked naked and barefoot three years, for a sign and wonder upon Egypt and upon Ethiopia;
4. So shall the king of Assyria lead away Egypt’s prisoners, and the Ethiopian exiles, young and old, naked and barefoot, even with uncovered buttocks, to the shame of Egypt.
5. And they shall be afraid and ashamed of Ethiopia their hope, and of Egypt their glory.
6. And the inhabitants of the coastland shall say in that day, ‘Behold, this was our hope to which we fled for help, to be delivered from before the king of Assyria; and how shall we escape?’ ”
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved