1. In the year that Tartan came to Ashdod, when Sargon the king of Assyria sent him, and he fought against Ashdod and took it;
2. At that time the LORD spoke by Isaiah the son of Amoz, saying, “Go and take the sackcloth off your loins, and take your shoe off your foot.” And he did so, walking naked and barefoot.
3. And the LORD said, “Just as My servant Isaiah has walked naked and barefoot three years, for a sign and wonder upon Egypt and upon Ethiopia;
4. So shall the king of Assyria lead away Egypt’s prisoners, and the Ethiopian exiles, young and old, naked and barefoot, even with uncovered buttocks, to the shame of Egypt.
5. And they shall be afraid and ashamed of Ethiopia their hope, and of Egypt their glory.
6. And the inhabitants of the coastland shall say in that day, ‘Behold, this was our hope to which we fled for help, to be delivered from before the king of Assyria; and how shall we escape?’ ”
In the yearH8141
HToHSp3msand he foughtH3898
HRHNpand took it;H3920
HNcmdcHSp2msand take your shoeH5275
HNcfdcHSp2msAnd he didH6213
And the LORDH3068
HTmshall the kingH4428
HCHAamsaeven with uncoveredH2834
And the inhabitantsH3427
HVqrmsaof the coastlandH339
HDthis was our hopeH4007
HRHNcfsato be deliveredH5337
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved