1. The burden against the Wilderness of the Sea: As tempests in the south pass, it comes from the desert, from a dreadful land.
2. A harsh vision is revealed to me; the deceiver deceives, and the plunderer plunders. Go up, O Elam; besiege, O Media! I have caused all her sighing to cease.
3. Therefore my loins are filled with pain; pangs have taken hold upon me like the pangs of a woman who travails; I was bowed down from hearing; I was so frightened that I could not see.
4. My heart is bewildered, terror overwhelms me; the twilight of my pleasure has been turned into trembling.
5. Prepare the table, watch in the watchtower, eat, drink; arise, rulers. Anoint the shield,
6. For thus the LORD has said to me, “Go, set a watchman, let him declare what he sees.”
7. And when he sees a chariot with a pair of horsemen, a chariot of a donkey, and a chariot of a camel, then let him listen, very attentively.
8. And he cried out as a lion, “My LORD, without ceasing, I stand upon the watchtower by day, and I am stationed at my post every night.
9. And, behold, here comes a chariot of a man, a pair of horsemen.” And he answered and said, “Babylon has fallen, has fallen! And all the graven images of her gods He has smashed to the ground.”
10. O my threshing, and the grain of my floor! That which I have heard of the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, I have declared to you.
11. The burden against Dumah: He calls to me out of Seir, “Watchman, what of the night? Watchman, what of the night?”
12. The watchman said, “The morning comes, and also the night; if you will inquire, inquire, and come again.”
13. The burden against Arabia: You shall lodge in the forest of Arabia, O traveling companies of Dedanites.
14. Bring water for the thirsty, O inhabitants of Tema, meet the fugitive with bread,
15. For they fled from the swords, from the drawn sword, and from the bent bow, and from the grievousness of war;
16. For so has the LORD said to me, “Within a year, according to the years of a hireling, all the glory of Kedar shall fail;
17. And the rest of the number of archers, the mighty men of the sons of Kedar, shall be cut down; for the LORD, God of Israel, has spoken it.”
HNcmscagainst the WildernessH4057
HNcmscof the Sea:H3220
HRHNcfpain the southH5045
HVqp3msfrom the desert,H4057
HRHNcmsafrom a dreadfulH3372
HVqrmsaand the plundererH7703
HNpI have caused allH3605
HNcmpahave taken hold upon meH270
HVqp3cpHSp1cslike the pangsH6735
HRHNcmpcof a woman who travails;H3205
HVqrfsaI was bowed downH5753
HRHVqcI was so frightenedH926
HVNp1csthat I could not see.H7200
HNcmscof my pleasureH2837
HNcmscHSp1cshas been turnedH7760
And when he seesH7200
HNcmscof a donkey,H2543
HNcbsaand a chariotH7393
HNcmscof a camel,H1581
HNcmsathen let him listen,H7181
And he cried outH7121
HCHVqw3msas a lion,H738
HNcmscof a man,H376
HNcmpaAnd he answeredH6030
HCHNcmscthe graven imagesH6456
HNcmpcof her godsH430
HNcmpcHSp3fsHe has smashedH7665
HVpp3msto the ground."H776
O my threshing,H4098
HNcfscHSp1csand the grainH1121
HCHNcmscof my floor!H1637
HTrI have heardH8085
HNpI have declaredH5046
HRHSp1csout of Seir,H8165
HTiof the night?H3915
HTiof the night?"H3915
HCyou will inquire,H1158
HDhas the LORDH136
HNcfsaaccording to the yearsH8141
HRHAcmdcof a hireling,H7916
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved