1. The burden against the Valley of Vision. What ails you now, that you have gone up to the housetops?
2. O town full of commotion, O city of tumult and revelry that fills the noisy city, the raucous city. Your slain ones are not slain with the sword, nor dead in battle.
3. All your rulers fled together; they were bound without the bow; all who are found in you are bound together; they have fled afar off.
4. Therefore I said, “Look away from me; I will weep bitterly; do not hurry to comfort me because of the destruction of the daughter of my people.”
5. For it is a day of trouble, and of trampling down, and of perplexity by the Lord GOD of hosts in the Valley of Vision, breaking down the walls, and of crying to the mountain.
6. And Persia carried the quiver with chariots of men and horsemen, and Kir uncovered the shield.
7. And it came to pass, your choicest valleys were full of chariots; and the horsemen surely shall set themselves in order at the gate.
8. And he removed Judah’s covering, and you looked in that day to the armor of the house of the forest.
9.You have seen also the breaks in the city of David, that they are many; and you gathered the waters of the lower pool.
10. And you have counted the houses of Jerusalem, and you have broken down the houses to fortify the wall.
11. You also made a reservoir between the two walls for the water of the old pool; but you have not looked to Him Who has done this, neither have you respect unto Him Who formed it long ago.
12. And on that day the LORD of hosts called for weeping and mourning, and for baldness, and for girding with sackcloth.
13. Then, lo, joy and gladness, slaying oxen and killing sheep, eating flesh and drinking wine, saying, “Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die!”
14. And it was revealed in my ears by the LORD of hosts, “Surely this iniquity shall not be purged from you until you die,” says the Lord GOD of hosts.
15. Thus says the Lord GOD of hosts, “Go, go up to this treasurer, to Shebna who is over the house. Say,
16. ‘What do you have here? And whom do you have here, that you have carved out a tomb for yourself here, as one who cuts himself out a tomb on high, who cuts out a habitation for himself in a rock?
17. Behold, the LORD will carry you away with a mighty captivity, and will surely cover you.
18. He will roll you up like a ball and throw you into a large country. There the chariots of your glory shall be, the shame of your lord’s house.
19. And I will drive you from your office, and you will be pulled down from your station.
20. And in that day it shall be, even I will call My servant Eliakim the son of Hilkiah.
21. And I will clothe him with your robe, and will fasten your girdle on him, and I will give your government into his hand. And he shall be a father to the people of Jerusalem and to the house of Judah.
22. And the key of the house of David I will lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.
23. And I will fasten him as a nail in a sure place; and he shall be for a glorious throne to his father’s house.
24. And they shall hang upon him all the glory of his father’s house, the offspring and the posterity, all small vessels, from the vessels of cups, even to all the vessels of jars.
25. In that day,’ says the LORD of hosts, ‘the nail that is fastened in the sure place shall be removed, and be cut down, and fall. And the burden that was upon it shall be cut off. The LORD has spoken it.’ ”
O town fullH4395
HAafsathat fills the noisy city,H7151
HNcfsathe raucous city. Your slainH2491
HAampcHSp2fsones are notH3808
HAampcwith the sword,H2719
HDthey were boundH631
HVPp3cpwithout the bow;H7198
HNcmscwho are found in youH4672
HDthey have fledH1272
HRHSp1csI will weepH1065
HVhj2mpto comfort meH5162
HNcmscof the daughterH1323
HNcfscof my people."H5971
HCit isa dayH3117
HNcfsaand of trampling down,H4001
HCHNcfsaand of perplexityH3998
HCHNcfsaby the LordH136
HNcbpain the ValleyH1516
HVlrmscdown the walls,H7023
HNcmsaand of cryingH7771
And it came to pass,H1961
HNcmpcHSp2fswere full ofH4390
HNcmsaand the horsemenH6571
HCHTdHNcmpasurely shall setH7896
HVqathemselves in orderH7896
HVqp3cpat the gate.H8179
And he removedH1540
HNcmscand you lookedH5027
HNcmscof the houseH1004
HNcmscof the forest.H3293
You have seenH7200
HCHToalso the breaksH1233
HNcmpcin the cityH5892
HCthey are many;H7235
HVqp3cpand you gatheredH6908
HNcmpcof the lowerH8481
You also madeH6213
HRthe two wallsH2346
HTdHNcfdafor the waterH4325
HRHNcmpcof the oldH3465
HTdHNcfsabut you have notH3808
HRHim Who has done this,H6213
HTnhave you respectH7200
HVqp2mpunto Him Who formed itH3335
And on thatH1931
HCHRHNcmsaand for baldness,H7144
HCHRHNcfsaand for girdingH2296
HNcmsasaying, "Let us eatH398
And it was revealedH1540
HCHVNp3msin my earsH241
HRHNcfdcHSp1csby the LORDH3068
HCyou have carved outH2672
HDasone who cuts himself outH2672
HNcmsawho cuts outH2710
HRHSp3msin a rock?H5553
He will roll youH6801
HVqalike a ballH1754
HNcfpcof your gloryH3519
HNcbscHSp2msshall be, the shameH7036
HNcmscof your lord'sH113
And I will clothe himH3847
HCHVhq1csHSp3mswith your robe,H3801
HNcfscHSp2msand will fasten your girdleH73
HVpi1csHSp3msand I will giveH5414
HCHNcbscHSp2msinto his hand.H3027
HRHNcbscHSp3msAnd he shall beH1961
HRHNcmsato the peopleH3427
HNpand to the houseH1004
And the keyH4668
HNcmscof the houseH1004
HNpI will layH5414
HNcmscHSp3msso he shall open,H6605
HVqrmsaand he shall shut,H5462
And I will fasten himH8628
HNcfsain a sureH539
HRHNcmsaand he shall beH1961
HCHVqq3msfor a gloriousH3519
HRHNcmscto his father'sH1
And they shall hangH8518
HNcbscof his father'sH1
HTdHNcmpaand the posterity,H6849
HNcmpcfrom the vesselsH3627
HTdHNcfsathat is fastenedH8628
HTdHVqsfsain the sureH539
HRHNcmsashall be removed,H4185
HVqi3fsand be cut down,H1438
HCHVqq3fsAnd the burdenH4853
HRHSp3fsshall be cut off.H3772
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved