1. The burden against Tyre: Howl, you ships of Tarshish! For it is laid waste, so that there is no house, no entering in. From the land of Chittim it is revealed to them.
2. Be still, inhabitants of the coast, you merchants of Sidon, who pass over the sea. They have filled you.
3. And by great waters, the seed of Shihor and the harvest of the river Nile was her revenue; and she was the mart of nations.
4. Be ashamed, O Sidon; for the sea has spoken, the strength of the sea, saying, “I have not travailed nor brought forth children. I have not nourished young men nor raised up virgins.”
5. As the report comes to Egypt, so they shall be grieved at the report of Tyre.
6. Pass over Tarshish. Howl, inhabitants of the coast!
7. Is this your joyous city whose origin is from antiquity, whose feet have taken her to settle in far-off lands.
8. Who has purposed this against Tyre, the bestower of crowns, whose merchants are princes, whose traders are the honorable of the earth?
9. The LORD of hosts has purposed it, to stain the pride of all glory and to bring into contempt all the honorable of the earth.
10. Pass through your land like a river, O daughter of Tarshish; there is no more power to restrain.
11. He stretched out His hand over the sea; He shook kingdoms. The LORD has made a decree against the merchant city, to destroy its strongholds.
12. And He said, “You shall rejoice no more, O oppressed one, virgin daughter of Sidon. Arise, pass over to Chittim; also there you shall have no rest.”
13. Behold the land of the Chaldeans! This is the people which was not. Assyria destined it for wild beasts who live in the desert. They set up their siege towers; they stripped its palaces. They made it a ruin.
14. Howl, ships of Tarshish! For your stronghold is laid waste.
15. And it shall come to pass in that day that Tyre shall be forgotten seventy years, according to the days of one king. At the end of seventy years, it will be as in the song of a harlot to Tyre.
16. “Take a lyre, go about the city, O harlot who has been forgotten; make sweet melody, sing many songs so that you may be remembered.”
17. And it shall come to pass, after the end of seventy years the LORD will visit Tyre, and she shall return to her hire and shall commit fornication with all the kingdoms of the world upon the face of the earth.
18. And her goods and her wages shall be holiness to the LORD. It shall not be treasured nor laid up, for her goods shall be for those who dwell before the LORD, to eat enough, and for choice clothing.
HCit is laid waste,H7703
HVPp3msso that there is no house,H1004
HRHNcmsano entering in.H935
HRHVqcFrom the landH776
HNpit is revealedH1540
And by greatH7227
HNpand the harvestH7105
HNcmscof the river NileH2975
HNcfscHSp3fsand she wasH1961
HNcmscof the sea,H3220
HRHVqc"I have notH3808
HCHTnbrought forth children.H3205
HVqp1csI have notH3808
HNcfscHSp3fsis from antiquity,H6924
HNcfdcHSp3fshave taken herH2986
HRHVqcin far-off lands.H7350
HNpthe bestower of crowns,H5849
HNcmpcHSp3fsare the honorableH3513
HVNrmpcof the earth?H776
HNcbpahas purposed it,H3289
HNcmsaandto bring into contemptH7043
HVNrmpcof the earth.H776
He stretched outH5186
HNphas made a decreeH6680
HNpcity, to destroyH8045
And He said,H559
HCHVqw3ms"You shall rejoiceH5937
HDyou shall haveHl
HNpThis is the peopleH5971
HVqp3msHSp3fsfor wild beasts who live in the desert.H6728
HRHNcmpaThey set upH6965
HVhp3cptheir siege towers;H971
HNcmpcHSp3fsThey made itH7760
And it shall come to passH1961
HNpshall be forgottenH7911
HNcfsaaccording to the daysH3117
HNcmsaAt the endH7093
HNcfsait will beH1961
HVqi3msas in the songH7892
HRHNcbscof a harlotH2181
HVqrfsawho has been forgotten;H7911
HRyou may be remembered."H2142
And it shall come to pass,H1961
HCHVqq3msafter the endH7093
HNpand she shall returnH7725
HCHVqq3fsto her hireH868
HRHNcmscHSp3fsand shall commit fornicationH2181
HNcfpcof the worldH776
HNcbpcof the earth.H127
And her goodsH5504
HNcmscHSp3fsand her wagesH868
HNcmsato the LORD.H3068
HRHNpIt shall notH3808
HVqi3msfor those who dwellH3427
HRHNcfsaand for choiceH6266
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved