1. Behold, the LORD makes the earth empty and makes it waste, and turns it upside down, and scatters its inhabitants.
2. And as it is with the people, so it shall be with the priest; as with the slave, so with the master; as with the handmaid, so it is with her mistress; as with the buyer, so with the seller; as with the lender, so with the borrower; as with the creditor, so with the debtor.
3. The earth shall be completely laid waste, and utterly stripped; for the LORD has spoken this word.
4. The earth mourns and languishes; the world withers and languishes; the proud people of the earth wither.
5. And the earth is defiled under its people; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, and have broken the everlasting covenant.
6. Therefore the curse has devoured the earth, and they who dwell in it are desolate; therefore the people of the earth are burned, and few men are left.
7. The new wine mourns, the vine withers, all the merry-hearted sigh.
8. The gladness of tambourines drums ceases, the noise of those who rejoice ends; the joy of the lyre ceases.
9. They shall not drink wine with a song; strong drink shall be bitter to those who drink it.
10. The city of shame is broken down; every house is shut up so that no one may come in.
11. A crying for wine is in the streets; all joy is darkened, the mirth in the land has gone.
12. In the city, it is left a desolation, and the gate is stricken with destruction,
13. For so it is in the midst of the earth among the people, it shall be like the shaking of an olive tree and as gleanings when the grape harvest is completed.
14. They shall lift up their voice, they shall sing for the majesty of the LORD, they shall cry aloud from the sea.
15. Therefore glorify the LORD in the east where the light dawns, the name of the LORD God of Israel in the isles of the sea.
16. From the ends of the earth we have heard songs, “Glory to the righteous.” But I said, “Leanness to me! Leanness to me! Woe to me! Deceivers deceive, even treacherously. Deceivers deceive!”
17. Dread and the pit, and the snare are upon you, O inhabitant of the earth.
18. And it shall be, he who flees from the sound of dread shall fall into the pit. And he who comes up out of the midst of the pit shall be taken in the snare, for the windows from on high are opened, and the foundations of the earth quake.
19. The earth is broken, yea broken down! The earth is crumbling, yea crumbling to pieces! The earth is tottering, yea tottering!
20. Like a drunkard the earth is staggering, yea staggering! And it rocks to and fro like a tree hut! And its transgressions are heavy upon it; and it shall fall and not rise again.
21. And it shall come to pass in that day, the LORD shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.
22. And they shall be gathered, as prisoners are gathered in a dungeon. And they shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days they shall be punished.
23. Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun shall be ashamed, for the LORD of hosts shall reign in Mount Zion, in Jerusalem, and gloriously before His elders.
HNpmakes the earthH776
HVqrmsaand makes it waste,H1110
HCHVpq3msit upside down,H6440
And as it is with the people,H5971
HRdHNcmsaso it shall beH1961
HCHVqq3mswith the priest;H3548
HRdHNcmsaas with the slave,H5650
HRdHNcmsaso with the master;H113
HRHNcmpcHSp3msas with the handmaid,H8198
HRdHNcfsaso it is with her mistress;H1404
HRdHNcfscHSp3fsas with the buyer,H7069
HRdHVqrmsaso with the seller;H4376
HRdHVqrmsaas with the lender,H3867
HRdHVhrmsaso with the borrower;H3867
HRdHVqrmsaas with the creditor,H5383
HRHTrwith the debtor.H5378
HTdHNcbsashall be completelyH1238
HNcmscof the earthH776
And the earthH776
HCthey have transgressedH5674
HNcmsaand have brokenH6565
HNcbsaand they who dwellH3427
HVqrmpcof the earthH776
HVqi3msin the midstH7130
HRHNcmscof the earthH776
HTdHNcmpait shall belike the shakingH5363
HRHNcmscof an olive treeH2132
HNcmsaand as gleaningsH5955
HCthe grape harvestH1210
HPp3mpshall lift upH5375
HNcmscHSp3mpthey shall singH7442
HVqi3mpfor the majestyH1347
HRHNcmscof the LORD,H3068
HNpthey shall cry aloudH6670
HVqp3cpfrom the sea.H3220
HNpin the east where the light dawns,H217
HNcmscof the LORDH3068
HNpin the islesH339
HRHNcmpcof the sea.H3220
From the endsH3671
HRHNcfscof the earthH776
HTdHNcbsawe have heardH8085
HNcmsato the righteous."H6662
HRdHAamsaBut I said,H559
And it shall be,H1961
HCHVqq3mshe who fleesH5127
HTdHVqrmsafrom the soundH6963
HTdHNcmsaAnd he who comes upH5927
HCHTdHVqrmsaout of the midstH8432
HRHNcmscof the pitH6354
HTdHNcmsashall be takenH3920
HVNi3msin the snare,H6341
HNcfpafrom on highH4791
HVNp3cpand the foundationsH4146
HNcbpcof the earthH776
HVqayea broken down!H7489
HVqayea crumbling to pieces!H6565
Like a drunkardH7910
HVqi3fsAnd it rocks to and froH5110
HCHVrq3fslike a tree hut!H4412
HRdHNcfsaAnd its transgressionsH6588
HRHSp3fsand it shall fallH5307
And it shall come to passH1961
HNcbscof the high onesH4791
HTdHNcmsathat areon high,H4791
HNcmpcof the earthH127
And they shall be gathered,H622
HNcmsaAnd they shall be shut upH5462
HNcmpathey shall be punished.H6485
Then the moonH3842
HTdHNcfsashall be confounded,H2659
HCHVqq3fsand the sunH2535
HTdHNcfsashall be ashamed,H954
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved