1. O LORD, You are my God; I will exalt You, I will praise Your name; for You have done wonderful things; Your counsels of old are faithfulness and truth,
2. For You have made a city a heap; a fortified city into a ruin; a citadel of foreigners to be no city; it shall never be rebuilt.
3. Therefore the strong people glorify You, the city of the terrible nations shall fear You,
4. For You are a stronghold to the poor, a stronghold to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is like a storm against the wall.
5. You shall bring down the noise of foreigners, as the heat in a dry place; even the heat with the shadow of a cloud. The shouting of the terrifying ones shall be brought low.
6. And in this mountain the LORD of hosts shall make a feast of fat things for all the people, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of refined wines on the lees.
7. And He will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering which covers all people, and the veil that is woven over all nations.
8. He will destroy death forever; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from all faces. And He shall take away from all the earth the rebuke of His people, for the LORD has spoken it.
9. And one shall say in that day, “Lo, this is our God. We have waited for Him, and He will save us. This is the LORD; we have waited for Him, we will be glad and rejoice in His salvation.”
10.For the hand of the LORD shall rest in this mountain, and Moab shall be trampled under Him, even as straw is trampled in the dung pit.
11. And He shall spread out His hands in their midst, as he who swims strokes to swim. But He shall bring down their pride together with the skills of their hands.
12. And the fortress of the high fort of your walls He will lay low, bring them down to the ground, even to the dust.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved