1. Woe to the crown of pride, to the drunkards of Ephraim, whose glorious beauty is a fading flower which is on the head of the fat valleys of those who are overcome with wine!
2. Behold, the LORD is a mighty and strong one, like a hailstorm, a destroying storm; like a flood of mighty waters overflowing, He casts them down to the earth with the hand.
3. The crown of pride, the drunkards of Ephraim, shall be trampled under foot;
4. And the glorious beauty, on the head of the fat valley, shall be a fading flower, and as the first ripe fruit before summer; which the beholder of it swallows up while it is yet in his hand.
5. In that day the LORD of hosts shall be for a crown of glory, and for a diadem of beauty, for the remnant of His people,
6. And for a spirit of judgment to him who sits in judgment, and for strength to those who turn back the battle at the gate.
7. But they also stagger through wine, and reel through strong drink. The priest and the prophet stagger through drink; they are confused by wine; they reel through strong drink; they err in vision, they stumble in judgment,
8. For all tables are full of vomit and filthiness; no place is clean.
10. For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, there a little;”
11. For with stammering lips and foreign tongue He will speak to this people.
12. To whom He said, “This is the rest He gives to the weary;” and “This is the refreshing,” yet they were not willing to hear.
13. So then the Word of the LORD was to them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken and snared and taken.
14. Therefore hear the Word of the LORD, you scornful men who rule this people in Jerusalem.
15. Because you have said, “We have made a covenant with death, and we have made an agreement with the grave; when the overwhelming rod shall pass through, it shall not come to us; for we have made lies our refuge, and we have hidden ourselves under falsehood,”
16. Therefore, thus says the Lord GOD, “Behold, I place in Zion a Stone for a foundation, a tried Stone, a precious Cornerstone, a sure Foundation; he who believes shall not be ashamed.
17. Also I will make justice the line, and righteousness the plummet; and the hail shall sweep away the refuge of lies, and the waters shall overflow the hiding place.
18. And your covenant with death shall be annulled, and your agreement with the grave shall not stand; when the overwhelming scourge shall pass through, then you shall be beaten down.”
19. As often as it passes through, it shall take you; for morning by morning it shall pass over, by day and by night; and it shall be only sheer terror to understand the message.”
20. For the bed is shorter than one can stretch himself on, and the cover is narrower than one can wrap himself in;
21. For the LORD shall rise up as in Mount Perazim; He shall be angry as in the valley of Gibeon, so that He may do His work, His strange work; and bring to pass His act, His strange act.
22. Now therefore do not be mockers, lest your bands be made strong; for I have heard from the Lord GOD of hosts that a full end is decreed upon all the earth.
23. Give ear and hear my voice; hearken, and hear my speech.
24. Does the plowman plow all day to sow? Does he open and break the clods of his ground?
25. When he has made the face of it level, does he not cast out the dill and scatter the cummin? Does he not plant wheat in its place, barley in its plot, and rye in its field?
26. His God teaches and instructs him in the right way;
27. For the dill is not threshed with a threshing instrument, nor is a cart wheel turned upon cummin; but the dill is beaten out with a staff and the cummin with a rod.
28. Grain must be ground to make bread; so one does not go on threshing forever. Though he drives the wheels of his threshing cart over it, his wheels do not crush it.
29. This also comes forth from the LORD of hosts, wonderful is His counsel; and great is His wisdom.
HTjto the crownH5850
HNcfscto the drunkardsH7910
HNcmscof the fatH8081
HNcbscof those who are overcomeH1986
HRHNcmpcHSp1csis a mightyH2389
HAamsaand strong one,H533
HCHAamsalike a hailstorm,H2230
HNcmsclike a floodH2230
HVqrmpaHe casts them downH3240
HVhp3msto the earthH776
HRdHNcbsawith the hand.H3027
And the gloriousH6643
HNcmscof the fatH8081
HTrthe first ripe fruitH1061
HVqi3msHSp3fswhile it is yetH5750
HRHDHSp3fsin his hand.H3709
HVqi3msfor a crownH5850
HNcmsaand for a diademH6843
HNcfsafor the remnantH7605
HRHNcmscof His people,H5971
And for a spiritH7307
HNcmsato him who sitsH3427
HTdHNcmsaand for strengthH1369
HCHRHNcfsato those who turn backH7725
HNcfsaat the gate.H8179
HVqp3cpthrough strong drink.H7941
HNcmsaand the prophetH5030
HRdHNcmsathey are confusedH1104
HTishall He teachH3384
HTishall He make to understandH995
HNcfsaThosewho are weanedH1580
HVqsmpcfrom the milkH2461
HAampcfrom the breasts,H7699
HNcmsamust beupon precept,H6673
HVhv2mpto the weary;"H5889
HTdHNcfsayet they were notH3808
So then the WordH1697
HNcmscof the LORDH3068
HRthey might go,H3212
HNcmsaand be brokenH7665
HCyou have said,H559
HVqp2mp"We have madeH3772
HNcmsaand we have madeH6213
HNcmsashall pass through,H5674
HVqi3msit shall notH3808
HTncome to us;H935
HCwe have madeH7760
HNcmscHSp1cpand we have hiddenH5641
HVNp1cpourselves under falsehood,"H8267
HNcfsafor a foundation, a triedH976
HNcmsahe who believesH539
Also I will makeH7760
HRHNcfsaand the hailH1259
HNcmsashall sweep awayH3261
HNcmsaand the watersH4325
HVqi3mpthe hiding place.H5643
And your covenantH1285
HNcmsashall be annulled,H3722
HCHVPq3msand your agreementH2380
HNcmsashall pass through,H5674
HVqi3msthen you shall beH1961
As often asH1767
HRHNcmscit passes through,H5674
HVqcHSp3msit shall takeH3947
HRdHNcmsait shall pass over,H5674
HRdHNcmsaand by night;H3915
HCHRdHNcmsaand it shall beH1961
HNpshall rise upH6965
HVqi3msas in MountH2022
HNpHe shall be angryH7264
HVqi3msas in the valleyH6010
HRHNpso that He may doH6213
HNcmscHSp3msand bring to passH5647
HCHDtherefore do notH408
HNcbpcHSp2mpbe made strong;H2388
HCI have heardH8085
HNcbpathat a full endH3617
HChe has made the face of itH6440
HVpp3msdoes he notH3808
HCHNcmsaDoes he not plantH7760
HNcfsain its place,H7795
HCHNcfsain its plot,H5567
HCHNcfsain its field?H1367
HVHi3mswith a threshing instrument,H2742
HRdHAamsanor is a cartH5699
HNcmsais beaten outH2251
HVNi3mswith a staffH4294
HRdHNcmsaand the cumminH3646
HCHNcmsawith a rod.H7626
HNcbsamust be groundH1854
HVHi3msto make bread; soH3588
HCone does notH3808
HTngo on threshingH1758
HRHNcmsaThough he drivesH156
HNcmscof his threshing cartH5699
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved